Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 171 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Going against all common sense and logic, I have switched back to Kate Winslet.

I am not able to shake of my gut feeling that she will win despite The Queen’s Gambit being the juggernaut that it is because her performance is just undeniable.

It’s the same gut feeling I had for both Anthony Hopkins and Frances McDormand at the Oscars, and I went against both. Also reminds me of the gut feeling I had for Uzo Aduba last year and Regina King in 2018 that made me predict them both and they won in major upsets.

Now watch The Queen’s Gambit sweep 🙂

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Please. I was just going to switch back to Anya. This race is driving me insane. I also just rewatched Mare of Easttown. Bad idea, because now I’ll be even more upset if Kate loses.

It’s the same gut feeling I had for both Anthony Hopkins and Frances McDormand at the Oscars, and I went against both. Also reminds me of the gut feeling I had for Uzo Aduba last year and Regina King in 2018 that made me predict them both and they won in major upsets.

That is why I feel like sticking with Julianne Nicholson in supp. actress. Call me crazy, but I cannot shake the feeling that actors are going to gravitate toward this performance more so than to Hahn’s.

Regardless, we’ll all be like this after we change our predictions:

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Now watch The Queen’s Gambit sweep

This is like the footnote to all of my Limited predictions as well haha

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

To be fair, I don’t think this is a illogical prediction even if it doesn’t happen.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

But are they really going to reward Queen’s Gambit the series and not its capital L lead? It’s like rewarding Watchmen but not Regina King. IDK. Then again, Kate is arguably undeniable. I hate this race.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Has a show ever lost Series after winning 3 of the main 4 acting awards?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Has a show ever lost Series after winning 3 acting awards?

Godless came close in 2018, but under the new voting system, no.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

But are they really going to reward Queen’s Gambit the series and not its capital L lead?

It’s an impossible question to answer because you could equally say are they going to reward Mare for acting (Peters or Nicholson) without recognising a career-best Kate Winslet? Right now my foolish gamble is that even the actors who loved TQG will have seen Mare and so go for Winslet anyway even if they’re voting for TQG in series

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think Anya would have taken GG, Winslet SAG and Michaela CC,if they were held now.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I think Anya would have taken GG, Winslet SAG and Michaela CC,if they were held now.

I think Winslet may have won GG actually, it’s the same people that made her win 2 Globes in one night and almost had her win an Oscar for Steve Jobs.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I still don’t understand the snubs for Camp and Heller for The Queen’s Gambit, BTW, especially considering voters felt more inclined to check off Hamilton actors in those two categories. And you cannot tell me it’s exclusively because they did not do anything on TQG. Heller gave a very acclaimed performance (and, tbh, my favorite on the show). I am not saying those misses mean all that much, but they’re still strange.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

As weird as those snubs are,I’ve also felt strange at how people have started predicting TBS and Ingram for wins, considering TQG did sensational at tech Awards but the acting branch is untested. I understand that the Queen’s Gambit has support but Predicting those who were nowhere close to being nominated?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Dockery was robbed

Godless

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I just can’t shake the feeling that MOE is a type of show that would appeal to the acting branch before anything else, which is why I was never committed in predicting it for series. And as much as I wanted it to happen, does MOE losing Editing, Cinematography, etc seriously mean actors can’t award the show?

Of course actors could love TQG just the same as some other branches, but yeah.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 14)’ is closed to new replies.