Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 512 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Is Joel Edgerton being submitted as lead or supporting?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is Joel Edgerton being submitted as lead or supporting?

Per Amazon, Lead

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Coel sounds like wishful thinking. While Coel has a great performance, Winslet does too plus has the star power and the well reviewed series behind her. Already ready for the cries and claims of racism if Winslet does end up prevailing.

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

Coel sounds like wishful thinking. While Coel has a great performance, Winslet does too plus has the star power and the well reviewed series behind her. Already ready for the cries and claims of racism if Winslet does end up prevailing.

At the moment, neither of them are the frontrunner; they’d both constitute an upset victor.

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

I’m actually still rooting for Coel over Winslet because I’ve never seen anything like what Coel brought to IMDY. But, nobody is going to cry about racism if Winslet wins. It’s a splendid performance that is fully deserving of a win.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Quick question in case anyone knows. Ryan Murphy and Tim Van Patten both have directing noms for drama, comedy and miniseries.

Does any other director also has noms in the 3 fields? And any writer?

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

who have the greatest opportunities for writing and directing?

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

This comment is bizarre. Coel isn’t the frontrunner in Lead Actress and I haven’t seen anyone positioning her that way, so Winslet winning over Taylor-Joy wouldn’t provoke any ‘cries and claims of racism’. Secondly, Coel is definitely developing star power of her own to some extent (for example she’s already a four-time BAFTA winner and will probably win another two next week), and her show was even more ‘well-reviewed’ than Mare of Easttown is.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think whether she wins the Emmy or not, Winslet is really looking towards a sweep of the Winter Awards (CC,SAG etc)…I just hope the Mare of Easttown finale successfully satisfies all…It’s a shame Coel didn’t receive atleast CC award(saying again,the G.Globes snub of Coel was outrageous) …

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Maybe not a sweep but I do think even if she loses the Emmy that Winslet is still a strong contender for SAG (à la Davis and Bateman this year/Rockwell last year).

Bateman has an better role… But, Globes and CC are underrated…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I agree that the media pre coverage of the Emmys this year, specially this field is way bigger than last year or i guess any other recent one.

I guess when you join it girl + excellent black shows + Marvel you hit jackpot

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57061121

The TFA push, the global. We love to see it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know Scott Frank won his WGA category for The Queen’s Gambit but I really find it difficult seeing the show win Writing. If the show wins series then Anya Taylor-Joy will easily win Actress because it’s a similar situation to Darren Criss and The Assassination of Gianni Versace, Regina King and Watchmen, Catherine O’Hara and Schitt’s Creek, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Fleabag, Rachel Brosnahan and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel etc. She IS her show and is arguably the reason for its popularity. It’s coat-tailing to her. So if she doesn’t win then the show won’t which would be somewhat surprising with how well it did at the winter awards.

But I feel like there’s no passion for its writing? Or as much as its direction and performances. In fact its writing is the element of the show that has sparked debate. She’s obviously no lock but with how much passion and individual buzz Michaela Coel has going for her (by next week she could very realistically be a 5 time BAFTA winner), I think I May Destroy You is coming to pull a San Junipero in this category (which would be somewhat ironic considering how the show that swept that year was a HBO one and Black Mirror is a Netflix one whilst the reverse is the case here lol).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

So if she doesn’t win then the show won’t which would be somewhat surprising with how well it did at the winter awards. 

Umm maybe.

If Kate upsets I think that would just because people really loved Mare and she’s the most easy thing to reward about that show, since its Writing and Direction are not as “sophisticated” as the others contenders here. TQG would still win in this scenario imo.

But if Michaela wins Actress + Writing, oh boy. Yeah, that would translate into an insane IMDY upset. That’s why I think she’s less likely to upset.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.