Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 520 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

2 7/7 sweeps in 2 years is kind of worrying, for lack of a better word. Next year, if Apple TV changes it’s submission strategy for TL, it could easily pull off another Schitts Creek either for S2 or S3 (if that’s the last one). Succession is also coming back and has a lot of hype after a delayed season. Voters are so fkn annoying.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, has a show ever won 5 actings awards in one year?

No. The previous record was 4 (I believe SNLMaisel season 2, Schitt’s Creek season 6 and Angels in America are the only holders of that).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I came #1 in the prediction centre and just wanted to thank everyone that regularly posts in these forums! I don’t post here often (english isn’t my first language), but I come here every day to see what everybody has to say and it is one of my favourite parts of the day. Thank you all for always being so entertaining and humorous, but still nice and insightful! Thank you for letting me “steal” all of your ideas! 😉

Congratulations! And please, try to post more often around here, a bunch of us don’t have English as our first language as well but everyone is always quite accepting of our little mistakes that we might make here or there.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

No. The previous record was 4 (I believe SNL, Maisel season 2, Schitt’s Creek season 6 and Angels in America are the only holders of that).

The Crown is the GOAT wbk. The iconic sweep.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

`

No. The previous record was 4 (I believe <em>SNL</em>, <em>Maisel</em> season 2, <em>Schitt’s Creek</em> season 6 and <em>Angels in America</em> are the only holders of that).

There’s also Caesar’s House, the first program to win all four major acting awards in a single year. The Glass Menagerie also won 4 if we include its two wins at the Super Emmys. That’s it I think.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The only thing more shocking about Crown sweeping is Charles Dance being left to dust.
    Does he have some controversy? Because lol boy was left out of the party.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel bad for Emma Corrin and Helena Bonham Carter.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Just needs 5 more wins (currently has 21) to become the 2nd most awarded drama series ever with The West Wing and Hill Street Blues.

It’s also on track to be the only proper continuing series apart from The Sopranos to be nominated in the series, writing, directing and acting for all of its eligible seasons. That level of consistent support is hard to achieve.

Don’t we love to see it stomping like that?

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The limited series actress and drama series actress were past Oscar winners before in Best Actress. Little quirky observation. When was the last time this happened? All I’m saying is watch out for next season’s past Oscar winner competing in lead for both limited and drama series.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I feel bad for Emma Corrin and Helena Bonham Carter.

Helena was done so dirty. I can’t even…ugh.

Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

The ceremony looked amazing, but it was a messy telecast. The PAs walking into frame sent me and some of the wonky camera cuts were amateur hour. Cedric was fine, but that one sketch with the fly was so cringe. Lived for the former wives sketch (if you know, YOU KNOW!). The winners were great. 17/27, but kicking myself that it wasn’t the easy 19/27 (missed Hamilton) I could’ve had. I hate that I didn’t predict Kate Winslet when I made my case for it all last week. I played myself by going with the Creative Arts science everyone was using so I too am a clown. I don’t want to sound like an Uncle Tom, but the discourse is not it and feels hollow b/c the conversation has gone from genuine to these trades wanting to get clicks and retweets. It’s annoying and it doesn’t help that these white people play themselves every year by congratulating themselves for their awards body nominating people who aren’t white. Just sit and eat your food! And I hope people complaining about sweeps have that same energy when Succession comes for its things next year. Next year will be exciting because so much stuff is eligible and it’s going to be a ki to see what gets in and what’s snubbed.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The limited series actress and drama series actress were past Oscar winners before in Best Actress. Little quirky observation. When was the last time this happened? All I’m saying is watch out for next season’s past Oscar winner competing in lead for both limited and drama series.

Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett reading this last year:

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just re-watched some of the clips from last night (I missed a few during the ceremony) and lmao at the Emmy clip screen revealing who some of the winners were before they were announced (they revealed Peter Morgan’s win by accident before they announced Jessica Hobbs’!)

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett reading this last year:

Its a travesty Blanchett doesn’t have an Emmy yet. But winning for Mrs. America was not it. I hope she gets her own prestigious HBO drama asap.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.