Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 520 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

This reporter asked Gillian Anderson whether she’s talked to Margaret Thatcher herself about playing her, and now I am dead.

https://twitter.com/nothing_but_hbc/status/1439796343715794945?s=20

Just like Thatcher.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Tobias is so quiet lol, he didn’t even reacted yet

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I held on to Diggs because I was looking at my winners and they were all (with the exclusion of MKW) white, and i was thinking, “they wouldn’t go there would they?”, so Diggs made sense.
    Julianne never made sense to me so i didn’t have her and the CA had me fooled with Anya.

I will never forgive myself for the Ewan McGregor change at the last minute, still crying about it.

0/4 at the Limited Actors sounds right

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I will never forgive myself for switching way from Nicholson and Winslet, at last minute. I always had a gut feeling about both since the show ended. I need to stay away from what people think and start to trust my gut (and my heart in Nicholson’s case). Remind me next year, to stay away from last minute switches in acting pls. At least, my super bet on Ewan paid off. Always had him winning since day 1.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Is it the first time that a show in each of drama,comedy and limited won both supporting races +lead.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I held on to Diggs because I was looking at my winners and they were all (with the exclusion of MKW) white, and i was thinking, “they wouldn’t go there would they?”, so Diggs made sense. Julianne never made sense to me so i didn’t have her and the CA had me fooled with Anya. I will never forgive myself for the Ewan McGregor change at the last minute, still crying about it. 0/4 at the Limited Actors sounds right

Especially after last year when they rewarded Zendaya, King, Abdul-Mateen II and made that whole speech about diversity and opportunity. Guess it only lasted one season.

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

I’m only mad with Michael K. Williams not winning Supporting Actor.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Especially after last year when they rewarded Zendaya, King, Abdul-Mateen II and made that whole speech about diversity and opportunity. Guess it only lasted one season.

And Uzo!
    Yeah, i was thinking that they were at least maintain 2 or 3, but nope.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve seen some complaints about this set of winners (some of which are valid, there is a lack of representation that is quite worrisome) but the one complaint I can’t understand is how these awards have been “wasted” because some of these performers who won were more established than others.

Kate Winslet and Ewan McGregor have now been given more exposure that will likely help them in a resurgence of career opportunities and Julianne Nicholson and Evan Peters have finally won major awards after years of delivering excellent and incredibly underrated performances. Gillian Anderson has finally been recognised for a piece of television in her strong career outside of The X-Files. Brett Goldstein, Hannah Waddingham and Josh O’Connor all have won for breakthrough performances. Jason Sudeikis has been recognised for doing something a bit different from what he usually does and I could write an entire essay about Jean Smart here.

The only win I can understand people levelling that notion towards is Colman’s but even then she now has completed 2/3s of a triple crown and she’s such an incredible actress who should already have 3 Emmys on her shelf for stuff like BroadchurchFleabag, Peep Show etc. Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion but IMO these are excellent winners (even though I preferred Michaela Coel/Elizabeth Olsen, Paapa Essiedu and Corrin/Moss/Rodriguez’s performances to some of the winners) and each of these wins are going to be HUGE for each of these performers’ careers.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I will never forgive myself for switching way from Nicholson and Winslet, at last minute. I always had a gut feeling about both since the show ended. I need to stay away from what people think and start to trust my gut (and my heart in Nicholson’s case). Remind me next year, to stay away from last minute switches in acting pls. At least, my super bet on Ewan paid off. Always had him winning since day 1.

You and me both.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Omg guys did you guys notice Ann Dowd rolling her eyes when Josh O’Connor won hahahahaha

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Omg guys did you guys notice Ann Dowd rolling her eyes when Josh O’Connor won hahahahaha

That’s what I thought too at first, but then I rewatched and realized she was trying to look where he was. That’s I think, at least. 😅

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ratings wise
    2020: 6.1 million, 1.2 targeted demo
    2021: 6.3 million, 1.5 targeted demo

We’re on the rise again people.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

That’s what I thought too at first, but then I rewatched and realized she was trying to look where he was. That’s I think, at least. 😅

No way. I’ve watched it like 5 times now since I noticed and it’s an absolute eye roll. Can’t say I blame her. The Crown season 4 was great but it didn’t deserve to enter the history books.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Ratings wise
    2020: 6.1 million, 1.2 targeted demo
    2021: 6.3 million, 1.5 targeted demo

We’re on the rise again people.

Is this just CBS live ratings or is Paramount+ streams included too?

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.