Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Ballots Reactions

Emmys 2022 Ballots Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    CoolSonic
    Topics:

Just saw this on the Writing ballot: “Abbott Elementary Pilot While on Abbott’s annual zoo field trip, Tariq reveals that he has been offered a job in New York; Janine struggles with a big choice; Barbara starts questioning her future after finding out her favorite tuatara has been retired because of old age.” If you’ve seen the show that synopsis is obviously for the finale, not sure what happened there. I assume their submission is definitely the pilot since that’s what was named though?

Yeah, I was confused too because that’s the description for the finale. But pretty sure it’s the Pilot that was submitted for writing. Simple error lol.

Emmy's FYC:

"Abbott Elementary" and "Only Murders in the Building" in all eligible categories (Comedy).
    "Maid" and "The White Lotus" in all eligible categories (Limited).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John-K
    Topics:

Laura San Giacomo is submitted in Guest Actress for Barry despite appearing in 4/8 episodes, thus making her ineligible. I doubt she’d even get in, but it would be a MacNicol/Scolari situation if she did.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stargazing
    Topics:

The site is glitching or something, every time I try to look for “The Train” in the writing category, it’s not there and some random other episodes from the show are showing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

Cache cleared, same result; the page you look for does not exist. Is there a mirror site with the writing submissions. I have no problem with any other category.

Click here – I copied the PDF to a different location

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

The site is glitching or something, every time I try to look for “The Train” in the writing category, it’s not there and some random other episodes from the show are showing

I’m not 100% sure about this, but I think there’s a rule that limits any writer (or writing team) to one episode for a particular series; Dan Fogelman wrote both “Us” (which is entered) and “The Train.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Yes, Dan Fogelman would have to choose between his solo submissions, and he didn’t have co-writers on the last two episodes of the season. The rest of the show’s submissions feature different writers. Really wish he had submitted “The Train” over “Us.” I think it’ll cost him a writing Emmy nomination in the end.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Thank you! I’m still having an issue with the site so this is very helpful.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Like kat_ebbs said, there is no ballot for choreography; there never has been. Choreography entries are screened by a panel (I assume it’s to make sure they actually view the routines), which then chooses the nominees.

Thank yu both for the info. I usually do not pay too much attention to that one but I am rooting hard for one routine from dwts this go around that I am praying it gets nominated. (jojo and jenna’s jazz)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

Thank yu both for the info. I usually do not pay too much attention to that one but I am rooting hard for one routine from dwts this go around that I am praying it gets nominated. (jojo and jenna’s jazz)

You mean the Pennywise routine?

Keep in mind that whoever did the choreography (I am assuming Jenna did it herself) can enter up to three of their routines from the series together as a single entry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

YAY! Thanks lots!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Just noticed Billy Howle is listed as playing “Dan Lafferty” (which is Sam Worthington) instead of “Allen Lafferty”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

“Yellowjackets” & “Yellowstone” practically begin the reverse ballot in Drama Series. Dun, dun, dunnnn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

You mean the Pennywise routine? Keep in mind that whoever did the choreography (I am assuming Jenna did it herself) can enter up to three of their routines from the series together as a single entry.

Ever since they competed I’ve been wondering what they’ll submit. I loooved their Foxtrot and their Jazz, but my favourite of theirs was their contemporary so I REALLY hope she submits that.

And yes, I believe Jenna did all the choreo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

This Is Us has terrible submissions… as usual

I agree and “The Train” should have been submitted.

This Is Us
    Don’t Let Me Keep You
    in 1986, Jack visits a small town in Ohio to attend his mother’s funeral. Grappling with grief and regret, he
    learns about the person his mother became after she left his father and faces the shared wounds of their
    traumatic past.

This Is Us
    The Hill
    Kate visits Toby

This Is Us
    Miguel

The life and death of Miguel Rivas from Puerto Rico to Pittsburgh. A story of assimilation, redemption, and
    finding peace in death.

This Is Us
    Us
    The Pearson family says goodbye

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Ever since they competed I’ve been wondering what they’ll submit. I loooved their Foxtrot and their Jazz, but my favourite of theirs was their contemporary so I REALLY hope she submits that. And yes, I believe Jenna did all the choreo.

she did. fun fact: one of the few pros historically that does it all herself even when its not her strongest style. She is like Derek and Daniella in that regard

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.