Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 520 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Kate was excellent, no need for the breakdown
    I was also rooting for Anya but it’s not a bad performance in any way, it’s quite the opposite.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Just to be clear, I was rooting for Anya all the way. But Kate like Coel and even Olsen all deserved to win. Anya has a bright future. Her time will come. I just hope that she will continue to challenge herself. She’s only 25 after all.

I’m happy for TQG. Not happy with the speeches. I mean it was bad. LMAO.

Overall the limited series choices were really good.

As for Colman winning, though I prefer Emma, I guess they just rewarded her.

Awards Season is just starting. This is going to be unbearable. Lol.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Ethan Hawke would have won if he got in to limited actor.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ethan Hawke would have won if he got in to limited actor.

Don’t you worry, he’s coming to give a masterclass acting again for some TV/Movie and the Oscars/Emmys are going to snub him

Will god ever forgive us?

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I don’t mind The Crown sweeping. I mind the fact that the voters are getting lazier and lazier. This sweep shows that clearly one show was far more watched than all the others which is just not fair(and Colman winning over Corrin suggests to me that they didn’t even get to s4 yet.)

Insane.

How does this make sense when they also awarded Anderson? They simply preferred Colman’s performance.

But I will agree that the all white acting winners is messed up and they really need to force voters to watch more shows.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Just give out the awards and stop the awful comedy sketches.

I couldn’t take it. I dvr’d the show. Did other things and then fast forwarded thru all the dumb stuff.

Get a news person or Oprah to host. Just a calm presence to introduce the people and say hello and goodbye. Robin Roberts maybe too.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

But social media is the place where Corrin was agreed to be the main attraction. Ultimately she had never won an industry award against Olivia.

And I’m not sure which parts of sm either. No one I know has ever posted about this show.
    But the show is geared towards older whites, which is very Emmy voter friendly.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Overall pretty happy with the winners (minus them all being white despite the LARGE number of POC nominees). I was fine with anyone winning lead actress (limited), maybe minus Erivo (sorry Erivo). Everyone there gave absolutely amazing performances (even Olsen who gives one of the best performances I’ve seen from her). Winlset was absolutely fantastic in Mare, and Anya was amazing in Gambit. I have no doubt that Anya will be back at the Emmy’s in the winning conversation again, as someone said, she is only 25 (though probably not for a while, that girl booked herself through about 2023 lmao).

Was a bit shocked at The Crown sweeping (and now regretting removing my sweep for them at the VERY last minute.

I was happiest about Coel winning writing tho, I was very scared she’d lose for a second.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Never wore gold / yellow if you wanna win

JLD
    Cuoco
    Anya

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

But social media is the place where Corrin was agreed to be the main attraction.

Social media isn’t always a terrible guide (I think it’s not a bad one for nominations) but people neglect to realise that some of it skews probably a decade or two younger than the average voter. I know this is not what people want to believe but Facebook is probably more reliable than Twitter and certainly more so than Instagram.

Profile picture
    SkyLight
    Topics:

All I know is that they’re going to regret giving Kate Winslet that award over Anya Taylor-Joy. Mare of Easttown was ultimately a lousy longform police-procedural/mediocre character study. Winslet was fine (I guess), but her performance was definitely kind of one-note.

LMFAO.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Never wore gold / yellow if you wanna win  Cuoco  

Anya and Carey wearing gold and Kate and Frances wearing black…

2x Academy Award loser GODma Stone
    Future EGOTer BilLORD Eilish

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Girl, I’m gay and love variety but I don’t want someone to win just because they’re queer, I want them to win because they are totally deserving. Wanting a queer performer to win because they are queer is a disservice to their talent.

I think they made it abundantly clear that they also thought MJ deserved it lol.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I must have to say my dear friend hopelesstar nailed on their post in the first page of this thread. Summarized a general disappointment after recent years overall satisfying results. Really rooted for MJ as she was the soul of an overall interesting show, her performance is def one that sticks with me for long.

On the ceremony: they had fine pace and good structure that were clouded by the bad winners. I feel the opposite happened at the Oscars. Was looking for winners clips on YouTube but I wasn’t interested in lot of those, which is weird since I usually love to rewatch.

It’s needed to leave here my appreciation for Michaela Coel who produced such technical and thematic achievement with I May Destroy You. Her speech only made clear of the creativity and intimacy needed for that. Def a highlight to witness.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Anya and Carey wearing gold and Kate and Frances wearing black…

Glenn Close shouldve taken that note at the Oscars since the 3 of her Emmy wins were wearing black lol

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.