Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 494 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The way my favourite performances in the category either missed or were ineligible 💀

1. Hawke
    2. Tennant
    3. Law
    4. Rahim
    5. Bettany (Uncle Frank)

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Hawke snub is truly baffling. Not only is he years ahead of everyone in that category but his performance is by far one of this years best. He really did THAT!!! We do not accept this robbery.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way my favourite performances in the category either missed or were ineligible 💀 1. Hawke 2. Tennant 3. Law 4. Rahim 5. Bettany (Uncle Frank)

I still can’t believe Tennant missed at BAFTA for what was not only one of the strongest performances on television last year but Tennant’s career best turn (the fact he doesn’t even have a single major award nomination is beyond stupid but that’s a discussion for another time). I hope Rahim doesn’t end up having the same fate next year.

I honestly feel no passion for the academy’s actor lineup. The only one who I’d actually nominate is McGregor but even then I don’t feel as passionate about him as I do with either Hugh Jackman or Paul Mescal or even Jeremy Irons last year. Paul Bettany was also ok in WandaVision but the less said about Grant, LMM and Odom-Jr. the better.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

The way my favourite performances in the category either missed or were ineligible 💀 1. Hawke 2. Tennant 3. Law 4. Rahim 5. Bettany (Uncle Frank)

Girl, I know. He was brilliant.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

My top 2 were snubbed, Hawke i never saw it coming, but Jude Law was easily never happening, which is a shame because he was strong as hell.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly with how weak the field ended up being, I’m confident that if Netflix had submitted Tahar Rahim he would have gotten in and replaced Hugh Grant. <i>The Serpent </i>ended up being a massive hit and he has a lot of buzz right now.

He also deserves (because his performance was terrifying and he’s so hot omg).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I just hate this lineup, i like Ewan McGregor but it’s not like WOW what a performance, Hugh Grant was razzies worthy, Bettany was OK but the focus isn’t even on him (although I do like his scene when he’s beating himself with philosophy), Hamilton duo are fine I guess, but this shouldn’t be competing here.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

At least Hawke got the TCA nomination.

He is in good company with Monica Potter, Rhea Seehorn (hopefully this one changes next year tho), Kaitlyn Dever, Meritt Wever etc.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m rewatching The Underground Railroad with a friend and boy oh boy, this series would be so much bigger with episodes 4-7 being reduced, so much unnecessary stretching.

Joel Edgerton is better than all 5 nominees on his category tho.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Honestly I think Hugh Grant is going to win this at the moment. But it will forever feel tainted with Ethan Hawke not nominated.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Hawke snub is truly baffling. Not only is he years ahead of everyone in that category but his performance is by far one of this years best. He really did THAT!!! We do not accept this robbery.

perfect example of why the current nominating system needs to end

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

perfect example of why the current nominating system needs to end

No thanks. The tape/jury system was absolutely abysmal with noms. So many iconic performances snubbed because the juries felt like snubbing frontrunners or popular shows/contenders.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Hawke missing CC was already a huge red flag he could be snubbed tbh.

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

No thanks. The tape/jury system was absolutely abysmal with noms. So many iconic performances snubbed because the juries felt like snubbing frontrunners or popular shows/contenders.

Hard agree. I’d rather have populist shows nominated like The Boys, The Mandalorian, and Bridgerton than the old system that used to turn their noses up to genre content.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Imagine disliking the system that give us Maslany and Malek winning drama lead in the same year.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.