Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 520 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

When both Field and Colman, an Oscar winner did win Limited (Winslet and Mirren for the Prime Suspect finale).

Wow that’s an interesting stat.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t know, we need a new thing for the creative arts Like, i doubt voters actually watch all those narrator, voice over, guests, short form things, and they should for we to move on from wins like Foy and others. Jury idk, but this laziness is not working

I just think you need to put a screen time limit or something on both guest and supporting.

Headey and Allen got in with 3 and 2% of screen time spread over multiple episodes in 2019 in supporting. Is it any wonder cameos are getting in for guest? (what was Foy? 2 minutes out of 600? 0.3%?) Meanwhile other people get in to supporting when they’re in nearly every scene.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, get it Emmy winner Michaela Coel!

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

I still think the MKW loss is completely inexplicable. I heard a commentator suggest that Tobias Menzies may have won because he’s also done great work without winning an Emmy over a long period of time in series such as Outlander, Rome and Game of Thrones, but if that’s the explanation, how do you not reward MKW who has also done great work over a long period of time in series such as The Wire, Boardwalk Empire and When They See Us?

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I just do not understand how the Emmy voting works. Claire Foy, Olivia Colman, and Tobias winning just does not make sense to me. So, every year, are we going to have a sweep, even if its undeserved. Emma winning would have been great but Guest Actress and Supporting Actor are truly bad wins. Just as bad as them snubbing Tom Pelphrey. They literally awarded the worst nominees in the categories if you ask me. I get it, The Crown was a huge show but, does that mean they should give it every single award. Another shoulder shrug is how in the hell did Don Cheadle get nominated but Carl Lumbly did not for Falcon & Winter Soldier? How in the f**k did that happen?

How does the voting work? Who votes?

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

it dominated even more than schitt, since schitt only won casting/costumes at creative, vs guest/casting/editing/cinematography.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Another shoulder shrug is how in the hell did Don Cheadle get nominated but Carl Lumbly did not for Falcon & Winter Soldier?

Lumbly was in 3/6 of his show’s episodes, not making him guest eligible per the less than 50% rule and thus he was submitted in Supporting instead.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

* Jackson’s win is wild because she won both Drama and Limited for this role, at the ceremony.

This has to go down as one of the stupidest Emmy decisions.

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

she came, she saw, she checkmated…

5 trophies out of six for one of the best female characters

and now that i rethink it, since the show won the Emmy and she is literally the show, that Emmy in the photo suits just fine 🙂

Oh Beth,my Beth!!! Forever grateful!!

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

MOE really benefited with the late airing, fresh memories from the voters. And if they’re going to push for second season and I will be pissed.

Someone said that ATJ was DISTANT 3rd? As in DISTANT? Like how? She won SAG minus Winslet! LMFAO.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

This has to go down as one of the stupidest Emmy decisions.

Even more stupider is that she beat herself in Limited, as she was nominated twice for Elizabeth R, I guess the different episodes count as two different TV movies?

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I still think the MKW loss is completely inexplicable. I heard a commentator suggest that Tobias Menzies may have won because he’s also done great work without winning an Emmy over a long period of time in series such as Outlander, Rome and Game of Thrones, but if that’s the explanation, how do you not reward MKW who has also done great work over a long period of time in series such as The Wire, Boardwalk Empire and When They See Us?

I have a few theories outside of the fact that I don’t think Menzies is bad:

1. Prince Phillip died this year.

2. He had Modern Love out during the voting period (which he is arguably the strongest male contender in) and he and they did quite a lot of promo for it (probably more than for The Crown). There were NO  Prime candidates on the ballot so if you watch a lot of Prime he might have had spillover votes. Modern Love isn’t that weak – Dev Patel got in for it last time.

3. Outlander, but Starz in general, possibly do have a good will effect with a portion of voters but never enough to get them over the line for those performances. Jodie Comer did the White Queen for Starz prior to Killing Eve, for instance, and Anderson got a CCA nomination for American Gods pre Crown. Outlander didn’t even air during this period so any goodwill towards that show might have gone to Menzies.

4. Rome is probably too long ago.

5. There did appear to be a trend towards GoT guest stars but that likely wouldn’t have gotten him over the line though it might have helped in getting nominated.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

And speaking of Wanda stans… lmao..

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Samba

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Samba

And that’s just the US. If we add UK, Australia, Asia etc,it will probably cross 10M.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.