Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 520 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Happy to have come 53rd considering I got a lot wrong. Also happy to have beaten Luca after he switched to Anya Taylor-Joy 😀

Hahahaha, that was my first observation!! Congrats!! I flopped. But hey, we got what we wanted. 😊🥳

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

I was rooting Anya this whole time and to be honest I m disappointed (like someone said in here how can you give all these awards to the show and not the Queen herself) but I guess the series win is kinda of  hers. She is the show.
    Congratulations to Kate winslet for her win. We know to win and to lose

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I only got two of the acting awards wrong: Ewan MacGregor and Julianne Nicholson. I only got 3 of 6 in the variety/reality categories. 74% correct was awesome for me! If only I had chosen War instead of Fairytale for Drama Series Directing!

My biggest complaint was wishing the presenters would just get on with it, stop talking and just open the darn envelope already! And most of the skits/hosting from Cedric the not entertainer were awful.

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

Just happy for my queen!!

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Highlights: 

– Kate Winslet, Evan Peters & Julianne Nicholson’s wins: I’m not going to lie, as great as some of their competitors were, these three performers deserved their wins 100%. Kate especially showed something remarkable in Mare of Easttown, it’s kind of annoying that the show didn’t win in the end, but it had to be an extremely close race.

– Jean Smart is an icon. I love that she was able to win all the comedy categories. Twice in guest, once in both lead and supporting. She’s wonderful!

Low Blows

– They should have captured the live reactions. The Emmys has been quite disappointing losing that side of the winner reactions for years now.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Came in 188th. My strongest Emmy main ceremony placement lol.

Go girl. I don’t even want to talk about my scores lol 🤮😫

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I  have not processed and recovered from the Mare domination in acting. I am over the moon.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I have not processed and recovered from the Mare domination in acting. I am over the moon.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

You could tell how much winning an award for a show so close to her meant to her. Gratitude was in her voice. That’s what we all love to see.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

This reporter asked Gillian Anderson whether she’s talked to Margaret Thatcher herself about playing her, and now I am dead.

https://twitter.com/nothing_but_hbc/status/1439796343715794945?s=20

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m honestly so glad I can rewatch Mare without fuming over potential losses lol.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m honestly so glad I can rewatch Mare without fuming over potential losses lol.

I actually rewatched it this past week and it’s such a reward. It’s even better on a second watch.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Winslet will now sweep the Winter Awards.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

This reporter asked Gillian Anderson whether she’s talked to Margaret Thatcher herself about playing her, and now I am dead.

https://twitter.com/nothing_but_hbc/status/1439796343715794945?s=20

I—

Profile picture
    salmonpie
    Topics:

Well, the thing about Winslet is that she makes every role that she does harder than it’s supposed to be. Her preparation is very well-known among actors as a rigid and a extensive one, and she really did that with Mare. Not a single bit of gesture and emotion escape her awareness. It was a very polished performance that raised the whole conversation about the character, bringing the depth and layers that I don’t think Anya portrayed in her show eventhough she’s on screen every single time. I deeply appreciate Anya’s performance since it really is a star-making turn, and while I think Michaela should’ve won, Kate really gives a performance that deserves an Emmy. Original? Perhaps not. Sarah Lancashire has paved the way for her. Deserving? Absolutely. Over Anya? Obviously for me.

I completely agree.

Although I can make a good case for how Michaela could have won, and even Anya had an extremely strong and unique performance, Kate has far and away the strongest performance for me, with Michaela close behind, and Anya a distant third.

Whomever said Kate’s win will live in infamy is clearly out of his mind. This award is for the Best Actress of the year, not the flavor of the month, nor is it the Emmy for the best political agenda award to elevate the status of minority actors or LGBTQ actors unless their performances happen to be the best.

Kate Winslet might have won too many awards in her career, leading people to think she’s a “boring” choice, but it doesn’t change the fact that this “boring” choice is also a magnificent choice. Go find your infamy somewhere else. No one is losing sleep.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.