Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 171 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

You may be right, but regardless of the result of the case, it adds credence to the view that many of the themes explored in the show felt manufactured and surface-level. Why not tell the story of Gaprindashvill if a woman succeeding in a male-dominated game is of interest? Even in a fictionalised narrative, they could’ve easily retained the female empowerment elements without erasing the work of real women. It’s winning Series though so clearly it’s an unpopular opinion, which I also understand. These issues of course stem from the book, but the show could’ve mitigated the issues in a more satisfactory way.

I agree they could’ve kept in her accomplishments or well just left her out of it at all, but you are acting like this is some uncommon occurrence of rewriting history and is more of a problem with the book writer than with Netflix/the show (unless the line is just new to the show then shame on them). And on the point of not telling a story about Gaprindashvill: well the book writer wanted to make an original fictional account of a woman in chess, and the show creators decided to adapt it. Not that hard tbh. Regardless, this is hardly libel especially since it’s a fictional story and she will most likely lose.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I just remembered why I left these boards.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

They actually brought her name up saying something that wasn’t true — that she has never faced men — and, in the end, she felt humiliated. Whether the lawsuit will succeed or not, it doesn’t look like oportunism or anything like it.

Exactly. Anyone with any sense of decency would empathise with this woman regardless of the legal merits of her case.

And let me be clear – I absolutely do not endorse any inflammatory comments regarding Anya either.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

People who are predicting Thomas or Paapa, I would like to hear your arguments for them. Right now I’m feeling one of them is going to upset Peters for the win.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Right? No wonder Reddit talks so much shit about these boards.

As if Reddit is not a cesspit of toxicity lmao

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

And let me be clear – I absolutely do not endorse any inflammatory comments regarding Anya either.

Me neither. I thought she was very good and the show was great. It was just a mistake that should be fixed. I’m sure no one would mind if the line was cut from the scene.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I actually think these boards are fine? On the movie boards there’s a lot of toxicity, granted. But on the TV ones, despite, from time to time, having some heated discussions, everyone actually is very respectful, at some degree.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

At this point, her face and her thirsty rich bitch nonsense just really annoy me.

Stay salty.

As for that lawsuit, TQG is not a biopic! If they tried to erase her accomplishment it’s for the sake of a show that is fiction! If they allowed this lawsuit, then every known personality/celebrity should sue NBC because of Saturday Night Live for mocking them every episode. Lol.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Reddit at least has decent moderators LOL

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Gabe you liking every comment because I didn’t invite you to our group chat? How cute. Peace out.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I actually think these boards are fine? On the movie boards there’s a lot of toxicity, granted. But on the TV ones, despite, from time to time, having some heated discussions, everyone actually is very respectful, at some degree.

I agree. The TV threads were pretty harmonious this year. There will always be heated debates and jokes (as there should be), but they’re nothing compared to those in the movie threads.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Reddit at least has decent moderators LOL

@Riley @Luca someone came for yall

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

At this point, her face and her thirsty rich bitch nonsense just really annoy me.

You really hate women, don’t you? I still remember all the racist coments you were making last year about Regina/Watchmen and now this.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

@Riley @Luca someone came for yall

I am not allowed to do much. Per usual, I can only advise people to report spam, as I do consistently myself. 🤷🏽 I have also said this many times. I cannot randomly delete comments (unless their my own) and accounts.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I am not allowed to do much. Per usual, I can only advise people to report spam, as I do consistently myself. 🤷🏽

These boards are known to be toxic all over the internet. They used to be fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.