Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 514 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
15 hours ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 13 is now open

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Responding to your post in the last thread Luca,
    Yes it is true. In these film festivals every other film seems to get a standing ovation of minutes at end these days which kind of takes away the speciality and the pride from films actually deserving the ovation.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Responding to your post in the last thread Luca, Yes it is true. In these film festivals every other film seems to get a standing ovation of minutes at end these days which kind of takes away the speciality and the pride from films actually deserving the ovation.

As a creative I strenuously disagree with this. For a filmmaker having your work screened at a festival is an honourable achievement in itself so really a standing ovation really acknowledges the effort put in to a film.  Just because a film might not be Parasite, it doesn’t mean the creative doesn’t deserve a round of applause when it’s difficult enough to put your project out there in the first place.

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

As a creative I strenuously disagree with this. For a filmmaker having your work screened at a festival is an honourable achievement in itself so really a standing ovation really acknowledges the effort put in to a film. Just because a film might not be Parasite, it doesn’t mean the creative doesn’t deserve a round of applause when it’s difficult enough to put your project out there in the first place.

Sure, but even you would agree that reporting how long the standing Os were is a bit… weird and silly, right? That’s what I was personally getting at.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sure, but even you would agree that reporting how long the standing Os were is a bit… weird and silly, right? That’s what I was personally getting at.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I might have missed a bit of the conversation from the previous thread.

Yeah I don’t get why there is such specificity on reporting how long a standing ovation is? I can understand some may want to gauge the reception in the room to a film but at the end of the day using that as a barometer (either for audience reaction, awards prognosticating or predicting some sort of critical response) is just a worthless use of time and honestly insulting to each of the creatives and their projects. It’s not like anyone broke some sort of world record of longest standing ovation at Venice.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Yeah I don’t get why there is such specificity on reporting how long a standing ovation is? I can understand some may want to gauge the reception in the room to a film but at the end of the day using that as a barometer (either for audience reaction, awards prognosticating or predicting some sort of critical response) is just a worthless use of time and honestly insulting to each of the creatives and their projects. It’s not like anyone broke some sort of world record of longest standing ovation at Venice.

Exactly. Agree with you 💯.
    This is what Luca and I were getting at.

Profile picture
    Brett Hunt
    Topics:

If I am right,Kate doesn’t have any project lined up for a year other than Avatar 2,right?

Coel has Black Panther,Olsen has Dr.Strange and a David Kelly project..Anya has Furiosa,The Menu, David O Russel project and etc.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

If I am right,Kate doesn’t have any project lined up for a year other than Avatar 2,right? Coel has Black Panther,Olsen has Dr.Strange and a David Kelly project..Anya has Furiosa,The Menu, David O Russel project and etc.

So…?

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

If I am right,Kate doesn’t have any project lined up for a year other than Avatar 2,right? Coel has Black Panther,Olsen has Dr.Strange and a David Kelly project..Anya has Furiosa,The Menu, David O Russel project and etc.

Mare season 2? Let the church say amen!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way she’s coming to do this all over again in 2023.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I really hope Kate takes this. Lately I’ve been a bit worried – I think people take her granted at this point and they don’t show the support for her superb efforts as they did  years ago. I think as Mare, she gave a stunningly complex turn that should be rewarded here. All the others were good as well, but not nearly as transcendent and moving.

My other wish is to see hard-working young actor, Evan Peters to take the podium as well.

I’m scared neither will happen, though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not even rooting for him but if Peters loses I’ll take a two month break lol. I will be astounded at this point if he doesn’t win.

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

My other wish is to see hard-working young actor, Evan Peters to take the podium as well. I’m scared neither will happen, though.

That would be my biggest disappointment of the night

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m scared neither will happen, though.

I will fall into a months-long depression if that happens.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.