Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 171 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 14.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Already so tired of this. Next season can’t come soon enough.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Ready to react like this sunday if my worst case scenario happens.

“best emmy ever!”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Already so tired of this. Next season can’t come soon enough.

I know right? It’s not as bad as last year (I felt fatigued as soon as the nominations were announced) but each of these limited series feel like they aired years ago (including Mare even though it just finished in May).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Ready to react like this sunday if my worst case scenario happens.

“best emmy ever!”

Spill, like when this happens:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fitting gif for a robbery.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I still want to believe that Julianne can walk away with the Emmy on Sunday. 😐

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

After every category where Mare doesn’t win:

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way I felt like Mare could potentially sweep 2 weeks ago and the creative arts ruined that in a day 💀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As long as she wins her deserved writing trophy I’ll be happy:

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Soviet chess champion sues Netflix over ‘sexist’ Queen’s Gambit

In the series finale, a character says: “Elizabeth Harmon’s not at all an important player by their standards. The only unusual thing about her, really, is her sex. And even that’s not unique in Russia. There’s Nona Gaprindashvili, but she’s the female world champion and has never faced men.”

Gaprindashvili, who is now 80 and lives in Tbilisi, Georgia, did face men. Dozens in fact. According to the lawsuit, she had faced 59 men, including 28 in one simultaneous match, as well as 10 grandmasters by the time the television series was set in 1968.

“They were trying to do this fictional character who was blazing the trail for other women, when in reality I had already blazed the trail and inspired generations,” Gaprindashvili said in an interview with the New York Times. “That’s the irony.”

The damages are sought for what the suit claims is a “devastating falsehood, undermining and degrading her accomplishments before an audience of many millions”.

The suit also noted that the film portrayed her as Russian, while she is Georgian and was born in Zugdidi, Georgia.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

As long as she wins her deserved writing trophy I’ll be happy:

I still cannot accept that she’s probably going home empty-handed…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I still cannot accept that she’s probably going home empty-handed…

Darling don’t accidentally manifest this into reality!

But yes if she goes home empty handed, the TV academy will be hearing from us.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Soviet chess champion sues Netflix over ‘sexist’ Queen’s Gambit

And there we have it 💀 the narrative of female empowerment in TQG always felt forced and basic (like many things in the show), and now it seems that they intentionally erased the feats of a real chess player in the process. Compare that with a woman’s introspective reflection on sexual assault based on her own experience for example ..

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.