Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 512 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Current Writing Predictions:

1. I May Destroy You
    2. It’s a Sin
    3. The Queen’s Gambit
    4. Mare of Easttown
    5. Wanda Vision
    6. The Underground Railroad
    7. The Undoing
    8. The Comey Rule
    9. Uncle Frank
    10. Oslo

Which episode for WandaVision for writing?

Personally… Episode 6 the halloween episode… Was my favorite…

What think you?

Profile picture
    GnarlieStCloud
    Topics:

I know Scott Frank won his WGA category for The Queen’s Gambit but I really find it difficult seeing the show win Writing. If the show wins series then Anya Taylor-Joy will easily win Actress because it’s a similar situation to Darren Criss and The Assassination of Gianni Versace, Regina King and Watchmen, Catherine O’Hara and Schitt’s Creek, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Fleabag, Rachel Brosnahan and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel etc. She IS her show and is arguably the reason for its popularity. It’s coat-tailing to her. So if she doesn’t win then the show won’t which would be somewhat surprising with how well it did at the winter awards. But I feel like there’s no passion for its writing? Or as much as its direction and performances. In fact its writing is the element of the show that has sparked debate. She’s obviously no lock but with how much passion and individual buzz Michaela Coel has going for her (by next week she could very realistically be a 5 time BAFTA winner), I think I May Destroy You is coming to pull a San Junipero in this category (which would be somewhat ironic considering how the show that swept that year was a HBO one and Black Mirror is a Netflix one whilst the reverse is the case here lol).

Scott Frank has been nominated multiple times by the WGA,Oscar and Emmy since the mid 90’s.   He’s probably one of the most well regarded writers in Hollywood who has yet to win any major awars except Guild one’s. The “overdue” factor will help him,unless Gambit is upset in Series he ain’t losing here. Especially because many will treat Coel’s nomination itself as a win for her.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Especially because many will treat Coel’s nomination itself as a win for her.

You have a genuine point but I do think you may he undermining the passion for Coel and IMDY.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Especially because many will treat Coel’s nomination itself as a win for her.

In Writing? No they certainly will not 💀

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Shows to win Directing and Writing in the past 10 years:

Downton Abbey (PGA long form Adapted)
    Game Change (DGA + WGA + PGA winner)
    Olive Kitteridge (DGA + WGA winner)
    Chernobyl (DGA + WGA + PGA winner)

Show to lose Directing and/or Writing having won DGA + WGA and/or PGA

Big Little Lies (Season 1)

(Shows like Watchmen, The People vs O.J Simpson were eligible as Drama Series in these awards)

Behind the Candelabra won DGA + PGA and lost Writing to the second season of The Hour (which was nominated for the first season). WGA didn’t have a category for Limited Series back then.

It’s very possible for The Queen’s Gambit to win both too like other juggernaut shows did in the past, if the show steamrolls and the academy end up loving it. But in most of the cases they spread the wealth and I believe they will do that this year with I May Destroy You winning writing.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The reviews from Oslo are not that good, 57 on metacritic, maybe Sylvie’s Love will win after all.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The TV movie category is doomed with the stupid change of rules. A Small Axe episode would easily and deservedly win.

A remind that Bad Education was supposed to be an Oscar contender and freaking HBO Films bought it and released before the Academy extended the eligibility to streamings.

Now we’ll have to content with the likes of Dolly Parton’s Random Special Christimas and American Son with a incredible 46% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

They should just abolish the TV movie category at this point. Or at least combine it with Limited Series category like they did from 2011-2013.

FYC Emmys: Give Inside Everything!

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Which episode for WandaVision for writing?

Personally… Episode 6 the halloween episode… Was my favorite…

What think you?

I’m not sure if that’s the episode with the line “What is grief, if not love persevering?” but I have a feeling they’ll submit that episode.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

They should just abolish the TV movie category at this point. Or at least combine it with Limited Series category like they did from 2011-2013.

Tv movie’s shouldn’t be a thing in general.. they’re never that good.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I don’t think TV movies should be combined with Limited Series, but I do think something should be done about that category. My suggestion is for them to have a panel to decide the nominees in the basis of “Yes” and “No” votes. If a movie receives more than 50% “Yes”, then it gets nominated. So the category teorically could have none or all submissions nominated. This year I’d say only Sylvie’s Love and maaaaaybe Uncle Frank and Oslo would get nominated. How great would that be?

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

A remind that Bad Education was supposed to be an Oscar contender and freaking HBO Films bought it and released before the Academy extended the eligibility to streamings.

And? It won the TV Movie Emmy, which was much better than it would ever have done in the Oscar race.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m not sure if that’s the episode with the line “What is grief, if not love persevering?” but I have a feeling they’ll submit that episode.

Episode 8: “Previously On”

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

And? It won the TV Movie Emmy, which was much better than it would ever have done in the Oscar race.

I’m just saying that if HBO had decided to hold the movie for the Oscar race then that category would be even emptier.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.