Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 494 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 11.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

What an episode! 8, 9, 10 and 12 were the episodes confirming to me that Michaela was giving my favourite performance of the year.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I tried watching IMDY episode 1 when it came out and didn’t really like it so I didn’t continue, but I recently went back and I’m now on Ep 7 and holy shittttttt it’s soooo good what was I ON.

Rooting for Coel and Winslet, period.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

It would be so cool if the Emmys shocked us and had I May Destroy You sweep like it did at the BAFTAs…

I just can’t see The Queen’s Gambit losing Limited Series or Lead Actress.

Our only hope is writing.

I can’t see Mare of Easttown pulling out any wins, except maybe Supporting Actress, despite how good it was. I think it could take both supporting awards if voters decide to go against Hamilton.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Mare not winning anything above the line would make me legit angry.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I know I’m probably just hopedicting, but I truly think it will be (or at least, could be) down to Coel vs Winslet in the end.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Since we know ATJ is booked for 1-2 years and Olsen has Dr.Strange 2 coming,it’ll be fun to see what is the outcome of the projects that Coel and Winslet do next, cause I’m dead sure offers would be flocking in for them at present.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Limited Series
    “I May Destroy You” (HBO)

“Mare of Easttown” (HBO)

“The Queen’s Gambit” (Netflix)

“The Underground Railroad” (Amazon Prime Video)

“WandaVision” (Disney Plus)

based on this i can see that head to head between MoE VS TQB why?

1.IMDY already loose to TQB at GG SAG and many…i dont wanna include BAFTA due theres no high profile limited series on that competition thats why IMDY won BAFTA.

2.WandaVision seemed like promote from Emmy : Hey guys do more something like this…dont get me wrong so many JK Rowling’s Magic moves none really got award at the first place..Magic in the air

3. TUR ?? no comment

MoE got 4 in acting category WV got 3, TQG got 3, IMDY got 2 …. just dont forget Sosie Bacon , Joe Tippet & Guy Pierce performance …thats why i called MoE complete package to Win

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Them not nominating Guy Pearce is a clear sign they actually watched the show. 😊🙃

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

My predictions are all over the place for this category. I’m still betting on ATJ and TQG to win in Actress, Series and Directing, and IMDY to win in Writing. But I’m thinking Bettany takes Actor and Nicholson/Peters take Supporting. Yet won’t it be weird that MoE wins 2 acting awards and neither are for Winslet and WandaVision’s only win above the line is Actor (who has the least talked about performance of the 3 nominated) after its overperformance in nominations (3 Writing slots?!?!)?

I thought about wolfali’s comment on Actor going to the baitiest role and McGregor could take it (he’s second for me), but can WandaVision really get no wins ATL after it did so well? Then maybe its only win will be Hahn (over Nicholson), but then Peters being the only win for MoE when he’s also the weakest of the nominated performers is also really weird.

Then maybe Essiedu wins, but can he win without Coel also winning? And if he does, MoE will also have no ATL wins, which would ALSO be really weird. Then maybe ATJ is losing to Coel or Winslet, or Olsen is winning along with Hahn and Bettany, or Erivo wins and I wake up from the Matrix

Ugh, what a mess

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit
    Kate Winslet (almost changing back to ATJ)
    Ewan McGregor (no world for this category, he is the lesser evil and he’s winning)
    Kathryn Hahn
    Supp Actor is where I’m lost right now, i can see a path for anyone.
    I May Destroy You
    The Queen’s Gambit

I feel okay with my predictions apart from that Supp Actor mess, maybe i should put Diggs because I underestimated Hamilton once already.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Ewan McGregor (no world for this category, he is the lesser evil and he’s winning)

If he loses this year, I can see him pulling a Hahn with the Obi-Wan show next year.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Call me crazy, but I have ATJ now in 3rd with no plans of changing it. Coel in 2nd and Winslet in 1st.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.