Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think both Mare and IMDY would deserve to win writing. And again, I would not be able to choose because I think both are terrific though not perfect. I’m glad I am not an Emmy voter. Ditto for directing, where I would have a hard time choosing between Mare and The Underground Railroad.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Netflix sent Voters a Chess Set each to make them appreciate the Queen’s Gambit.
    What should HBO have sent to voters for Mare? A Gun?

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Netflix sent Voters a Chess Set each to make them appreciate the Queen’s Gambit. What should HBO have sent to voters for Mare? A Gun?

A chess board is nothing compared to how Amazon campaigns for Maisel.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

A chess board is nothing compared to how Amazon campaigns for Maisel.

The way they sent voters baked goods last year (although I love the show so much so I’m not complaining!)

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

The way they sent voters baked goods last year (although I love the show so much so I’m not complaining!)

They have an entire Maisel day.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Netflix sent Voters a Chess Set each to make them appreciate the Queen’s Gambit. What should HBO have sent to voters for Mare? A Gun?

Jean Smart will host a masterclass in Fruit Ninja.

Emmy FYC!!: Pen15, Mare of Easttown, The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale in all categories.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Had they done that lol, Mare would have been sweeping,even in the categories it’s not nominated.

Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

I really do need to go outside and touch some grass. Many of these categories are stressing me out! I have switched to Paul Bettany for lead actor. While Hugh Grant is the bigger name, Bettany is in the stronger series out of the nominees. With lead actress, I am most likely going to go back and forth on Kate Winslet and Anya Taylor-Joy. ATJ didn’t have a competitor like Winslet when she cleared the winter awards. Kate Winslet gets Hollywood ugly/Middle America average for Mare. And all that hooting and hollering for the show was similar to TQG. Maybe not globally bc of the Netflix of it all, but it was just as popular stateside.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

And everyone gets complimentary Cheese Whiz.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I really do need to go outside and touch some grass. Many of these categories are stressing me out! I have switched to Paul Bettany for lead actor. While Hugh Grant is the bigger name, Bettany is in the stronger series out of the nominees. With lead actress, I am most likely going to go back and forth on Kate Winslet and Anya Taylor-Joy. ATJ didn’t have a competitor like Winslet when she cleared the winter awards. Kate Winslet gets Hollywood ugly/Middle America average for Mare. And all that hooting and hollering for the show was similar to TQG. Maybe not globally bc of the Netflix of it all, but it was just as popular stateside.

I realize the Wandavision stans are about to eat me alive, but I actually preferred Grant’s performance over Bettany’s.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They have an entire Maisel day.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Mare’s storytelling is as basic as it gets. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t good. Still liked it more than most of the limited series this year.

is not about basic but human being….just like your daily life routine…thats the main point of MOE…is not like TQG beautiful girl everyday or super power community in Wanda Vison or delusional crazy girl in IMDY…..MOE is about life ….but one thing for sure that all the nomination here really got “the character” in it….theres nothing you could compare to each other

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

everything could happen…i believe the 16k Emmy Voters focus on Limited series…because this category alot of talk rather than the other

People got crazy just because Kate entering this Slot…. it could be different story if MOE and Kate never happened and TQG would swept all the Awards season

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

is not about basic but human being….just like your daily life routine

My daily life routine doesn’t involve looking for a murderer in my hometown.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

While Hugh Grant is the bigger name, Bettany is in the stronger series out of the nominees.

I agree with the rest of your post, but I don’t think this part matters completely. We did just see Ruffalo beat Irons.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.