Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Manav
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

You can’t talk about Fleabag without mentioning PWB, but you could definitely talk about Atlanta or Abbott Elementary without mentioning Glover or Brunson.

This. Would I love a Sian Clifford spin-off? Yes. But it wouldn’t be Fleabag. But now let’s say Quinta Brunson’s Janine suddenly needs to leave the school… Abbott Elementary would still be a show without her and a pretty good one.

I love Quinta Brunson and I hope she gets her win sometime down the line, but I just don’t see it this time around especially against Jean Smart who did not lose any momentum so far.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Jean Smart is repeating and Hacks will be competitive for the win in series.

I could see Smart going on JLD run, tbh. She’s that beloved and the role is that juicy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kaley Cuoco in the “Drowning Women” episode of this season of The Flight Attendant

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Voyage
    Topics:

Excited to see who makes the comedy actress roundtable. When is it usually revealed?

Profile picture
    the wendell show
    Topics:

Jean Smart has 4 Emmy Comedy nominations and won all 4.  All of her losses are in drama.  She is beloved for her timing, range, nuance and characterization.  A loss by her would be an upset.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Jean Smart is repeating and Hacks will be competitive for the win in series.

I could see Smart going on JLD run, tbh. She’s that beloved and the role is that juicy.

💯 I loved Cuoco and Lancashire (both being my picks over Smart) but Smart is an easy repeat unless we have the acting branch suddenly dislike Hacks.

Let me repeat: Jean Smart in Actress is stronger than Hacks in Series. Hacks isn’t winning Series without a Jean Smart win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jean Smart has 4 Emmy Comedy nominations and won all 4. All of her losses are in drama. She is beloved for her timing, range, nuance and characterization. A loss by her would be an upset.

The way Winslet and Cuoco are enthusiastically applauding her in this gif gives me joy! It’s always nice to see actors actually caring about their peers with so much sincerity.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I was happy with Jean Smart winning last year but she absolutely needs to win this year huns

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I was happy with Jean Smart winning last year but she absolutely needs to win this year huns

Spill.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Shes pulling a Claire Foy, wbk.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let me repeat: Jean Smart in Actress is stronger than Hacks in Series. Hacks isn’t winning Series without a Jean Smart win.

Ooh could you repeat where you got your time machine from too? Would love to travel to whenever/wherever Covid has been eradicated.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Ooh could you repeat where you got your time machine from too? Would love to travel to whenever/wherever Covid has been eradicated.

The “people don’t get to have an opinion?” crew here aren’t always the most open about other people having opinions.

Fervent opinions are not insults and neither is the reaction to them. I just wish everyone was less of a hypocrite about it.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Moving through S2 of the Flight Attendant, and I hate to bring this up again, but it’s been really pronounced this season. Why is this in comedy? It’s not really funny at all. But it is pretty good and is a solid mystery/thriller, I just really think it’s out of place in comedy. Feel like if the character of Cassie was played by anyone else, it would be a drama.

Profile picture
    Nick Name
    Topics:

Why? Because the rules allow it to be in comedy and/or nobody cares about the rules.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Shes pulling a Claire Foy, wbk.

Hopefully so.

I think for Cuoco to stop the Jean Smart train:

(1) The Flight Attendant needs to retain atleast one Supporting nomination, just as an indication that the actors’ branch loves the acting on the show enough to nominate it for a supporting perfomance.

(2) The Flight Attendant, on the whole, needs to retain nominations in Directing and Casting, just as an indication that the Academy at large loves the show which might be (not necessarily) a symbol that there is love for the show.

(3) Hacks likely needs Carl Clemons Hopkins to miss (not a necessity but will likely narrow the gap between Smart and Cuoco).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.