Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
Luca
  • Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Not surprise at all that TQGB swept all creative art category

Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

Interesting that The Queen’s Gambit retained its throne with its technical sweep and that Miss Wanda underperformed.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I see some people jumping the gun with Lead Actress after the ceremony today but I don’t understand because I don’t see how what happened today changes much. TQG was always winning series, swept most of the guilds already and MOE isn’t as much of a tech heavy show as it. Plus like I said, Winslet’s passion is above the show itself anyway. Casting will be the biggest indicator tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

I see some people jumping the gun with Lead Actress after the ceremony today but I don’t understand because I don’t see how what happened today changes much. TQG was always winning series, swept most of the guilds already and MOE isn’t as much of a tech heavy show as it. Plus like I said, Winslet’s passion is above the show itself anyway. Casting will be the biggest indicator tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that.

The show that wins Casting is probably winning actress.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

The show that wins Casting is probably winning actress.

Not necessarily. The Queen’s Gambit losing casting is expected. They don’t have a strong ensemble than MOE or even Wandavision.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

Not necessarily. The Queen’s Gambit losing casting is expected. They don’t have a strong ensemble than MOE or even Wandavision.

The fact is that all the tech awards except Casting have no bearing to the Acting races. That means Anya Taylor-Joy is still no.2.  Casting will give us a good indication of acting races,cause people will most likely vote for the same show in Casting as well as Actress.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

We’ll know soon enough, but i think The Queen’s Gambit can take Casting too, just for the name-check of it like they did with Moses Ingram and TBS.

Profile picture
    K.Adams
    Topics:

We’ll know soon enough, but i think The Queen’s Gambit can take Casting too, just for the name-check of it like they did with Moses Ingram and TBS.

Yes that’s possible. It’s at present a two way race between Mare and TQG.

If TQG wins Casting,the race is over.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I would say the race is already over, but Mare can absolutely still take casting. Casting and series don’t always go hand in hand.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I would say the race is already over, but Mare can absolutely still take casting. Casting and series don’t always go hand in hand.

It’ll be a sad day for us when Kate loses 🙁 Kinda lost hope atp.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sure Kate’s fine.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Honestly,when I think for Kate to be removed from no.1,I wonder if Anya really is strong enough to defeat her. I can see both Olsen and Coel defeat Kate but for some reason I can’t visualise ATJ winning. Maybe it’s just my interpretation.

This comment of mine has aged really poorly.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Why are you sad? Winslet is still the frontrunner, right? According to the experts, heck even here. And she’s Kate Winslet. At the same time she doesn’t need another validation that she’s good. In short, she will be fine. Lol. While ATJ is still on the rise and not yet established.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Why are you sad? Winslet is still the frontrunner, right? According to the experts, heck even here. And she’s Kate Winslet. At the same time she doesn’t need another validation that she’s good. In short, she will be fine. Lol. While ATJ is still on the rise and not yet established.

I personally don’t think she ever was the frontrunner. ATJ won literally all the winter awards and her show (as just shown) retains enormous support. Obviously Mare also built lots of buzz, but the conviction that Winslet had taken over frontrunner status is largely a product of recency bias.

Which isn’t to say that she can’t win, she obviously can.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Also everyone treating ATJ as a big star in Venice, she is clearly above “not being established”. Might switch back to her ultimately. I wish we had TCA before Emmys but it seems unlikely.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.