Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 494 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I May Destroy You should be a lock for writing.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I mean, I think its the closest to a lock there is in the limited categories. When there was all the discussion a few days back of IMDY being series-competitive, I was going to bring up that it has at least one above the line Emmy secured more than any of the other nominees.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t really consider anything to be a lock in these limited categories (if you asked a month ago I might have said Kathryn Hahn but if Mare wins series then I think Nicholson will too) but the thing with I May Destroy You is that it feels like the exact type of show that the writers branch has liked to deviate from the series winner to award in the past. It checks all the boxes just like Succession and Black Mirror did.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

We can be quite sure of 2 things:
    -IMDY in Writing
    -Mare in Casting

Everything else is CHAOS

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol nothing is locked to win casting of all categories.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Nothing is locked in the limited categories.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

When Cynthia Erivo does a Regina King in Seven Seconds and wins due to the lack of a frontrunner…

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

When Cynthia Erivo does a Regina King in Seven Seconds and wins due to the lack of a frontrunner…

not sure how serious you’re being, but while Erivo is liked by the television academy, she’s not beloved like Regina King is.

FYC: The Underground Railroad, Barry Jenkins, The Crown, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily In Paris(for chaos’s sake)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Director’s Branch should be wise and slam dunk it to The Queen’s Gambit.
    Despite the stunning direction of other shows,The Queen’s Gambit should win (no doubt). Just like IMDY should win Writing (no doubt).

Yeah, The Queen’s Gambit has the best direction of the nominees.
    Quite beautifully shot.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Yeah, The Queen’s Gambit has the best direction of the nominees.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It does hun.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Cynthia Erivo does a Regina King in Seven Seconds and wins due to the lack of a frontrunner…

When WandaVision pulls a Godless 💀💀💀

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

not sure how serious you’re being, but while Erivo is liked by the television academy, she’s not beloved like Regina King is.

I think he’s joking, but i wouldn’t count that situation out, i am overthinking and I’m never predicting, but there are 4 shows who did very well and have tons of passion, and then there’s Genius alone, ready to finish the line while the others battle each other.

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

I think he’s joking, but i wouldn’t count that situation out, i am overthinking and I’m never predicting, but there are 4 shows who did very well and have tons of passion, and then there’s Genius alone, ready to finish the line while the others battle each other.

FYC: The Underground Railroad, Barry Jenkins, The Crown, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily In Paris(for chaos’s sake)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m on drugs that Walter gave me, wbk

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.