Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Ballots Reactions

Emmys 2022 Ballots Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
Manav
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

You mean the Pennywise routine? Keep in mind that whoever did the choreography (I am assuming Jenna did it herself) can enter up to three of their routines from the series together as a single entry.

that’s the routine 🙂 I already factored in that daniella and derek are in the conversation….do not get me wrong I love them but I think Jenna was on fire last season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Not sure if I’m the only one, but i would love to predict writing and directing on the prediction center.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

that’s the routine 🙂 I already factored in that daniella and derek are in the conversation….do not get me wrong I love them but I think Jenna was on fire last season.

Also remember that the choreography categories are juried awards, so it is possible for two or more of the choreographers in the same category to win Emmys, although the last time it happened was in 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Just for reference, what Netflix didn’t submit:

1.      Family Reunion (probably being submitted to new Children’s and Family Emmys)

2.      Heartstopper (confirmed as being submitted to new Children’s and Family Emmys, also fully BAFTA eligible)

3.      Sex Education (probably being submitted to International, also fully BAFTA eligible)

4.      Stay Close (? Fully BAFTA eligible, don’t think they tend to submit the Harlen Coben adaptations generally)

5.      Virgin River (has featured in Canadian Directors Guild before so probably being directed to their domestic awards).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know Sex Education stood no chance in the first place but it still feels weird that Netflix submitted some of its smaller international series (like Feel Good, which I’ll clarify that I absolutely love) but then didn’t submit one of its biggest audience and critical hits.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I know Sex Education stood no chance in the first place but it still feels weird that Netflix submitted some of its smaller international series (like Feel Good, which I’ll clarify that I absolutely love) but then did submit one of its biggest audience and critical hits.

I think it’s possible they’re making a really significant strategic play at the International Emmys. I can’t imagine they’re redirecting it to Family and Children’s, unless the intended audience is several years younger than I think. It’s far more akin to Euphoria than it is Heartstopper.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I know Sex Education stood no chance in the first place but it still feels weird that Netflix submitted some of its smaller international series (like Feel Good, which I’ll clarify that I absolutely love) but then did submit one of its biggest audience and critical hits.

They strangely decided not to submit it the year Ncuti Gatwa is the new Doctor Who and Gillian Anderson coming off a full sweep of American awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

And the same year Simone Ashley is leading their biggest English series

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I’ve always been upset at how Sex Education has never gotten the recognition it deserves tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.