Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I prepare for the worst – they snubbed him multiple times. Now, he was in an undeniable show, so he made the cut for the nomination, but will it be enough? Daveed Diggs seems like a choice they’d go for.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

As long as Winslet wins, I am honestly fine. She was the star.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I will fall into a months-long depression if that happens.

Why did I think of this gif as soon as you said that lmao?

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Why did I think of this gif as soon as you said that lmao?

That was me in the leadup to last year’s Emmys because I knew it was gonna happen. Ugh. Tragic.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

The way she’s coming to do this all over again in 2023.

We will be watching.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I prepare for the worst – they snubbed him multiple times. Now, he was in an undeniable show, so he made the cut for the nomination, but will it be enough? Daveed Diggs seems like a choice they’d go for.

I hope this will be his Sarah Paulson moment. Finally a W with the undeniable show. Ignoring the fact that Paulson was nominated four years in a row before finally winning

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson was undeniable though

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson was undeniable though

I’m not comparing them. I just want him to have the moment of reward after a long time of getting nothing for worthy work, at least nominations were deserved in the past.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

If I am right,Kate doesn’t have any project lined up for a year other than Avatar 2,right? Coel has Black Panther,Olsen has Dr.Strange and a David Kelly project..Anya has Furiosa,The Menu, David O Russel project and etc.

shes an Producer and Ex-Producer….shes not like in the past..jump from one film to another film easily as an actress….but for me her project in Lee Miler and Fake! look promising

Coel on the right track she plays with her own momentum ..as well as ATJ and Olsen…

Profile picture
    Brett Hunt
    Topics:

shes an Producer and Ex-Producer….shes not like in the past..jump from one film to another film easily as an actress….but for me her project in Lee Miler and Fake! look promising

Darling I just checked and both projects haven’t even announced their casts. Production and shooting won’t start anytime soon,so no Kate for 1.5 yrs atleast.

Profile picture
    Belber
    Topics:

Darling I just checked and both projects haven’t even announced their casts. Production and shooting won’t start anytime soon,so no Kate for 1.5 yrs atleast.

Kate have been attached to the Lee Miller project since 2015 at least ( it was Announced before Steve Jobs premiered !) Finally the shooting was scheduled to take place this spring ( Ellen Kuras I think mentionned it last year during a panel with cinematographers). I don’t know why it has been delayed  , since Kate announced she will not work for the rest of the year.
    But from what I understood it was very hard to fund. It may have to do with that , and needing more money to be able to do what they want. If the success of MOE helps it would be great, because i am beginning to doubt the movie will ever be done.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Why are you so obsessed with Kate’s career pre- and post-Mare of Easttown? You keep bringing it up here as though it will and/or should factor into this race.

Profile picture
    ivanrc04946310
    Topics:

Kate keeps mentioning in interviews that she’s calling people to work on the film for less money and everything, and sounds indeed like Lee is her next project. She also mentioned she’s developing another TV thing and received something last month which she said on a Variety interview that she’s “probably doing it because just the thought of if makes her sick and is also very exciting”. So we’re probably getting announcements on the next few months.

Profile picture
    Brett Hunt
    Topics:

Why are you so obsessed with Kate’s career pre- and post-Mare of Easttown? You keep bringing it up here as though it will and/or should factor into this race.

I’ve discussed not just Kate’s but also Anya’s and Coel’s (although not to this extent as their upcoming projects’ information is easily available). I was about to do for Olsen too.

I do this cause Narrative of a nominee is very important to drive them over the finish line. Performance is surely important but analysing a person’s post and pre career tells what exactly makes them potent. Narrative drove Rhys, Jherome, Moss, E.Levy, Chandler to victories (+their perfomances) although many like Oh have lost. In a competitive race like this, narrative and Passion may be what causes one to win.

🙂 I hope I’ve explained the reason of my intrigue and very sorry if it is offensive or unrelated. I didn’t mean it to be.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

thats the power of Ex-Prod. and Producer Job…making film can take about 3 years preparation (for good one)…some people watching IMDB focus on the actors only…they dont look at the “key” of this film like Exe. and Producer…it could be on their list project about 3 years or more…

Lee miler it self actually Kate just as an actress it almost got deal with production host later on the status changed and Kate as producer and tagged Ellen Kuras as director…you know the dynamic like this could happen on film project

being on highest level on film project is not that easy ….so many deal that you have to handle…not as player you just got the script from your agent you like it and do the audition if you lucky youre in.

if you follow Mare from behind you could see how perfectionist Kate on it as Ex-Producer …. its gonna happen also for her next project

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.