Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 171 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I still don’t get why SAG hates Regina so much

Her snub for Watchmen, atrocious darling, i know it was in drama still, but it’s not like they couldn’t split HBC and Olivia or kick out Elisabeth Moss or Jodie Comer

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

or kick out Elisabeth Moss or Jodie Comer

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Sorry darling
    Regina in Watchmen out-everything Jodie did in Killing Eve.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I saw a few clips from The Creative Arts Emmys and Wow!! The quality of the show was so good.

The production design was nice,so cozy looking. It really looked like an appreciation of television. I liked the cheers and I hope the Main Ceremony is as good or better.

The Oscar producers should take notes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sorry darling Regina in Watchmen out-everything Jodie did in Killing Eve.

Darling Jodie was the best one in that SAG lineup!

You can kick out Olivia instead for Regina…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Darling Jodie was the best one in that lineup!

You can kick out Olivia instead for Regina…

Let’s agree to add a sixth slot and add Regina King, so everyone is happy

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

or kick out Elisabeth Moss

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I just realised that Kate Winslet in Mare of Easttown is similar to Elisabeth Moss in The Handmaid’s Tale Season 1.

-both shows are ensembles but it’s the lead who holds it together
    -lead is also the producer
    -most acclaimed supporting performers (Dowd and Nicholson) need series wins to individually win

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Elisabeth Moss wasn’t nominated against the star of The Queen’s Gambit though. 😐

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Elisabeth Moss wasn’t nominated against the star of The Queen’s Gambit though. 😐

True
    Another comparison,the main competitor of both shows won Casting and Editing. (The thing that differs is that Stranger Things lost series while The Queen’s Gambit is a lock to win series)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

She did win over Foy who was coming after a SAG/GG win, so it kinda makes sense.
    That said, The Crown S1 was no The Queen’s Gambit in terms of support

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I expect Anya Taylor-Joy to overtake Winslet in the Gold Derby combined odds before the ceremony. They’re both equal now.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am still with Kate but don’t know whether I will stick with her. I am very conflicted.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Let’s hope the acting clips remain for the entire show. They’re the first thing to go in an overlong show, and this is going to go long like all the others have.

For supporting actor, I decided on Diggs. Such a tough category, but a prediction has to be made! Probably clinging to his SAG nomination too much, b/c what good did that do for Bill Camp or Ethan Hawke? I think that making it in there over LMM and Odom, Jr. was significant. He also won’t split votes with Groff or Ramos, who are both lucky to be nominated. Since I’m not predicting Winslet anymore, I can’t bring myself to inexplicably predict Peters. Same for Essiedu without Coel. But TBS??? I see many are predicting him to coattail ATJ. Certainly possible, and I wouldn’t have thought that before the Creative Arts Emmys. I might shoot him up to runner-up slot over Peters, but to win for such a bizarre nomination, I don’t think I can get there. If I have to eat this one in my predictions tally, so be it.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.