Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Manav
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I started to really look at the Lead Actress category for a blog post and I don’t feel like anyone besides Jean Smart is an absolute lock to get nominated?

Like I could see scenarios where Cuoco, Brosnahan, Brunson or any of the other “frontrunners” miss.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

I know nobody is watching, but Made for Love season 2 is a big improvement. Milioti and Magnussen are fantastic, as in season 1, but this time there’s no boring storylines.

I haven’t had a chance to start the new season yet, but I’m glad to hear this. I thought Milioti, Magnussen, and especially Romano were all excellent in the first season.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think at this point we can consider Cuoco to be pretty safe. I don’t think TFA will go from last year’s across-the-board nomination haul (it was the only show besides Ted Lasso and Hacks to hit acting/writing/directing) to zilch above the line, and Cuoco is obviously the first one that will happen, especially with her rapturous reviews.

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I know nobody is watching, but Made for Love season 2 is a big improvement. Milioti and Magnussen are fantastic, as in season 1, but this time there’s no boring storylines.

The Saturn and CC “Super” awards better pull through for S2. What’s even the point of an awards show that honors sci-fi fantasy to completely oversee a show like this.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I haven’t had a chance to start the new season yet, but I’m glad to hear this. I thought Milioti, Magnussen, and especially Romano were all excellent in the first season.

I am six episodes in and it’s good but I don’t think it’s any better than season one yet. It’s definitely weirder which is fun.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

I am six episodes in and it’s good but I don’t think it’s any better than season one yet. It’s definitely weirder which is fun.

Weirder? That’s an accomplishment! Thanks for the teaser, I’m looking forward to checking it out soon.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Surprised Fanning is still so low in the prediction center. I don’t think she’s anywhere near a lock (she could be Alison Brie’d), but GG/CC/SAG/SAG Ensemble/TCA is an incredibly strong combo.

FYC: Pamela Adlon (Better Things) Rose Byrne (Physical) Danielle Deadwyler (Station Eleven) Elle Fanning (The Great) Luke Kirby (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) Hamish Linklater (Midnight Mass) Margaret Qualley (Maid) Renee Rapp (The Sex Lives of College Girls) Sophie Thatcher (Yellowjackets) Heléne Yorke (The Other Two)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

`I don’t think she’s THAT low. She’s in the TOP 8 and the only person ahead of her who shouldn’t be ahead of her is Selena Gomez. And if she gets in then who gets snubbed ? The current top 6 makes so much sense.

The thing is: The Great is probably filler, so I think Hoult (who is in a less competitive category) has more chance than Fanning. The Great could get a Series nom as a 7th, 8th spot (I’m having trouble with those) and still wouldn’t be surprised if she missed.

I dropped Russian Doll and slotted Cobra Kai… Probably a bad call.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Surprised Fanning is still so low in the prediction center. I don’t think she’s anywhere near a lock (she could be Alison Brie’d), but GG/CC/SAG/SAG Ensemble/TCA is an incredibly strong combo.

`I don’t think she’s THAT low. She’s in the TOP 8 and the only person ahead of her who shouldn’t be ahead of her is Selena Gomez. And if she gets in then who gets snubbed ? The current top 6 makes so much sense.

Agree with Fanning being stronger than the odds currently says she is. Smart missing is the only one that would absolutely shock me if they missed from the current top 6, right now I’m thinking maybe Brosnahan misses a la David / Moss / Odenkirk.

With Gomez being brought up, I do feel she’s oddly stronger here than any other awards body (thanks to the unlimited ballot. Not taking that LA Times “BuzzMeter” piece as gospel but it was interesting how Gomez (and Rae) appeared on nearly every critics list but never higher than #5.

I dropped Russian Doll and slotted Cobra Kai… Probably a bad call.

I actually think Cobra Kai is being slightly underestimated, it got a PGA nom in a field of 5 just a few months ago so it getting Series last year clearly wasn’t just a pandemic fluke.

Profile picture
    Kaye
    Topics:

I disagree about not having repeat winners.  Jean Smart is in a league all her own. I don’t see Cuoco catching her.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

With Gomez being brought up, I do feel she’s oddly stronger here than any other awards body (thanks to the unlimited ballot. Not taking that LA Times “BuzzMeter” piece as gospel but it was interesting how Gomez (and Rae) appeared on nearly every critics list but never higher than #5.

