Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 171 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Lead Actress in a Limited Series

https://64.media.tumblr.com/cec71c70f21c4cf8a326631ede33c664/802c21e517805c01-a2/s540x810/c001b9ad1f3c39e93acde23944304a6154c96e9b.gif

Vs

Michaela

Anya Taylor-Joy vs Michaela Coel

Bring it on!

When she wins…

When she takes it a WV three-peat acting sweep

EO

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

When she wins…

Then:

Winslet

Anya

Coel

Olsen

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When she takes it a WV three-peat acting sweep EO

I actually wouldn’t mind that (although Michaela is my hands down favourite in that category).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

These acting categories are giving me a giant headache. I don’t know where to trust my head and where to trust my gut.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Limited Series, Actress, and Directing. 12 in total, and 2 shy of the “John Adams” record. Can’t get there with the supporting categories, and like I said before, I’m sticking with Michaela Coel in writing until the bitter end. Still haven’t decided what to do with the 2 guys yet, but I’ll finalize things soon.

I think the thing that is gonna keep me predicting Taylor-Joy in Movie/Mini Actress are the GG and SAG wins. Granted, those wins did come before most of her competition’s projects even came out. It still shows a ton of support, though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think the thing that is gonna keep me predicting Taylor-Joy in Movie/Mini Actress are the GG and SAG wins. Granted, those wins did come before most of her competition’s projects even came out. It still shows a ton of support, though.

The Taylor-Joy SAG win is what is making me feel content with predicting her. It’s a significant sign of strength considering how they always tend to go out of their way to award beloved veterans and stars (Davis over Mulligan, Bateman over O’Connor, Rockwell over Jerome).

In fact since 2016 the only newcomers or lesser known thespians to have won in the individual television categories at SAG were:

– Claire Foy (2017)
    – Sterling K. Brown (2018)
    – Claire Foy (2018)
    – Rachel Brosnahan (2019)
    – Darren Criss (2019)
    – Phoebe Waller-Bridge (2020)

Rachel Brosnahan and Sterling K. Brown both had just won the Emmy for the preceding seasons of their shows (and the former lost at the Emmys to a performer in the series winner who would later sweep and the latter split votes). Claire Foy (2017) lost at the Emmys but like Brosnahan she lost to a performer whose show swept.

Vote-splitting isn’t an issue here so recent awards history would suggest that if Taylor-Joy loses it will be because of whomever wins’ show taking series (which seems quite unlikely to happen considering The Queen’s Gambit’s performance at the creative arts probably suggests it’s got the series win on lock). She may not have been up against Winslet or Olsen at SAG but she was still up against someone like Cate Blanchett who, whilst a weaker contender than say Winslet, made it in at every televised award for a critically acclaimed biopic performance and could theoretically have “pulled a Rockwell” at SAG.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

she was still up against someone like Cate Blanchett who, whilst a weaker contender than say Winslet, made it in at every televised award for a critically acclaimed biopic performance and could theoretically have “pulled a Rockwell” at SAG.

While I agree with all you said, I do think Anya Taylor-Joy was a lock for the SAG. The Queen’s Gambit was 100 times stronger than Mrs.America and it had a huge momentum (recency). The fact that Bill Camp got in showed that Anya is undefeatable there,even by a beloved veteran like Blanchett. Blanchett couldn’t have pulled off a Rockwell because she Anya Taylor-Joy was much stronger than Jharrel Jerome,was coming off a Golden Globe win and had a coattail nom in Camp (which WTSU didn’t have )
    So Anya Taylor-Joy basically was too strong then. I would have loved to see how she would have fared against another strong contender.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So Anya Taylor-Joy basically was too strong.

This is what I’m saying…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

This is what I’m saying…

Yes,I understood. 🙂 I just said that it would have been much more indicative of the Emmys had there been a strong contender then. Even Coel is stronger than she was then.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

THIS ACTOR RACE IS MAKING ME DIE, I CHANGED TO MCGREGOR BUT WHY
    And I’m screaming because this category makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I would feel more confident in my Bettany prediction if I also wasn’t predicting Hanh to win. 2 acting wins for Wandavision seems far too much. I’ll be thinking about my lead actor prediction up until Sunday afternoon💀

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m going with McGregor purely at this point because I expect every performance in this category to receive at least 20% of the vote and his performance is the one I think will have the most “recency” amongst Emmy voters. Not because of Halston‘s release date but I think part of why Ruffalo won last year (and King won in 2018) is because voters went to check their series out after nominations and that gave them a boost in split open races.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I just decided to switch to Grant right now since I don’t foresee WandaVision walking away with 2 acting Emmys. McGregor is my second most likely to win contender, but I don’t feel his buzz is quite as strong as it was for Hugh Grant last summer. Grant’s Emmy would be a veteran Emmy which I’m inclined to think actors would want to honor his career work for.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

I’m predicting Bettany & Nicholson. I really don’t understand why people are predicting Hahn as WandaVision’s only above-the-line win. That would be like giving Succession’s only above-the-line win to Cousin Greg.

I also have a spoilerrific reason for predicting Bettany. I’ll give you a hint:

A = Z, B = Y, C = X, D = W

Nzip Ifuuzol zohl dlm ozhg bvzi uli kozbrmt z wfzo ilov.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.