Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 494 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s very bizzare that though Michaela Coel is in top 3 in this forum (and in my personal view) many external news sources don’t consider her a threat at all and are placing Olsen at 3. Moreover most articles are dictating it as a straight-up battle between ATJ and Kate Winslet.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

😂 Actress race confusing as nuts. Cynthia Erivo must be the happiest now. She must really be chilling now (no worries as she knows she has no chance is all the world to win..UNLESS she’s Marisa Tomei💀💀).

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

UNLESS she’s Marisa Tomei

Except Tomei was a good win

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have concluded that I am going to be very, very, very upset if Julianne Nicholson does not win supporting actress. How do you watch that finale and not vote for her? I really hope she pulls it off. She’s done so much amazing work on TV — most recently on The Outsider — so it’s time.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Julianne Nicholson absolutely needs to win.

FYC -
    • The Power of the Dog - All categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Jane Campion), Best Supporting Actress (Kirsten Dunst), Best Supporting Actor (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Best Cinematography (Ari Wegner)
    • Passing - Best Actress (Tessa Thompson), Best Supporting Actress (Ruth Negga)
    • The Lost Daughter in all categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Maggie Gyllenhaal), Best Actress (Olivia Colman), and Best Supporting Actress (Jessie Buckley)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I have concluded that I am going to be very, very, very upset if Julianne Nicholson does not win supporting actress. How do you watch that finale and not vote for her? I really hope she pulls it off. She’s done so much amazing work on TV — most recently on The Outsider — so it’s time.

Honestly I think she has a superb chance. Hahn was great but I don’t know how many voters would LOVE to vote a Marvel Witch Villain over a character that is relatable to a great extent (Nicholson).
    +
    The clip that’ll voters watch when they’re about to cast their votes in ballots is the CAR SCENE… Once a person has seen that, it’ll add to her advantage.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If Mare is so strong (top 2) to win Actress, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress then it HAS to win Casting, right?

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I agree with people who have said a Casting/Series split feels very possible this year. Unless TQG wins Casting in which case it’ll take Series and probably Actress as well.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

i won’t be mad if Nicholson wins it, but i will root for my favorite witch

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Not having seen Coel (I promise I will watch it tomorrow) or Erivo (probably never will), I honestly don’t know who I’d vote for in Actress. Olsen completely rose above Marvel writing to create one of the best portrayals of grief in modern TV/cinema all while keeping a great chemistry with Bettany and great comedic timing, ATJ gave a subtly powerful performance as a genius who seems lost and alone in life when not playing chess, and Winslet just casually gave her best performance ever in a show that probably didn’t ask for it and made Mare a true human being, not a prop piece to get the plot moving forward like many police show characters.

We really gotta apreciate a lineup like this, we don’t get one every day.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The clip that’ll voters watch when they’re about to cast their votes in ballots is the CAR SCENE… Once a person has seen that, it’ll add to her advantage.

It’s not even just the car scene but the scene in which she falls into Kate’s arms. That scene is spectacularly acted on every possible level and extremely heartbreaking. I feel like that scene is going to especially resonate with parents, specifically mothers.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Car scene that should be undeniable for a win now where have seen that before? The show starts with O.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Car scene that should be undeniable for a win now where have seen that before? The show starts with O.

You did not

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

Is this the place I go to complain about Amazon’s complete dumping of The Underground Railroad? They had the best quality limited series this season that should be winning series, director, and quite a have multiple acting nominations, and I hardly saw any promotion for it, plus the way they intend you to binge a show about a brutal subject matter, instead of piecing it out week by week. Uhhhh, just one of the best examples of visual storytelling on tv, and it’ll probably get nothing. First annapurna with Beale Street, now Amazon with this, it’s just a shame Barry Jenkins made a masterpiece and it got forgotten again.

FYC: The Underground Railroad, Barry Jenkins, The Crown, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily In Paris(for chaos’s sake)

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

You did not

Hoping for a different outcome this time

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.