Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 171 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Settled on Hugh Grant for Lead Actor. I also can’t see “WandaVision” with two acting prizes, and something about rewarding Paul Bettany without Elizabeth Olsen feels wrong to me. I’m not of the mind that rewarding anything from “Hamilton” is sacrilege or something to that effect, b/c it made the acting fields many times over and can win Emmys just like anything else. Here at least, I see Leslie Odom, Jr. and Lin-Manuel Miranda as splitting their respective votes. I think that “Halston” needed to be better for Ewan McGregor to win. Grant checks off many boxes as a respected comedy actor stretching himself in this new dramatic phase of his career, and I’m sure many admirers of his would say that he was robbed for “A Very English Scandal.” Even though “The Undoing” tanked with nominations, the limited series had significant cultural impact. Much of that was b/c of Grant, and the rest was Nicole Kidman’s fancy coats, but still. I care maybe 5% with this category’s result after ETHAN HAWKE was epically and wrongfully snubbed, but Grant feels the most likely recipient of a “career” or “veteran” vote. Supporting actor next!

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

So I’ve decided to predict Michaela Coel in this category because I cannot shake this feeling that she might surprise, even if it’s increasingly unlikely. I’m also predicting Mj Rodriguez, as well, over on the Drama side. I’m completely hopedicting and basing this off of intuition with no concrete explanation for these two. I simply just want them to happen. Pray for my scores.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The rage at the end 💀
    So me

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I’ve decided to predict Michaela Coel in this category because I cannot shake this feeling that she might surprise, even if it’s increasingly unlikely. I’m also predicting Mj Rodriguez, as well, over on the Drama side. I’m completely hopedicting and basing this off of intuition with no concrete explanation for these two. I simply just want them to happen. Pray for my scores.

I’m not predicting Michaela (I have her in third) but I hope you’re right.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Michaela has a lot of passion (as seen from the ballots).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Michaela has a lot of passion (as seen from the ballots).

Hasn’t there only been 2 of them?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

When you get it right and all of us get it wrong you have the permission to laugh

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I was watching the creative arts clips (they’re now on the TV Academy’s website) and I love how in the montage for the casting for a limited series nominees they just played a snippet of “Agatha All Along” because Paul and Elizabeth have been playing those characters for a decade lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I was watching some and thank God there are clips for this year
    No Oscar here

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Ewan McGregor won limited series actor, wouldn’t that poise him to take a few  of the upcoming winter awards? I can’t see that really happening with new competitors from the fall emerging. So I’m going with Hugh Grant whose losses were all to the current Emmy winner, Ruffalo.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If Ewan McGregor won limited series actor, wouldn’t that poise him to take a few of the upcoming winter awards? I can’t see that really happening with new competitors from the fall emerging. So I’m going with Hugh Grant whose losses were all to the current Emmy winner, Ruffalo.

I mean, he could easily be another Uzo Aduba for Mrs America (she didn’t make GG and SAG), she did win CC but i guess Ewan could get there too.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Perhaps this comment won’t age well (I hope lol) but nothing infuriates me more than reading all these pundits predictions that don’t have Queen’s Gambit winning series. I saw one just now that is even expecting Mare to sweep! Like it just proves that they basically just decide on a whim what to predict without bothering to do any research on the Emmys. Because anyone who knows anything has surely switched after seeing Gambit win 9 Emmys last weekend including casting. Sorry I know this is such a catty rant but it’s just so frustrating to see people actually being paid to half ass a job when I could name at least a dozen users on here who do it better and for free.

Just seen Clayton Davis is predicting Wandavision. Yup.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Ewan McGregor won limited series actor, wouldn’t that poise him to take a few  of the upcoming winter awards?

Regina King won the Emmy for Seven Seconds and lost to the next cycle eligible. Patricia Arquette and Amy Adams (CC tie hehe) at the winter awards. In fact she wasn’t even nominated at some of the winter awards…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I still don’t get why SAG hates Regina so much

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Hasn’t there only been 2 of them?

3 published in Awardsdaily and one in the Hollywood Reporter. Total 4.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.