Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 171 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Girl what

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Girl what

It’s a flawed thought process I know but my gut keeps on telling me that the whole White Vision storyline / dual role thing gives him a slight advantage.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I also have a spoilerrific reason for predicting Bettany. I’ll give you a hint:

A = Z, B = Y, C = X, D = W

Nzip Ifuuzol zohl dlm ozhg bvzi uli kozbrmt z wfzo ilov.

And here is why this year needs to end.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s a flawed thought process I know but my gut keeps on telling me that the whole White Vision storyline / dual role thing gives him a slight advantage.

I actually meant the whole encrypted message thing lol

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I’m predicting Bettany & Nicholson. I really don’t understand why people are predicting Hahn as WandaVision’s only above-the-line win. That would be like giving Succession’s only above-the-line win to Cousin Greg.

Sir this is a Wendys.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Perhaps this comment won’t age well (I hope lol) but nothing infuriates me more than reading all these pundits predictions that don’t have Queen’s Gambit winning series. I saw one just now that is even expecting Mare to sweep! Like it just proves that they basically just decide on a whim what to predict without bothering to do any research on the Emmys. Because anyone who knows anything has surely switched after seeing Gambit win 9 Emmys last weekend including casting. Sorry I know this is such a catty rant but it’s just so frustrating to see people actually being paid to half ass a job when I could name at least a dozen users on here who do it better and for free.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

This site needs some sort of spoiler concealer. It would make things so much easier. Anyway…

I’m predicting a Fleabag vs Maisel situation this year. The Queen’s Gambit will take home the big prizes (limited series, director, actress) while Mare of Easttown wins both supporting actor categories (Peters & Nicholson)

The MoE supporting actors are in barring a full on TQG or Hamilton sweep.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

What a hall of fame!

2010: Claire Danes

Grandin

2011: Kate Winslet

Winslet

2012: Julianne Moore

Moore

2014: Jessica Lange

Lange

2015: Frances McDormand

Olive

2016: Sarah Paulson

Paulson

2017: Nicole Kidman

Kidman

2019: Michelle Williams

Fosse

2020: Regina King

Regina King

2021: Who? The lucky lady to enter this illustrious Hall of Fame.

I was reviewing this post, and Laura Linney’s win was so terrible wasn’t it?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Queen’s Gambit has at least one of the actress and writing awards on lock. Either Mare wins actress whilst Gambit takes writing or I May Destroy You wins writing whist Gambit wins actress (or of course it wins both).

After the creative arts it’s hard to see a show as strong as The Queen’s Gambit only win series with an above the line directing win.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m predicting Bettany & Nicholson. I really don’t understand why people are predicting Hahn as WandaVision’s only above-the-line win. That would be like giving Succession’s only above-the-line win to Cousin Greg. I also have a spoilerrific reason for predicting Bettany. I’ll give you a hint: A = Z, B = Y, C = X, D = W Nzip Ifuuzol zohl dlm ozhg bvzi uli kozbrmt z wfzo ilov.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m predicting Bettany & Nicholson. I really don’t understand why people are predicting Hahn as WandaVision’s only above-the-line win. That would be like giving Succession’s only above-the-line win to Cousin Greg.

Cousin Greg didn’t have a Billboard Chart Disney villain song.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Cousin Greg didn’t have a Billboard Chart Disney villain song.

Cousin Greg did in fact release a pandemic song, though…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

These comparations between Nicholas Braun and Kathryn Hahn makes no sense.
    Since Wandavision premiered, Kathryn was expected to make it (in fact, i think she was the frontrunner since the prediction center opened if I’m not wrong), while Braun was a surprise to most and never had a shot at winning.

She can lose, but it’s not because of the meme of it all, it’s because she has strong competition from Julianne Nicholson.

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

I also really can’t see Wandavision getting two acting wins. I know it has love but that seems a bit much to believe for me. While wolfali’s logic about why The Queen’s Gambit will win Actress or Writing in addition to Directing due to its major Creative Emmys haul is sound, I can’t bring myself to remove Winslet or I May Destroy You from their spots, it’s just a gut feeling.

Profile picture
    JULIAN2014
    Topics:

unrelated limited series question: Does anyone have a link to a livestream for tonight?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.