Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Manav
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Did they release the Pete Davidson news first to cushion the impact of the Kate McKinnon news

As someone pointed out in this thread, alas, it is almost certainly because of SEO.

McKinnon needs to start dating a Kardashian, clearly

`image

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I think something that gets brought up a lot when dismissing critics awards is that critics aren’t voting in the Emmys. But I think it’s pretty naive to assume voters can’t be or even aren’t influenced by them in anyway.

Even our resident voter in writing comes to ask us every year what he needs to check out. I definitely believe there are other voters who seek out performances and shows the critics love too. Especially if there are critics they really trust. And the awards are a great aggregate for voters who don’t have time to watch everything.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Natasha Lyonne getting some buzz from SNL

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

The Academy loves SNL actors

Kate and Bryant are so easily getting in! I am on the fence about Pete, he is a very popular face but do Actors love him?

Profile picture
    leftyouthere
    Topics:

Pete had a really great season 46 and still couldn’t get nominated in the supporting category last year, so I don’t think he’ll get in this time. Leslie Jones did score a song nomination for her final season in 2019, so Pete could sneak in there with his Squid Game parody or the song he did with the Please Don’t Destroy guys.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Rami Malek episode has both the Squid Game and Malek/Davidson playing each other, if nominated I imagine that’ll likely be his submission.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Leslie Jones did score a song nomination for her final season in 2019

She actually was snubbed for her final season in 2019. She was nominated in 2017 and 18 though.

FYC:

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

She actually was snubbed for her final season in 2019. She was nominated in 2017 and 18 though.

Can’t you read? lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can’t you read? lol

Ah I misread “song” for “snag”. My bad!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Do you all think What We Do In The Shadows is getting in for Series this time around (plus 2+ writing nominations)? Last time it got 3 writing nominations.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Do you all think What We Do In The Shadows is getting in for Series this time around (plus 2+ writing nominations)? Last time it got 3 writing nominations.

I feel like it’s a much more crowded writing field but I am still predicting them for series and likely a writing nomination.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

I feel like it’s a much more crowded writing field but I am still predicting them for series and likely a writing nomination.

Comedy is so packed that I would be surprised if they get snub. The season feels so long ago and didn’t have the word of mouth it had previous season. The cult episode deserves nominations all around but fields are so crowded with big hype shows

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Comedy is so packed that I would be surprised if they get snub. The season feels so long ago and didn’t have the word of mouth it had previous season. The cult episode deserves nominations all around but fields are so crowded with big hype shows

I don’t necessarily disagree but its support in the writing wing alone makes me thing it will stick around for at least another year. They could even sneak in a surprise acting nomination. That or snub, neither would surprise me.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If it can sneak in it will be helped by the fact S4 is out on July 12.

If.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.