Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 520 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

When Nicholson and Peters won, I realised then only that Winslet will definitely coattail them to a win.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

When Nicholson and Peters won, I realised then only that Winslet will definitely coattail them to a win.

Lol Winslet didn’t coattail them.
    Her passion>>>passion of the other castmates.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s the first since Everybody Loves Raymond in 2002.

That was under the tape system though so this really is a monumental achievement for Mare of Easttown.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

That was under the tape system though so this really is a monumental achievement for Mare of Easttown.

It’s what they deserve!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s what they deserve!

Hmm.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Hmm.

I voted for him at the GD awards but I’m still happy for Evan darling.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I voted for him at the GD awards but I’m still happy for Evan darling.

Oh so am I! Evan should already have multiple Emmys on his shelf for AHS.

But I still feel sad for Paapa 🙁

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

many here were freaked out after TQG sweep in creative emmys and now we keep reading why winslet was always the one to win. interesting. the fact that she is an emmy’s sweetheart has nothing to do with it. Even if ATJ was not nominated, Coel deserved that more. The acting that was totally deserved for Mare was Nicholson, Essiedu was also better than Peters. Sorry,not sorry

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

At the end of the day Taylor-Joy lost and Winslet won because the actors branch liked the acting on Mare of Easttown a lot more rather than because they thought the acting on I May Destroy You, The Queen’s Gambit or even WandaVision was weak or because they weren’t keen on either show. Taylor-Joy after all won at SAG and I May Destroy You managed to get Essiedu in in spite of being seen as “the Michaela Coel show”.

Well, that first point is obvious and what some of us have been suggesting for months now. No one said The Queen’s Gambit and IMDY were weak. But they were weaker than Mare and the red flags were arguably always there: Camp and Heller missing for The Queen’s Gambit and Weruche Opia missing for IMDY (both of which I and numerous others pointed out several times). Could ATJ and Coel still have won in spite of those snubs? Absolutely, because they are their show’s faces. But they were going to make the path for supporting victories difficult (IMO).

Actors were incredibly specific when it came to Mare and nominated (debatably) the four best and most talked about performances. The fact that, for instance, Guy Pearce wasn’t namechecked was a sign to me that they watched and actually cared about the show, because no one who paid attention would actually think Pearce deserved a nom.

Anyway I don’t know why we’re even discussing this when the Emmys are over and Winslet won.

Because results have to be analyzed. Isn’t that the point of these forums?

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am really curious to see how The Crown does going forward. Schitt’s Creek didn’t have to deal with the fallout of a full sweep at the Emmys since it was over. By the end of the night, that room was so over The Crown — like even the supporting actresses got close to no applause. That room isn’t representative of the industry or voters at all, but I am still curious to see how something does following a full sweep.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I am really curious to see how The Crown does going forward. Schitt’s Creek didn’t have to deal with the fallout of a full sweep at the Emmys since it was over. By the end of the night, that room was so over The Crown — like even the supporting actresses got close to no applause. That room isn’t representative of the industry or voters at all, but I am still curious to see how something does following a full sweep.

I think it benefits from the fact that it will take a year out or some fatigue may have set in.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I think the muted applause comes across like that because almost the entire cast and crew of The Crown was not present there. Those are the people who are going to be woohooing and heavily cheering on their own nominees. Supporting Actress was the first drama acting award presented so it wouldn’t make sense for the audience to be over it just yet if that was even going to be the case. Even in the first drama category (Writing), the other nominees are more cheered on than The Crown so I wouldn’t try to gauge anything from this.

Them taking a year off and then returning with a brand new cast would greatly help offset any fatigue that sweep might incur.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Them taking a year off and then returning with a brand new cast would greatly help offset any fatigue that sweep might incur.

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you and forwardswill. I will also be curious to see whether Elizabeth Debicki is gonna be pushed in lead or supporting. I know they’ll want to mount a big campaign for Lesley Manville, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed Debicki down to supporting at least at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

One thing we’ve learnt from the past few years is that the industry loves the Queen more than anyone else. So Debicki going supporting makes sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.