Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 480 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca Giliberti
  • Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Them snubbing Donald Sutherland for three Hamilton actors made me decide to not predict Grant over Odom Jr. But you never know. I think this is between Odom Jr. and Bettany, but it’s such a difficult category to predict. .svg” class=”emoji”

When the sole actor nominee stat from Drama carries over to Limited Series this year (if Grant wins).

I’m sticking with Grant for actor cause none of the others make me feel any better either.

Wondering how hard I should go for TQG now though. Is it Chernobyl and wins no acting awards despite all the strength? If it is: Does it win writing or not?

I’ll probably switch to ATJ but I got a good feeling about TBS now. People thought he wasn’t gonna be nominated and now look where we’re at. And Supporting Actor doesn’t have a frontrunner so I’m tempted (especially after so stubbornly sticking to predicting his nomination). Either way I’m happy with any non-Hamilton winner in this category.

I still see no way Moses Ingram will win, Kathryn Hahn is right there. I’m pretty sure she’ll win since Agatha All Along got the music and lyrics award so there is love for that character.

Also I don’t agree with that anything “has to” win something, cause it simply doesn’t. Mare COULD only win Production Design. Would it be kinda weird because we love that show (most of us anyways)? Yes. Can it happen? Absolutely. I always think spreading the wealth is more fanfiction than reality and that way some really great beloved shows go home empty-handed but it happens basically every year and doesn’t diminish the show’s quality so whatever.

Worst Oscars ever.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

1. Kathryn Hahn – Just when she was starting to feel like a lock, Wandavision underperformed where it should have been strongest: the techs. What keeps me predicting her is that Original Song win which heavily indicates the buzz that surrounded her character does at least remain. If Nicholson wasn’t facing a scene-stealing Jean Smart, I’d would not be predicting Hahn.

—————————————-

2. Julianne Nicholson – We know they made it to the finale because everyone did. This is not a Sarah Paulson situation. Her buzz was big and, more importantly, the most recent of the nominees here. Needed Mare to be a bigger player though to remain properly competitive here. But who knows, maybe the actors will weigh in with a different view and she’ll surprise?

—————————————-

3. Moses Ingram – Kind of ditto Thomas Brodie Sangster.

4. Jean Smart – A true scene stealer and, as, sorry, someone who preferred her to Nicholson, I can see how the Mare love could focus on her if voters choose to consider the series as a whole. Unlikely given that she’s winning in Lead Comedy.

5. Renee Elise Goldsberry – Unlike for Diggs, this category is solid so she doesn’t have the benefit of only needing to overcome one contender. Shock potential in a Hamilton sweep scenario

—————————————-

6. Phillipa Soo – Should feel lucky to have been nominated for the Tony let alone this

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I so badly want to find a reason to switch to Nicholson. 😐

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

6. Jonathan Groff – Not winning but yay for a hot gay Emmy nominee.

Justice for Looking

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The win for song against the heavy hitters from Bo Burnham sealed the deal for me even if Wandavision tanked everywhere else. In fact, it kinda proves to me it wasn’t a name-check and people love that scene with Kathryn.

Julianne can still win ofc, I’m just not predicting it, how weird that Mare could end up being another Godless.

FYC:

"Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

I don’t think it says anything but if I m not mistaken it is the 1st time (since even from the noms predictions) that ATJ took the lead to editors. To be honest now I feel more stressed about her win than I was before TQG swept.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t think it says anything but if I m not mistaken it is the 1st time (since even from the noms predictions) that ATJ took the lead to editors. To be honest now I feel more stressed about her win than I was before TQG swept.

😂
    They really are bad

FYC:

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I’m sticking with Daveed Diggs. Clinging to his SAG nomination might be far-fetched, b/c what good did those do for Bill Camp & Ethan Hawke? But even on an unlimited ballot, voters didn’t have to give the “Hamilton” actors SEVEN nominations. All of that attention will manifest itself somewhere, I’m guessing, and in supporting actor limited where there’s no frontrunner now, Diggs is competitive FTW. He won’t vote-split with Ramos & Groff at all. There are still reasons to credit & discount Peters, Essiedu, & TBS. I feel like the paths for them winning are diminishing.

Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

Where I’m at with these categories is that The Queen’s Gambit completes its impressive and record breaking awards run with series and directing. Kate Winslet is the face of Mare of Easttown so I think she’ll still win along with Evan Peters. Kathryn Han solidifies herself as the character actress that takes supporting and I’m throwing my hands with the hot mess lead actor category with going for the big name in Hugh Grant. Ghanaian excellence Michaela Coel takes writing.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

how weird that Mare could end up being another Godless.

In what sense?

Profile picture
    iWantTheGold
    Topics:

Not sure you know what this is

You obviously don’t know what a good one is.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

You obviously don’t know what a good one is.

I was referring to the fact that you were calling Mare a procedural when these are pretty much founded on episodic storytelling. Mare, regardless of your thoughts on the quality, was told lineally.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The win for song against the heavy hitters from Bo Burnham sealed the deal for me even if Wandavision tanked everywhere else. In fact, it kinda proves to me it wasn’t a name-check and people love that scene with Kathryn. Julianne can still win ofc, I’m just not predicting it, how weird that Mare could end up being another Godless.

To be fair, Netflix submitted the worst song of the special. I think they’re saving the best ones (That Funny Feeling, Welcome to the Internet and All Eyes on Me) for the Grammys.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

One thing that’s worth mentioning about Ingram is that Hollywood has been practically casting her in everything since The Queen’s Gambit. She’s going to be in <i>The Tragedy of Macbeth</i> with Frances McDormand and Denzel Washington this year, Obi-Wan with Ewan McGregor next year and she’s been cast in a significant role in the upcoming Sony Whitney Houston biopic. IMO it signifies that people have their eyes on her in the industry and that can help her potential coattail with a win if the show is very strong. The fact she’s present at both the beginning and end of the show could also give her a boost.

That being said I do maintain that we’ll probably see a similar result to the competitive drama field last year or the comedy one the year before where The Queen’s Gambit takes some of the top prizes but loses both supporting categories to fan favourite performances in weaker shows (i.e. Peters and Hahn). The creative arts makes it quite clear it’s winning series. However the nominations hauls for I May Destroy YouMare of Easttown and WandaVision do suggest IMO that even though those shows are 99% likely losing to The Queen’s <i>Gambit </i>that enough voters have seen and liked those shows for it to win some individual categories (like the two supporting ones) where The Queen’s Gambit might be lacking in passion in.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

In what sense?

Won a single creative arts and then it won both supporting trophies with the leading lady losing it.
    Competition is for sure more heavy here but i guess it’s there

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 480 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.