Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 505 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Someone messed up somewhere because on Gold Derby right now I currently have a Teacher FYC add with Robinson saying Outstanding Lead Actor

I got those ads too and just assumed it was glitch.

What a mess 💀

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am still trying to figure out why Robinson, who plays the student, is in supporting. Lmao.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Frances McDormand style victory incoming.

If they present series after actress like they did at the BAFTAs or like they did with picture at the Oscars then the other girls better run lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why didn’t they just campaign it in drama the first time then, XD. Winslet would be a lock to win

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Is it only me or does everybody feel that Kate vs Anya debate starts after every 3 days even after calling it a truce on the previous debate.

It’s mostly because until the nominations morning when we see what series has the bigger support, we just don’t know which of them is ahead. Both TQG and MoE are massive, critically acclaimed hits, way more popular than any limited series not called WandaVision, and both kinda rely on its central actress (TQG more than MoE) who has also received immense acclaim individually

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Not me mistyping “bigger” as the n-word 

What I get for typing in the dark

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Why is Genius being so pushed? I think it might spoil because you can’t get away from this show if you are in these sites or forums.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Winslet might be ahead of Taylor-Joy, and Taylor-Joy would definitely be ahead of Corrin. Winslet is a bigger, more respected name with a far more acclaimed (and to my understanding, showier) performance in a show more recently in the public eye than Corrin’s. She’d easily win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Winslet might be ahead of Taylor-Joy, and Taylor-Joy would definitely be ahead of Corrin. Winslet is a bigger, more respected name with a far more acclaimed (and to my understanding, showier) performance in a show more recently in the public eye than Corrin’s. She’d easily win.

I don’t dispute Winslet could have won in drama but to say she would have been a lock to win is ridiculously premature when Corrin is playing Princess Diana and is competing in a category that, as of late, has almost always preferred a newcomer or rising star:

2020: Zendaya
    2019: Jodie Comer
    2018: Claire Foy
    2017: Elisabeth Moss*
    2016: Tatiana Maslany

*Moss was in the Drama Series winner.

Winslet is a bigger, more respected name

This isn’t a factor. The Emmys don’t award people based on how big a name they are are (see Laura Linney and Jennifer Aniston last year or Matthew McConaughey when he was up against Bryan Cranston). In fact on the drama side they tend to not take well to bigger names and film stars competing in lead when it comes to wins (i.e. McConughey, Spacey, Aniston – Kidman and Roberts were both snubbed).

(and to my understanding, showier) performance

Winslet gives an excellent performance but her turn is very much a subdued one IMO. Her performance is not showier than Corrin’s turn as Princess Diana.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If Winslet moved to drama she would easily win if she submitted “Illusions”.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Winslet gives an excellent performance but her turn is very much a subdued one IMO. Her performance is not showier than Corrin’s turn as Princess Diana.

Fair enough, but I’m pretty convinced that Anya Taylor-Joy would beat Corrin (and that The Queen’s Gambit would beat The Crown), and since I have Winslet ahead of Taylor-Joy, I think she’d be ahead of Corrin too. She just has the more acclaimed and buzzier performance right now.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Submissions don’t make a difference though lol.

Although “Fathers” and “Sacrament” are stronger tapes IMO.

Illusions > the other girls

I don’t make the rules hun

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

hopelesstar wrote:
    about slaves or black suffering

Anyone who reduces the show to this has either not watched it or didn’t get it. Literally everyone involved has talked about how, ultimately, this it not what the show is about. Ugh. And don’t get me wrong: I am not referring to you.

I have watched the first three episodes and they are exactly about that, nothing else. They are telling in great details how Black people lived in three different States: Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. Maybe in the end, there is a different subject that emerges, but in those three episodes there is no such theme.

And sorry, but anyone who still argues that this was not meant for weekly viewing is not able to think clearly and just enjoy binging himself. I could not watched those three episodes together, they are dense as hell and incredibly and unnecessarily long.

I found the show very self-indulgent, snobbish and even superficial. The three different stories/ scenarios that presents about slaves and black suffering in those three episodes have been done many times already and in a much more compelling way.

Acting wise, Aaron Pierre and Lilly Rabe are standouts, although, the role of Rabe have been done in that exact way literally more than a 200 times. Thuso Mbedu is not a very good actress (I know that is unpopular opinion), her telenovela’s background is very obvious, she exaggerates emotions and does not sound natural in dialogues at all (there are many Latin telenovelas that have natural acting, but maybe in South Africa the telenovelas, or at least the ones she acted in, are like the so calles telenovelas rosas in Latin America).

The character of Chase Dillon (Homer) is the most annoying and detestable character I have ever seen, I cannot stand him. I hope there is a redemption coming or at least an explanation/confirmation that he lacks emotional intelligence.

I know that episode 4 is weird and focused on Ridgeway and I cannot bring myself to watch it for more than 5 days, I even watched The Woman in the Window instead, that is how much I adore Adams, but she needs to change agent immediately. This should have been a weekly release and I will repeat that until the end of times.

It’s a Sin is far superior than TUR, Small Axe, WandaVision and The Queen’s Gambit. I found slightly better than Mare of Easttown as well. As good as I May Destroy You. But I May Destroy You did not end Kwame’s story in a satisfying way, while It’s Sin does not have a single flaw. It is a masterpiece and critics agree with me, it has the highest critic’s scores among all those shows. God, is has even the highest IDMB score among all those shows. And it is a show about LGBT and Black characters, so this is very impressive. It deserves Emmy glory and I will very upset if does not get it.

Finally:
    Small Axe >>> TUR

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

but I’m pretty convinced that Anya Taylor-Joy would beat Corrin (and that The Queen’s Gambit would beat The Crown),

This is actually why I have Taylor-Joy ahead of Winslet but the less said about that the better.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

GET REAL! Mare of Easttown is the best limited series of the year huns.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Movie/Limited Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.