Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 520 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

this fucking website

Im 💀💀

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Maybe, just maybe, the voters preferred shows this year that didn’t have many POC performers. Basically everything was won by Mare of Easttown, Ted Lasso or The Crown.

And just maybe, they’re also lazy, sheepish voters who only sought out three or four shows this year, which also happened to be predominately white. Both things can be true at once.

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

And just maybe, they’re also lazy, sheepish voters who only sought out three or four shows this year, which also happened to be predominately white. Both things can be true at once.

Eyeroll. I agree with you that it’s lazy voting, but where is the evidence that voters are deliberately (or even unconsciously) voting for those shows because they have white casts? The reason I’ve singled you out is because you continually throw the race card around with zero evidence, and people like that should be called out. Watchmen won many awards last year, including for Regina King and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. They didn’t win because they were POC, they won because they gave deserving performances and voters really liked the show. I suspect you’ve forgotten about that because it doesn’t fit the “Emmys are racist” narrative that you seem intent on pushing out.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I hate seeing Josh O’Connor with an Emmy and Emma Corrin with none 💀
    And it’s not even because he was bad, it’s because without her it’s not a show at all.

Well, I thought Josh O’Connor was much better than her, so I’m fine.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Eyeroll. I agree with you that it’s lazy voting, but where is the evidence that voters are deliberately (or even unconsciously) voting for those shows because they have white casts? The reason I’ve singled you out is because you continually throw the race card around with zero evidence, and people like that should be called out. Watchmen won many awards last year, including for Regina King and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. They didn’t win because they were POC, they won because they gave deserving performances and voters really liked the show. I suspect you’ve forgotten about that because it doesn’t fit the “Emmys are racist” narrative that you seem intent on pushing out.

So scattered years when POC winners win make up for the years when they don’t? Got it. That’s not progress, and it’s not right either. Sweeps are lazy sheep mentality, and this year, there was POC talent that could have been acknowledged with wins. It didn’t have to happen. That’s the point that many have made here, which is why we’re celebrating Michaela Coel’s win and wished that it was given more of a proper showcase. Your incessant trolling won’t change my viewpoints regardless.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

crown imdb ratings, premieres/finales:

s1 5.5k/3.8k

s2 3.5k/3.3k

s3 4.0k/3.0k

s4 3.4k/2.7k

I still don’t believe the story some people here like to say that crown is the biggest thing ever with the world. Frankly, it’s Exhibit A in Awards Bait and I remember thinking it would get a bunch of major wins as early as season one but it took until now to get even moderate buzz with general audiences.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

still don’t believe the story some people here like to say that crown is the biggest thing ever with the world.

It isn’t, but it is one of the biggest shows on Netflix, featuring a well known and very respected cast, on the biggest streamer in the world, and is a phenomenon because of the conversations it sparks.It’s hardly an indie hit.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

crown imdb ratings, premieres/finales:

s1 5.5k/3.8k

s2 3.5k/3.3k

s3 4.0k/3.0k

s4 3.4k/2.7k

I still don’t believe the story some people here like to say that crown is the biggest thing ever with the world. Frankly, it’s Exhibit A in Awards Bait and I remember thinking it would get a bunch of major wins as early as season one but it took until now to get even moderate buzz with general audiences.

I am no great stan of the Crown but you are comparing ratings of episodes released 10 months ago to those released in 2016, 2017, and 2019. And that too on IMDB, which leans towards a certain demographic.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

And that too on IMDB, which leans towards a certain demographic

IMDB if you really dig in to it under represents on:

Women

People over 45

Non US viewers

Which is literally the Crown audience

People should ALWAYS look at the breakdown page for votes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4786824/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

It does not take a genius to workout the Crown’s main audience is not 33 year old American men.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Mmm I was responding to the person saying “emma is why the show IS HUGE NOW!!!” And I was mostly comparing the internal voters, so voters from one season to the next, wherein the demographics shouldn’t shift much. Shows can grow. For example:

Boys finales 1/2:  9.7 to 11.7

Cobra finales 1/2: 3.8 to 4.9

Mandalorian finales 1/2:  23 to 49

Ozark finales 2/3: 3.8 to 6.2

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Mmm I was responding to the person saying “emma is why the show IS HUGE NOW!!!” And I was mostly comparing the internal voters, so voters from one season to the next, wherein the demographics shouldn’t shift much. Shows can grow. For example:

Oh, I agree with that. She may have turned interest to a particular demographic but I doubt it’s substantively more popular overall.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Well, I thought Josh O’Connor was much better than her, so I’m fine.

Definitely.

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

love almost everything here. the way angela bassett said the name of the show, Moses sitting on Anya, their reaction, Anya asking the rest of the crew to go onstage, Bush telling her to go up there, her denial/hesitation to go first and the fact she finally put Moses first. Totally chaotic 🙂

ps. william horberg that was an inside joke of yours but you don’t start your appreciation speech towards your lead actress by telling that she brought sexy back on chess. She is the reason you were all on that stage. maybe if you and scott watch Coel’s speeh you ll be able to avoid that kind of mistakes in the future. Watch her again and take notes

ps2 you,you, you….. emmy voters…..you refused to give us a perfect closure to a magnificent journey, guess it was my bad to have expected more. i ve seen you going over the same choices again and again through the years, thank God you didn’t f@@@ things up and Gillian finally took her second emmy

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit winning was maybe kind of a shock to some of the audience who don’t follow the Creative Arts.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So it’s Thursday and I am still rewatching speeches on repeat. Who can relate?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.