Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca
  • Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

6.) I really really like The Queen’s Gambit as a show (I would have given it all the tech wins it got) but I’ve observed that the stans of TQG are very viscous and poisonous.

One person mocked IMDY saying it “a black lady drama show” and one said Mare of Easttown as “Mare of Floptown”. This is why The Queen’s Gambit recieves so much undue hate here, cause the supporters of that show are not respectful to other deserving shows (some  are obviously respectful but the vast majority are not)

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

7.) The Lead Actress race is still a 4-way race as we have no indication as to any acting category. The acting branch is one that is unpredictable. I even think Olsen can win. Coel can obviously win.  BUT UNDERSTANDABLY this has come down to ATJ vs Winslet. While TQG’s tech victories show that it has not faded, it’s not hard to see ATJ lose. I’ll predict her obviously but I don’t think Winslet or even Coel is out.

At the end it comes down to whose perfomance you liked the most. I personally liked TQG and IMDY more than Mare but I would have voted for Winslet. This tells that everyone will vote for their favourite. There are many that differ in their choice of show and actress (and many who do not). It’s still a wide open race and whatever the result is, we have to cherish the abundance of riches.

Frontrunner: Anya Taylor Joy

Could Win: Kate Winslet

Dark Horses: Michaela Coel, Elizabeth Olsen

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

8.)The Queen’s Gambit can either be Chernobyl/Stranger Things or it can be Watchmen.

It can either be a sweeper of techs like Chernobyl which won Directing and Series but lost acting races or it can be a sweeper of techs like Watchmen which won Acting races too.

In both cases,I do think The Queen’s Gambit is a pretty safe bet for series and Directing.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

6.) I really really like The Queen’s Gambit as a show (I would have given it all the tech wins it got) but I’ve observed that the stans of TQG are very viscous and poisonous. One person mocked IMDY saying it “a black lady drama show” and one said Mare of Easttown as “Mare of Floptown”. This is why The Queen’s Gambit recieves so much undue hate here, cause the supporters of that show are not respectful to other deserving shows (some are obviously respectful but the vast majority are not)

Pure BS. Go to social media, there are far more worst, especially the stans from Wandavision/Marvel.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

This is all the beans that I had wanted to spill. Thank you for taking the pain to read them.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

Pure BS. Go to social media, there are far more worst, especially the stans from Wandavision/Marvel.

I know but I didn’t tell about them cause this always happens with Marvel.  But on gold derby,the poison from their side has been less than The Queen’s Gambit side (but more than Mare Of Easttown and IMDY’s side).

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

I know but I didn’t tell about them cause this always happens with Marvel. But on gold derby,the poison from their side has been less than The Queen’s Gambit side (but more than Mare Of Easttown and IMDY’s side).

LOL No. Anya/TQG already getting hate in here and it’s not even Sunday yet.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

LOL No. Anya/TQG already getting hate in here and it’s not even Sunday yet.

That’s understandable. When people start calling IMDY as “black lady drama show” and Mare as “Mare of Floptown” , their fans will retaliate obviously. Believe me,I support TQG but I’ve watched everything impartially.

Even those who don’t approve of TQG winning actress/series have had a sense of dignity while criticising. Like Wolfali. Like Luca Giliberti. Like Methadiction. Like Manav. Like JV. Like Estrelas. Like Kat Ebbs. Like so many.  (sorry I had to name you all but it was necessary) They were respectful. That’s what we need here.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

(that’s all)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Even those who don’t approve of TQG winning actress/series have had a sense of dignity while criticising. Like Wolfali. Like Luca Giliberti. Like Methadiction. Like Manav. Like Kate Ebbs. Like so many.  (sorry I had to name you all but it was necessary) They were respectful. That’s what we need here.

Hah I don’t mind. I’d actually be more than happy with Anya winning, but I think it’s a really competitive race. That doesn’t make Anya bad. She’s excellent.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

That’s understandable. When people start calling IMDY as “black lady drama show” and Mare as “Mare of Floptown” , their fans will retaliate obviously. Believe me,I support TQG but I’ve watched everything impartially. Even those who don’t approve of TQG winning actress/series have had a sense of dignity while criticising. Like Wolfali. Like Luca Giliberti. Like Methadiction. Like Manav. Like JV. Like Estrelas. Like Kat Ebbs. Like so many. (sorry I had to name you all but it was necessary) They were respectful. That’s what we need here.

How do you know the one that said “black lady drama show” is a stan of The Queen’s Gambit?

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

although i root for Anya and TQG i never expected the casting emmy. Mainly cause we are literally talking about an one woman show. So, i was pretty sure that MoE was gonna win casting. That being said, i still don’t believe that the lead actress race is over. I thought it was gonna be between ATJ and Coel ( i still believe she will win writing, she definitely deserves that) but then Kate came and i thought it was a two race between ATJ and Kate. For me nothing in their category is locked. It would have been , if one of them wasn’t competing, now, there will be blood. And i would believed the same even if TQG had lost casting. What we’ve learned from the weekend’s awards is that there is still huge passion for TQG even though it is almost a year since it launched. And that says a lot about the show

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

4.) Who the fu** thinks Thomas Brodie Sangster is win competitive. That’s ridiculous. Half of us had to search out the cast list of TQG to recall who he played. Do you think he’ll win over Evan Peters or Daveed Diggs or even Paapa Essideu? No. No. No. TBS did so less.

Brodie Sangster has a multi-episode arc and is one of the most prominent characters on the show after Anya. His character has a clear impact on the story and on Beth so I don’t know why you’re presenting him as this irrelevant side character that no one paid any attention to. He isn’t a new name in the industry either. He can absolutely coattail to a win. Wouldn’t be the first time that has happened.

I still think it’s a two way race between Peters and Diggs with Ramos (due to In The Heights recognition) and Essideu (as he was sensational) as dark horses.

The only thing Ramos is a dark horse for is finishing in fifth instead of sixth. His association with In the Heights might’ve gotten him the nom but no way he is winning over his Tony nominated co-stars with more screentime and better performances.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Ok I’ve capitaulted but I am still dissenting in some areas:

Limited Series: The Queen’s Gambit

Actress: Kate Winslet

Actor: Paul Bettany

Supporting Actress: Kathryn Hahn

Supporting Actor: Daveed Diggs

Directing: TQG

Writing: I May Destroy You

A show like TQG doesn’t need acting prizes to win series, and they won’t let Mare go home empty handed. And I am hoping that the creative arts Emmy for IMDY indicates there is some interest in seeing it get up, plus it’s a show about a writer, written by a writer.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

My Predictions:

Series: The Queen’s Gambit
    Directing: Scott Frank,The Queen’s Gambit
    Actor: Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    Actress: Kate Winslet, Mare Of Easttown
    Supporting Actor: Evan Peters, Mare Of Easttown
    Supporting Actress: Kathryn Hahn, WandaVision (can easily go to Julianne)
    Writing: Michaela Coel, I May Destroy You

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.