Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 494 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Call me crazy, but I have ATJ now in 3rd with no plans of changing it. Coel in 2nd and Winslet in 1st.

Same.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Call me crazy, but I have ATJ now in 3rd with no plans of changing it. Coel in 2nd and Winslet in 1st.

You’re not crazy, I’m not convinced ATJ is winning. In fact, I’m inclined to say there’s a parallel universe where if she was competing in the winter awards against Kate Winslet, ATJ could have/would have lost. I don’t think Taylor-Joy is winning, especially if voters get the chance to watch Winslet and Coel’s performances in their entirety.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I have her at 4th spot since I feel like Olsen is stronger and buzzier than her. Everything else is pretty much the same although I must admit that I’m tempted to put Coel at number one. I have Mare winning, so I guess it should be Winslet at the moment.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I love and hate at the same time how I have no idea what will happen in any of these Limited Series categories.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I see two scenarios: one where IMDY only wins writing (not even considering it losing this), the other where it wins Series, Actress, Writing, and Supporting Actor. I feel like if Coel is individually loved enough to beat Kate and Anya, then the show has to be winning it all.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Since we know ATJ is booked for 1-2 years and Olsen has Dr.Strange 2 coming,it’ll be fun to see what is the outcome of the projects that Coel and Winslet do next, cause I’m dead sure offers would be flocking in for them at present.

Winslet will never want for opportunities and affords the ability to be selective. Coel is still a very specific black actress in an industry that likely will not know what to do with her. She’s had to make her own path with “IMDY” and “Chewing Gum.” The sky SHOULD be the limit for Coel regardless. An Emmy win (or wins) would certainly help her cause out.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I love and hate at the same time how I have no idea what will happen in any of these Limited Series categories.

It’s tough guessing these but I’m pretty sure we won’t get four white winners like most people are predicting. I hope either Coel and/or Essiedu are winning.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Slight detour but the show should be winning contemporary costumes design in a landslide for this episode.

Welcome to the Michaela Coel fan club methaddiction hehe!

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Slight detour but the show should be winning contemporary costumes design in a landslide for this episode. Welcome to the Michaela Coel fan club methaddiction hehe!

Who’s the frontrunner at that category?

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Who’s the frontrunner at that category?

“black-ish” is the most overdue for a win here, but they’ll probably never pick it to win. “Pose” is next-in-line that’s overdue, and it’s the last time it can be acknowledged. I think it’s the frontrunner.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I don’t think BAFTAs are a really great precursor to fall back now since Small Axe is gone and IMDY was not up against TQG,MoE, WandaVision,TUR. I’m definitely sure that Coel would have lost Directing to TQG and Actress to Winslet if all shows had aired completely and were eligible for BAFTA.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m definitely sure that Coel would have lost Directing to TQG and Actress to Winslet if all shows had aired completely and were eligible for BAFTA.

This is a stretch.

People need to stop conflating the BAFTAs both with ideas of “weak competition” and of them being a “be all and end all” precursor. Just because Coel faced shows that weren’t American, it doesn’t mean she won because of weak competition. Especially considering I May Destroy You was up against shows like The Crown and Normal People in some of these categories and Coel won under a tape system for a subdued performance against showy performances.

She probably would have still very easily won each of those BAFTAs (I guess maybe not directing) if the show was competing against The Queen’s Gambit and Mare of Easttown because the system in place there is reliant on passion, not visibility. This is why The Crown and I Hate Suzie (both heavily buzzed and acclaimed shows that had multiple nominations at the BAFTA) lost the drama series award to Save Me (which was its only nomination.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

People need to stop conflating the BAFTAs both with ideas of “weak competition” and of them being a “be all and end all” precursor. Just because Coel faced shows that weren’t American, it doesn’t mean she won because of weak competition.

She became an obvious win partly because of that. (Nothing to take away from her sensational work)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

She probably would have still very easily won each of those BAFTAs (I guess maybe not directing) if the show was competing against The Queen’s Gambit and Mare of Easttown because the system in place there is reliant on passion, not visibility. This is why The Crown and I Hate Suzie (both heavily buzzed and acclaimed shows that had multiple nominations at the BAFTA) lost the drama series award to Save Me (which was its only nomination.

That’s the point. BAFTAs are not a great precursor as they depend on Passion while Emmys no doubt depend on passion but a lot also depends on visibility.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Yeah but I don’t think anyone on here has said they are a precursor or are using them to predict Coel.

Ok 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.