Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Ballots Reactions

Emmys 2022 Ballots Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 264 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

Acrobat Professional makes PDFs copy and paste-able. There are also sites you can try to convert PDFs into word docs.

I think you misunderstand. Most of the entry PDFs, you can drag the mouse over the text, cut (Ctrl-C), and then paste (Ctrl-V) into a text editor. However, for some reason, the character voiceover one doesn’t let me do that; the text appears to be scrambled.

On another matter…what are some of these animation writers thinking? I noticed that Family Guy, The Great North, Bob’s Burgers, Housebroken, and Duncanville all had writers enter in the Comedy Series Writing category. (The Simpsons, presumably knowing better, did not.) Do they think they have a serious chance of getting a nomination? Remember that the writers of the episode a series enters in Animated Program win Emmys if the show wins in that category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Has anyone pointed out the description for Liam Neeson in guest actor for a comedy series:

all Atlanta episodes description this year are like this. You could see in the other ballots, if I remember well the premiere had “we waited so many year for this?”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

It’s 9:05PM. Do you know what shows made the writers shortlist? No? Get on the f’n stick, Academy and post the damn page!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

It’s 9:05PM. Do you know what shows made the writers shortlist? No? Get on the f’n stick, Academy and post the damn page!

Pardon me for asking, but what’s a “writers shortlist”?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Either I am totally stupid or I didn’t see choreography listed. Where would that be if you did see it lol

Nominations for choreography are juried, if I recall those come out later

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Don! 🙂

Today is the Emmys version of a BAFTA shortlist, a paring down (however slight) of contenders for the Emmys. It’s just frustrating that we know who and what are officially submitted, except for writing. From now until the 27th, voting gets going to see who makes it to nomination day 3 weeks or so from now.

Hope that explains it somewhat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

Either I am totally stupid or I didn’t see choreography listed. Where would that be if you did see it lol

Like kat_ebbs said, there is no ballot for choreography; there never has been. Choreography entries are screened by a panel (I assume it’s to make sure they actually view the routines), which then chooses the nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Just noticed that Padma Lakshmi submitted solo for the first time ever in Reality Host for “Top Chef.” That’s surprising. No Tom Colicchio or Gail Simmons for the hosting trio.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

Today is the Emmys version of a BAFTA shortlist, a paring down (however slight) of contenders for the Emmys. It’s just frustrating that we know who and what are officially submitted, except for writing. From now until the 27th, voting gets going to see who makes it to nomination day 3 weeks or so from now.

Hope that explains it somewhat.

I think so…but I was confused because the writing entries are available online:
    https://www.emmys.com/ballots/writing
    Is this what you mean?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

404 error, still.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

404 error, still.

Clear your browser cache and then try again, or maybe use a different browser. Something is converting the link to a specific PDF, and your computer may be pointing to the wrong file name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

They put Michael Mando in supporting instead of guest. You had ONE job AMC! Terrible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

This Is Us has terrible submissions… as usual

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Cache cleared, same result; the page you look for does not exist. Is there a mirror site with the writing submissions. I have no problem with any other category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Just saw this on the Writing ballot:

“Abbott Elementary

Pilot

While on Abbott’s annual zoo field trip, Tariq reveals that he has been offered a job in New York; Janine struggles with a big choice; Barbara starts questioning her future after finding out her favorite tuatara has been retired because of old age.”

If you’ve seen the show that synopsis is obviously for the finale, not sure what happened there. I assume their submission is definitely the pilot since that’s what was named though?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 264 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.