September 13, 2021 at 10:15 am #1204457193
I think at this point there is no point arguing about lead actor, it will be who will be and who gets it right celebrate lol.
This is the most weird category of the night, should’ve been easy with Ethan but nooo
It's all about Ethan Hawke!September 13, 2021 at 10:15 am #1204457195
I have Hugh Grant in actor, but it does not feel right. 😐😐September 13, 2021 at 10:42 am #1204457296
I have Hugh Grant in actor, but it does not feel right.
Them snubbing Donald Sutherland for three Hamilton actors made me decide to not predict Grant over Odom Jr. But you never know.
I think this is between Odom Jr. and Bettany, but it’s such a difficult category to predict. .svg” class=”emoji”September 13, 2021 at 10:46 am #1204457303
Finally got around to watching Mare of Easttown… wow, what a mediocre piece of crap that was. Shocked at the acclaim/buzz it got/is getting. If Kate Winslet beats Anya Taylor-Joy or if that poorly written excuse for a police procedural beats the classic Queen’s Gambit, I will be genuinely upset.September 13, 2021 at 10:58 am #1204457385
Darlings nothing and no one compares to her:
"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.September 13, 2021 at 1:10 pm #1204457771
1. Evan Peters – In light of the creative arts, I have been bizarrely won round to the notion that this is Mare’s most likely win. This is strange in itself since Peters is such a replica of Skarsgard in how he wasn’t taking seriously as a winner by the majority until he was nominated. He benefits greatly from a weaker category. He could lose if voters find his performance too slight but I’d be surprised at this point.
2. Daveed Diggs – I am sceptical of Hamilton overall as a product of the visibility leaning nomination voting system. But he did get a SAG nod and if the show does have a bit of passion he only realistically needs to overcome one contender. He isn’t splitting votes.
3. Thomas Brodie Sangster – After the aforementioned creative arts performance by his show, it would be foolish of me to not at least consider him when we are in an era of sweeps. But given that I think voters have seen all of the shows in this category I don’t expect many to throw their bone to him regardless of how much they liked the show.
4. Paapa Essiedu – At one stage, I felt the upset potential but even more so than with Peters I think it would be staggering for him to win without Coel doing so. As such, since I think that remains just about a faint possibility, he still has a chance but it’s waning. Also, Coel has dominated his show’s narrative so much that I fear even voters who loved the programme will overlook him.
5. Anthony Ramos – Not winning but 5th because of In the Heights.
6. Jonathan Groff – Not winning but yay for a hot gay Emmy nominee.September 13, 2021 at 1:22 pm #1204457791
Them snubbing Donald Sutherland for three Hamilton actors made me decide to not predict Grant over Odom Jr. But you never know. I think this is between Odom Jr. and Bettany, but it’s such a difficult category to predict. .svg” class=”emoji”
When the sole actor nominee stat from Drama carries over to Limited Series this year (if Grant wins).
I’m sticking with Grant for actor cause none of the others make me feel any better either.
Wondering how hard I should go for TQG now though. Is it Chernobyl and wins no acting awards despite all the strength? If it is: Does it win writing or not?
I’ll probably switch to ATJ but I got a good feeling about TBS now. People thought he wasn’t gonna be nominated and now look where we’re at. And Supporting Actor doesn’t have a frontrunner so I’m tempted (especially after so stubbornly sticking to predicting his nomination). Either way I’m happy with any non-Hamilton winner in this category.
I still see no way Moses Ingram will win, Kathryn Hahn is right there. I’m pretty sure she’ll win since Agatha All Along got the music and lyrics award so there is love for that character.
Also I don’t agree with that anything “has to” win something, cause it simply doesn’t. Mare COULD only win Production Design. Would it be kinda weird because we love that show (most of us anyways)? Yes. Can it happen? Absolutely. I always think spreading the wealth is more fanfiction than reality and that way some really great beloved shows go home empty-handed but it happens basically every year and doesn’t diminish the show’s quality so whatever.
FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)September 13, 2021 at 1:25 pm #1204457801
1. Kathryn Hahn – Just when she was starting to feel like a lock, Wandavision underperformed where it should have been strongest: the techs. What keeps me predicting her is that Original Song win which heavily indicates the buzz that surrounded her character does at least remain. If Nicholson wasn’t facing a scene-stealing Jean Smart, I’d would not be predicting Hahn.
2. Julianne Nicholson – We know they made it to the finale because everyone did. This is not a Sarah Paulson situation. Her buzz was big and, more importantly, the most recent of the nominees here. Needed Mare to be a bigger player though to remain properly competitive here. But who knows, maybe the actors will weigh in with a different view and she’ll surprise?
3. Moses Ingram – Kind of ditto Thomas Brodie Sangster.
4. Jean Smart – A true scene stealer and, as, sorry, someone who preferred her to Nicholson, I can see how the Mare love could focus on her if voters choose to consider the series as a whole. Unlikely given that she’s winning in Lead Comedy.
5. Renee Elise Goldsberry – Unlike for Diggs, this category is solid so she doesn’t have the benefit of only needing to overcome one contender. Shock potential in a Hamilton sweep scenario
6. Phillipa Soo – Should feel lucky to have been nominated for the Tony let alone thisSeptember 13, 2021 at 1:50 pm #1204457826
I so badly want to find a reason to switch to Nicholson. 😐September 13, 2021 at 2:22 pm #1204457860
The win for song against the heavy hitters from Bo Burnham sealed the deal for me even if Wandavision tanked everywhere else. In fact, it kinda proves to me it wasn’t a name-check and people love that scene with Kathryn.
Julianne can still win ofc, I’m just not predicting it, how weird that Mare could end up being another Godless.
It's all about Ethan Hawke!September 13, 2021 at 2:22 pm #1204457862
I don’t think it says anything but if I m not mistaken it is the 1st time (since even from the noms predictions) that ATJ took the lead to editors. To be honest now I feel more stressed about her win than I was before TQG swept.Not now
The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.