Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have to say that I’m so glad this season is coming to an end at least so Twitter can stop hyperbolically arguing over who is deserving in the actress race and who isn’t.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion but I’ve found it a bit disappointing how sometimes an actor’s “age” or career, the genre of the show they’re in or even “their looks” are used as reasons in the twitter sphere as to why they don’t deserve to win. Although Coel is my personal favourite this year I’ve found each of Olsen, Taylor-Joy and Winslet’s performances to be excellent (and of quite a range) and will be more than happy with whomever wins. This is one of the strongest fields in the category’s history IMO.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Caleb Landry Jones would’ve killed in this role. He makes the badass cowboy type so well.

I could see this but he’s just too creepy looking to me.

Profile picture
    Grace
    Topics:

I still think people are overestimating this Queen’s Gambit sweep. It is winning series, definitely, like I always predicted it would. Anya’s chances are as strong as ever, although Kate is still win competitive. It’s definitely winning directing. That’s it, I think. Aside from casting it didn’t win anything we weren’t expecting it to win. And there were people already predicting it winning casting without adding the Supporting Actor and possibly Supporting Actress wins as well.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The chemistry though… swoon. He could benefit from that chemistry as said earlier.

A fair point. It counts. You could argue Evan Peters got over the line for this versus all his previous roles because his chemistry with Winslet was delightful too.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have to say seeing this year’s supporting actress lineup it makes me disappointed that Marielle Heller and Weruche Opia’s excellent performances from shows otherwise nominated across the board at the Emmys (I am still saddened by a certain supporting thespian from a show shut out completely having been snubbed) couldn’t make it in. The former gave an acting masterclass eliciting lots of empathy in her characterisation as a character facing tragedy and had excellent chemistry with Anya Taylor-Joy and the latter’s performance was so detailed that it was almost as if she wasn’t acting at all but improvising when she was in the role of Terry.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I still think people are overestimating this Queen’s Gambit sweep. It is winning series, definitely, like I always predicted it would. Anya’s chances are as strong as ever, although Kate is still win competitive. It’s definitely winning directing. That’s it, I think. Aside from casting it didn’t win anything we weren’t expecting it to win. And there were people already predicting it winning casting without adding the Supporting Actor and Actress wins as well.

I have to disagree with this. TQG sweep at CA shouldn’t be overlooked. It won sound mixing over WANDAVISION. I certainly didn’t predict that. Also, with production design it had intense competition against The Crown. No one is saying Kate isn’t still in this race but I think the real issue is people started underestimating Anya’s chances when Kate joined in the race. Anya has already won over major performances at other guilds. She’s giving me serious PWB IT girl vibes. I think most people are just switching to her because the CA sweep proved that people love that show despite the lack of recency.

Profile picture
    Grace
    Topics:

I understand people switching to Anya. I don’t understand some of the other switches like Writing, Supporting Actor and some even putting Supporting Actress further up on their lists. I think those are stretches.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I understand people switching to Anya. I don’t understand some of the other switches like Writing, Supporting Actor and some even putting Supporting Actress further up on their lists. I think those are stretches.

The Queen’s Gambit was always being underestimated for writing. It has serious Chernobyl vibes.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Writing and Supporting Actress are huge stretches for TQG to win. Supporting Actor win for TBS not so much so since the field is so divided even if pundits rally behind Peters.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I still think people are overestimating this Queen’s Gambit sweep. It is winning series, definitely, like I always predicted it would. Anya’s chances are as strong as ever, although Kate is still win competitive. It’s definitely winning directing. That’s it, I think. Aside from casting it didn’t win anything we weren’t expecting it to win. And there were people already predicting it winning casting without adding the Supporting Actor and possibly Supporting Actress wins as well.

The thing is: everyone would’ve said Kate would be a lock even further had Mare won casting like most not some predicted. So how is it different with TQG? It shows how strong TQG still is and how it’s maintained the same energy it’s had throughout the entire television season (which is a sweep for the show and Anya).

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I actually have Mare of Easttown winning writing as a way for the show to not go empty handed and the writing in general is pretty fantastic.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Grace
    Topics:

The thing is: everyone would’ve said Kate would be a lock even further had Mare won casting like most not some predicted. So how is it different with TQG? It shows how strong TQG still is and how it’s maintained the same energy it’s had throughout the entire television season (which is a sweep for the show and Anya).

I wasn’t talking so much about Anya as I was about other wins people are now predicting. Anya winning makes a lot of sense. Some of the other wins people are mentioning, not as much in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Writing and Supporting Actress are huge stretches for TQG to win. Supporting Actor win for TBS not so much so since the field is so divided even if pundits rally behind Peters.

I really wouldn’t say TQG winning writing is a huge stretch at all given the industry’s love for Scott Frank and since the writers guild has already made it clear that they love the script. I just don’t buy Mare being a frontrunner in this. I loved Mare but TQG was a full-fledged experience. I definitely think it’s between TQG and IMDY.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I wasn’t talking so much about Anya as I was about other wins people are now predicting. Anya winning makes a lot of sense. Some of the other wins people are mentioning, not as much in my opinion.

I would say people are leaning towards TBS because his category is incredibly weak and he may coattail on this clear industry love for the show.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I am still saddened by a certain supporting thespian from a show shut out completely having been snubbed

Keeley Hawes

We demand Justice.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.