Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 520 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I know it was never likely but I’m still disappointed that Moss didn’t win.. she gave a career best undeniable performance.

It is incredibly frustrating. It’s like they didn’t even watch dramas not named The Crown. Also, O-T Fagbenle and Madeline Brewer! I am gonna have to hope O-T brings it as Mr. Obama next year and wins for that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am gonna have to hope O-T brings it as Mr. Obama next year and wins for that.

When he pulls an Evan Peters.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The lead actress/supporting actor combo repeating itself with Viola Davis and O-T Fagbenle. YES!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The lead actress/supporting actor combo repeating itself with Viola Davis and O-T Fagbenle. YES!

Also this has nothing to do with the awards but I just loved O-T’s Emmys outfit.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I had no idea Lead Actress and Supporting Actor go together so frequently in Limited Series:
    (From 2006 onwards)

2006-Elizabeth I (Jeremy Irons and Helen Mirren)

2008-John Adams (Laura Linney and Tom Wilkinson)

2009-Grey Gardens (Jessica Lange and Ken Howard)

2010-Temple Grandin (Claire Danes and David Strathairn)

2011-Mildred Pierce (Kate Winslet and Guy Pearce)

2015-Olive Kitteridge (Frances McDormand and Bill Murray)

2016-The People Vs OJ Simpson ACS (Sarah Paulson and Sterling K.Brown)

2017-Big Little Lies (Nicole Kidman and Alexander Skarsgard)

2020-Watchmen (Regina King and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II)

2021-Mare Of Easttown (Kate Winslet and Evan Peters)

2022:?? Viola Davis and OT Fagbenle??

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

2022:?? Viola Davis and OT Fagbenle??

There are many possibilities for this stat to continue next year:

– Viola Davis and O-T Fagbenle (The First Lady)
    – Sienna Miller and Rupert Friend (Anatomy of a Scandal)
    – Sarah Lancashire and David Hyde Pierce/James Cromwell (Julia)
    – Lily James and Seth Rogen/Nick Offerman (Pam and Tommy)
    – Margaret Qualley and Nick Robinson (Maid)

And those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head!

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

– Viola Davis and O-T Fagbenle (The First Lady)  

Or Gillian Anderson and Kiefer Sutherland…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Or Gillian Anderson and Kiefer Sutherland…

Or…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    salmonpie
    Topics:

Save it troll. This is a Primetime Emmys reactions board, and the results of the Emmys are going to be the discussed. That includes an all-white acting winners slate where no POC nominees were acknowledged. If you don’t like it, you know where the door is.

Exactly. I’m doing exactly as you said and discussing how much of a sad troll you are. Show yourself the door if you don’t like it. Good riddance. No one will miss you.

Profile picture
    salmonpie
    Topics:

It is incredibly frustrating. It’s like they didn’t even watch dramas not named The Crown. Also, O-T Fagbenle and Madeline Brewer! I am gonna have to hope O-T brings it as Mr. Obama next year and wins for that.

I loved Elisabeth Moss this season but OT was NOT good. I’m still surprised his performance got nominated. He had the opportunity to blow it out of the park in the scenes when he first saw Moss at the camp, but all of it were just meh. Only my opinion.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Or…

She’s so underrated. It’s time she wins some major industry awards. I hope the showrunner knows how to juggle three different stories properly.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

She’s so underrated. It’s time she wins some major industry awards. I hope the showrunners knows how to juggle three different stories properly.

It’s possible, unrelated show but yhe first season of Why Women Kill did this perfectly with a near identical story structure (lives of three women who live in the same in different decades)

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Exactly. I’m doing exactly as you said and discussing how much of a sad troll you are. Show yourself the door if you don’t like it. Good riddance. No one will miss you.

Do you think anyone would miss you? Please. You’re going on ignore now. Bye troll.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

That user is clearly pressed at The Crown and Corrin.

I like Emma better than claire foy or prince charles or prince philip.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Steven Canals speech if he had won anything for Pose (x)

“The reason I get to stand up here as an openly queer Afro-Latin person is because of my ancestors,” his speech opens. “In 1969, the fight for the Trans and Queer liberation reached a fever pitch, built on the backs of the women, who happened to be Trans and Lesbian. Who happened to be Black and Latina. And so I want to honor Marsha P Johnson, Sylvia Rivera, Miss Major, and Stormé DeLarverie. And that work continues today with MJ Rodriguez, Dominique Jackson, Indya Moore, Hailie Sahar, Angelica Ross, Our Lady J, & Janet Mock. Trans is beautiful. Non-Binary is Stunning. And to be Queer is a gift. We LGBTQ+ people are cultural leaders, we are the culture makers, WE ARE UNMATCHED!! Don’t let anyone tell you anything otherwise.”

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.