Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 494 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

is any of the actresses in the limited category campaigning?

I think no one in any category is heavily campaigning yet, i did see Gillian Anderson here and MJ Rodriguez there, but as far as I’m remembering that’s it
    Next month things will change tho

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

I think no one in any category is heavily campaigning yet, i did see Gillian Anderson here and MJ Rodriguez there, but as far as I’m remembering that’s it Next month things will change tho

tnx! i ve only saw gilly as you mentioned.

and i thought it was just Anya that did no campaign at all. she kinda have disappeared from the public eye lately…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

and i thought it was just Anya that did no campaign at all. she kinda have disappeared from the public eye lately…

She’s really busy right now, I doubt she will campaign, and I think her show is strong enough to survive that. Same goes for Kate.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Let’s be honest – Anya has definitely campaigned 💀 maybe she won’t be as present in the months most commonly associated with Emmy campaigning (August and September), but she’s done a massive amount leading up to this point. And not just things like SNL, but with platforms dedicated to interviewing Emmy contenders like the ‘Awards Chatter’ podcast, THR Roundtable and Variety ‘Actors on Actors’. All she has left is the August edition US Vogue cover.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

yeah Anya was very much around lol

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Let’s be honest – Anya has definitely campaigned 💀 maybe she won’t be as present in the months most commonly associated with Emmy campaigning (August and September), but she’s done a massive amount leading up to this point. And not just things like SNL, but with platforms dedicated to interviewing Emmy contenders like the ‘Awards Chatter’ podcast.

She did The Hollywood Reporter one (i think?) with Cynthia, Olsen, MJ, etc
    She wasn’t everywhere like Olsen and Erivo but she did her fair share of appearances on nomination phase.

Right now idk, she reacted to her nod like 1 day after, she must be busy.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

And also where is the perception that Coel is campaigning coming from? I haven’t seen her actively interviewing with the major publications at all. Most of her press is for the Black Panther 2 role which naturally received wide coverage, and for her BAFTA sweep of course. She did a Variety profile back in May, but only because she was one of the honourees for their ‘2021 Power of Women’ series.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I had multiple recent Kate Winslet interviews in my recommendations on youtube lately. She’s campaigning.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

She did The Hollywood Reporter one (i think?) with Cynthia, Olsen, MJ, etc She wasn’t everywhere like Olsen and Erivo but she did her fair share of appearances on nomination phase. Right now idk, she reacted to her nod like 1 day after, she must be busy.

she reacted to her nod 3 days after actually. She had her free time and she did some reshoots for the Northman the previous week I think. She ll start her new projects in august. She was nowhere to be found. Guess she was enjoying her free time having some vacations 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The devil works hard but Kate Winslet and Anya Taylor-Joy’s publicists work harder.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly I don’t know if anyone feels this way I didn’t think I’d say this but I’m bored of these limited races which is somewhat ironic considering how a category like actress is looking like a four way race. Maybe it’s because my excitement for these shows are gone? I saw pretty much all of them as soon as they aired (I did binge WandaVision after it finished its run but it was still a while back)? I’m more excited to see what happens in categories like drama supporting actor and drama actress now (which could of course be influenced by the fact that I am currently catching up on The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 and Pose season 3 is finally coming on here next week so I’ll binge it when it drops).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s boring, there’s nothing to talk about.
    I was even trying to create a debate about something but i couldn’t so i just posted a gif lol.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Honestly I don’t know if anyone feels this way I didn’t think I’d say this but I’m bored of these limited races which is somewhat ironic considering how a category like actress is looking like a four way race. Maybe it’s because my excitement for these shows are gone? I saw pretty much all of them as soon as they aired (I did binge WandaVision after it finished its run but it was still a while back)? I’m more excited to see what happens in categories like drama supporting actor and drama actress now (which could of course be influenced by the fact that I am currently catching up on The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 and Pose season 3 is finally coming on here next week so I’ll binge it when it drops).

I don’t remember the last time I was excited about supporting drama actor, maybe 2014? This year we have just three contenders with competitive performances. Drama categories this year zzzz (excluding lead actress)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, the limited series field had the potential to be really interesting, but then they decided to shower Hamilton with seven acting nominations. We could have had inspired nominees, like Ethan Hawke, without the aforenamed noms, but nope. Also, the races are all so open that they’re simply too hard to predict at this point. No one is going 7/7 here with their predictions.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.