Yep. I always try and think about who is going to be the person who people pop in to their five or six picks.

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

Renaissance for AOTY

Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers for BRA

Succession for Best Drama Series

Everything Everywhere All At Once and Michelle Yeoh for Best Picture and Best Actress

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Stalter is a bit of a swing I’ll admit, but she was HYSTERICAL in the first two episodes of the new season, and it seems like the writers are making a solid effort to give her more material.

Suspecting Kaitlin Olson may end up in Guest for Hacks… not sure how I’d slot her in but if she drops down there she’s got a great shot at a nod. Will have to see what Cho’s material looks like.

Only one nod for Netflix feels VERY dangerous, and I’m sure I’ll either change that or regret it, but Curb Your Enthusiasm just feels like the constantly-underestimated perennial check, and PGA and WGA are kind of confirming that.

James is also starting to feel like the Carden/Offerman to Brunson’s Danson/Poehler, but I don’t want to predict an all-white category (and I really really want her to get in) so I’m keeping her for now…

TED LASSO (12) – Series, Sudeikis, Goldstein, Hunt, Mohammed, Temple, Waddingham, Richardson, Walter, Writing, Directing x2

BARRY (9) – Series, Hader, Carrigan, Winkler, Goldberg, TBA Guest Actor, Writing, Directing x2

HACKS (8) – Series, Smart, Einbinder, Stalter, Cho, Metcalf, Writing, Directing

ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING (6) – Series, Martin, Short, Lane, Lynch, Writing

ATLANTA (5) – Series, Glover, Henry, Writing, Directing

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (5) – Yang, McKinnon, Culkin, Forte, Sudeikis

ABBOTT ELEMENTARY (4) – Series, Brunson, James, Writing

THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL (4) – Series, Shalhoub, Borstein, Directing

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT (2) – Cuoco, Stone

BLACK-ISH (1) – Anderson

A BLACK LADY SKETCH SHOW (1) – Brunson

CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM (1) – Series

THE GREAT (1) – Fanning

INSECURE (1) – Rae

KEVIN CAN F**K HIMSELF (1) – Directing

RUSSIAN DOLL (1) – Lyonne

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS (1) – Writing

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Stalter is a bit of a swing I’ll admit, but she was HYSTERICAL in the first two episodes of the new season, and it seems like the writers are making a solid effort to give her more material. Suspecting Kaitlin Olson may end up in Guest for Hacks… not sure how I’d slot her in but if she drops down there she’s got a great shot at a nod. Will have to see what Cho’s material looks like. Only one nod for Netflix feels VERY dangerous, and I’m sure I’ll either change that or regret it, but Curb Your Enthusiasm just feels like the constantly-underestimated perennial check, and PGA and WGA are kind of confirming that. James is also starting to feel like the Carden/Offerman to Brunson’s Danson/Poehler, but I don’t want to predict an all-white category (and I really really want her to get in) so I’m keeping her for now… TED LASSO (12) – Series, Sudeikis, Goldstein, Hunt, Mohammed, Temple, Waddingham, Richardson, Walter, Writing, Directing x2 BARRY (9) – Series, Hader, Carrigan, Winkler, Goldberg, TBA Guest Actor, Writing, Directing x2 HACKS (8) – Series, Smart, Einbinder, Stalter, Cho, Metcalf, Writing, Directing ONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDING (6) – Series, Martin, Short, Lane, Lynch, Writing ATLANTA (5) – Series, Glover, Henry, Writing, Directing SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (5) – Yang, McKinnon, Culkin, Forte, Sudeikis ABBOTT ELEMENTARY (4) – Series, Brunson, James, Writing THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL (4) – Series, Shalhoub, Borstein, Directing THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT (2) – Cuoco, Stone BLACK-ISH (1) – Anderson A BLACK LADY SKETCH SHOW (1) – Brunson CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM (1) – Series THE GREAT (1) – Fanning INSECURE (1) – Rae KEVIN CAN F**K HIMSELF (1) – Directing RUSSIAN DOLL (1) – Lyonne WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS (1) – Writing

I don’t see any reason for Gillian Anderson not to get nominated in Guest, if Fanning gets in Actress. She’s going to be on the first page of half of the ballots, she’s highly respected and she just won an Emmy. She’s an easy name check.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.