Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 520 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

— On that note, while they didn’t produce a flawless ceremony, the Emmy producers proved once more that they can deliver. This was a million times better than the Oscars, which, the main problems aside, was so poorly lit and structured. I would not mind if the Emmys kept this setting and never switched back to the old comedy-limited-drama chronology. Mixing up the categories was the smartest decision they made.

The Watch Podcast spent all of today’s episode dissecting the Emmys and I think their point that it had Globes energy (in lieu of the GG’s existence) with the tables was valid. It was fun to see everyone hanging out with their co-stars.

I think Menzies – in the face of playing a person that passed away this year ND then winning over the category favourite who had also passed – possibly made the right decision to just not be there.  I have no idea what you say there if you’re him.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I believe there will be some residual love,just as there was residual love for Falco after The Sopranos, Moss after Mad Men and for Cranston after Breaking Bad.

My suspicion is that this happens rather than they jump on to the House of The Dragon train (although I would be inclined to think Matt Smith will probably get a bump from all that early-season Crown rewatching).

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/gz0BzfEu1iw Watch from 2:07 to 2:11 on the left of the stage (you can easily spot Anya in that orange dress).

Jesus. Wonder what would have happened in here if she had won that Emmy ( as she should ). Like really? Other people were seating too btw

ps. It s not orange 😁😁

Profile picture
    salmonpie
    Topics:

Talking of Ingram, lol Anya didn’t even stand up when Smart won. I don’t mean to sound extra-critical but I believe when people of such legendary status win,all stand. I mean,ALL.

So what you meant to say is you don’t mean to be a biatch but you really are.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

You are reading into Anya’s body language way too much 💀

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

I know I am pretty late in hood, but Rege Jean Page getting nominated for Best Actor but not Richard Madden in 2019 despite both shows being on Netflix is why I can’t ever trust Emmy

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Both Richard Madden and Keeley Hawes were so robbed for Bodyguard.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Both Richard Madden and Keeley Hawes were so robbed for Bodyguard.

As asides here

a) I did hear some rumblings about a potential S2 for Bodyguard.

b) I really, really need Madden and Brian Cox to get that show they have in development together where they play twins and Cox yells at robots.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

You are reading into Anya’s body language way too much

Confirmation bias – no one would pick that up if they weren’t looking for reasons to dislike Anya.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Richard Madden and Brian Cox playing twins? Huh?

It’s a podcast that already exist from them both, a very trashy storyline about twins that got separated and one was sent to space and came back older than the younger

Amazon Lines Up TV Adaptation Of Sci-Fi Podcast ‘From Now’ With Richard Madden & Brian Cox Aboard As Exec Producers

They won’t star, only EP, Amazon bought the rights.

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

Totally irrelevant but, Angela Bassett I love u

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Moments from this year’s Emmys I’ll not forget:

• Heartfelt

Hannah

• Honest

Kate

• Legendary

Smart

• Pro

Allen

• Emotional

Coel

• ☠️

Worst

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Moments from this year’s Emmys I’ll not forget:

• Heartfelt

Hannah

• Honest

Kate

• Legendary

Smart

• Pro

Allen

• Emotional

Coel

• ☠️

Worst

The erasure.

Heartfelt, emotional, legendary, honest but also “Michaela Coel f*** yeah” is one of the best lines ever uttered in an acceptance speech.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Janeth Sueros
    Topics:

why do you see anya so much, anya did nothing to you

Profile picture
    Janeth Sueros
    Topics:

si, Anya se sentía muy nerviosa y tensa  ,no se porque  tratan  de crear cosas donde no las hay

Yes, Anya felt very nervous and tense, I don’t know why they try to create things where there are none

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.