Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Topics:

I will fall into a months-long depression if that happens.

Not me having been depressed since the abysmal underperformance in noms and egregious snubs of the likes of The Underground Railroad, I May Destroy You, Small Axe and It’s a Sin 💀

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ok but why do we are supposed to care about these people next projects again?

Profile picture
    Kiara Yelich Rejas
    Topics:

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>yo tamen caere en depresion si anya taylor no gana esa niña sacrifico su salud para grabar gambito de dama</span></span>

Profile picture
    Kiara Yelich Rejas
    Topics:

That Usury Luca is very cool, if at once you are a super admirer, fans of Kate wisleit, Kate already has a career made up of years and an emmy, you must give new talents a chance like anya taylor joy, if I would like to, anya win gives her more chances that her career grows, instead kate already has a super done career

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am pretty sure ATJ will be just fine.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I am rooting for ATJ but that argument that Winslet shouldn’t win because of past/future projects really throws me off. If I want ATJ to win, I want her to win based solely on her performance and not because the voters aren’t willing to vote for someone else. To say that ATJ should win because her career needs it more than Winslet’s is an unnecessary way to undermine ATJ’s talent.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Just finished IMDY today – fantastic. If she doesn’t win for acting I hope Michaela can still walk away with the writing award.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point I don’t think I’m going to change my predictions before the ceremony. This season has just dragged on (although thankfully not as much as the last one) so much and the hype for each show seems to have died down quite a bit so I’ll keep the changes I made just before voting ended.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Meanwhile, I am having doubts about all my predictions in these categories. 😐

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m going to change A LOT

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING LIMITED SERIES

I think till now this website has given the most accurate picture of the positions.
    (Check all Categories)

Profile picture
    Wolvie13
    Topics:

ok, i want desperately Anya Taylor Joy to win in her category (i m even running a campaign 🙂 ), but honestly i can’t understand how is the nominees’ career up until this moment, or their future projects, relevant to the awards. Those awards are (or they should be) about those women performances in specific shows. Everything else is irrelevant

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

ok, i want desperately Anya Taylor Joy to win in her category, but honestly i can’t understand how is the nominees’ career up until this moment, or their future projects, relevant to the awards. Those awards are (or they should be) about those women performances in specific shows. Everything else is irrelevant

I think your principle is correct.
    Ideally voters should cast their vote solely on basis of their performances (“IDEALLY”).
    However,in practice that’s not the case. Voters are minutely aware of greater powers at play, like what the actor went through,what it means to them, what is their narrative etc.
    Like this year many voters could be swayed by the fact that Coel’s performance is kind of her reliving her trauma and Winslet’s performance being extremely close to her as she was the producer or her career renaissance. Erivo gave a concert for a few academy members. People really get swayed by interviews and campaigns and future prospects.

It is the combination of many such things that constitutes a narrative, something which causes voters to sway in the absence of a really strong distinguishing passion for any of the Nominees.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Finished Mare of Easttown and it was so good! Was I the only one who was heavily reminded of Broadchuch? Many similar elements.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

Darlings, Will the Queen’s Gambit really win all 4 of editing, casting, cinematograpy or sound mixing?

Why do I sense an upset in either of the 4? Can Mare Of Easttown/WandaVision take editing/casting/cinematography or sound mixing over the juggernaut Gambit?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.