Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 520 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Julianne Nicholson isn’t there either for some reason.

The editor is Kathryn Hahn

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’m late in the day here, so I doubt I’m bringing anything new to this conversation, but my main thoughts were

– Devastated not to see MJ get Lead Actress. Stunned it went to Olivia over Emma. In fact for The Crown to get its haul, and yet the absolute star of the season not to be in that, is stunning. Even Fairytale was shunned.

– Not a good year in Comedy to not have watched Ted Lasso or Hacks.

– From people on Twitter I follow there seems to be uproar Supp. Actress in Limited didn’t go to Hahn, but Nicholson deserves and more. I’m fuming I swapped her out for Hahn at the last second.

– RuPaul will always win reality host, and I feel for Nicole Byer who is destined to always be the bridesmaid.

– Bowen Yang’s shoes should win an award.

Lol, my final placement of 1712nd. Low, low, low.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Emmy Viewership Rises Double Digits Over 2020’s All-Time Low to Hit 7.4 Million

Emmy Viewership Rises Double Digits Over 2020’s All-Time Low To Hit 7.4 Million

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

I was gagged that ”The Crown” won everything, I love the show, so I was very happy, but I would give MKW a win and Corrin the lead award. JOSH WON! <3

The not so sweep for ”Ted Lasso” was good, ”Hacks” is a great show. I loved the standing O for Smart, she deserved!

I wasn’t expecting ”Mare” to win 3 acting awards, wow! Glad Nicholson and Winslet won, both are great.

EWAN MCGREGOR! Unexpected and deserved, loved loved loved it!

The speech from Directing in a Miniseries was an insult! Glad Gambit lost Actress/Writing!

The ceremony was good, but 2020 was better, who knew!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The hatred I have seen toward Nicholson from WV fans is very sad albeit unsurprising. I wish they were as gracious as Ms. Hahn herself. Nicholson gave a bravura performance and fully deserved that win.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Emmy Viewership Rises Double Digits Over 2020’s All-Time Low to Hit 7.4 Million
    https://deadline.com/2021/09/2021-emmys-tv-ratings-award-show-ted-lasso-the-crown-cbs-nfl-nbc-1234840524/

We keep winning

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown ultimately won all those categories because voters thought it was the best of the crop. Josh O’Connor was the only cast member to make it in with SAG, BAFTA, the Globes and Critics Choice so there’s no need to explain there. Sure one may not be a fan of Colman’s or Anderson’s performances on here but both of their performances had their own fans (sure Anderson’s was a little bit more divisive but those who loved her performance LOVED it). Colman even had a lot of raves when season 4 aired (Matt Bomer literally posted on Instagram he loved her performance so much that he was getting a tattoo of her lmao). Only Tobias’ win was really a coattail.

Also the weak field argument is really overused at this point. Sure the show wouldn’t have won over The Queen’s Gambit but the only competitor it didn’t win aa single award over this entire season (both winter awards and Emmys) were Succession and The Morning Show. Even then had both those shows been eligible it’s not like the passion for the show’s performances would have magically dissipated (Anderson did sweep over the incumbent Emmy winner after all).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emmy Viewership Rises Double Digits Over 2020’s All-Time Low to Hit 7.4 Million https://deadline.com/2021/09/2021-emmys-tv-ratings-award-show-ted-lasso-the-crown-cbs-nfl-nbc-1234840524/

Their power.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Also, has a show ever won 5 actings awards in one year?

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I just realized that Brett Goldstein speech is the only one not on the TV Academy’s channel 💀 Probably because he cursed two times.

Yeah.. they’re going down for this but at least someone else posted it and it’s gone semi viral on Twitter too.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Also the weak field argument is really overused at this point.

Strong disagree. It applies to all of the Drama and Comedy winners this year. Even if some of the winners absolutely would have won anyway the weak field is what made so many categories uncompetitive. We had more locks this year than ever before. You do love to say arguments are overused when you don’t agree with them though Wolfali 😉

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

With the ratings being up, I guess the solution is to nominate anything Marvel. Lol. And put the most important category at the end.

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Ratings also depend on which network it was broadcasted on. NBC and CBS (yesterday’s Emmy) have a higher turnout compared to ABC or Fox let’s say.

Profile picture
    Lao
    Topics:

The wins for “Hacks” were the bright spots in an otherwise expected “Ted Lasso” sweep. I could see these actors repeating for a very long time, and that shouldn’t be the aim of rewarding the totality of television in a given year.  

Are you referring to the actors from Ted Lasso here?

If so, I thought I read that Lasso was going to end with season three. So, they would only be eligible for the next two years (for Lasso). Not unless I dreamed that “ending with season three” thing…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Are you referring to the actors from Ted Lasso here?

If so, I thought I read that Lasso was going to end with season three. So, they would only be eligible for the next two years (for Lasso). Not unless I dreamed that “ending with season three” thing…

The plan was to end with 3 seasons, that was before it became this massive hit.
    They haven’t revisited the matter yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.