Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Manav
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I have watched several minutes of The Flight Attendant and while I don’t think she is bad or anything saying she wipes the floor with Smart is completely absurd. Plus, the show is awful. That could just be a personal thing as I tend to dislike this breed of shows that think it’s amusing to revel in how vapid they are. It only works when the shows are really funny like Search Party was.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I don’t love the show, but Cuoco is sensational. For an acting award, she far outweighs.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I respectfully disagree. She’s just fine.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion.
    I do not like Natasha Lyonne’s performance in this season of The Russian Doll. Its not about her but really about the way her character speaks, its like they integrated stand up comedy bits into her dialogue and it feels artificial and somehow forced.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

As I suspected, Cobra Kai is moving to Q3

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

Hoping Zosia Mamet can sneak into supporting for this second season. Her comedic moments and deadpan delivery are some of the best of the show.

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

I love Smart and Hacks, but Cuoco blew my mind in episode 5 of TFA. If she did this on 5 and people say the real delivery comes on episode 6, I can’t wait to have a meltdown with her. My body is ready, Cuoco! I would be so happy if she got this emmy, even more because I wasn’t a big fan of her acting in TBBT and here she proved me wrong.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Kaley Cuoco does not deserve to win. You can’t place her next to Jean Smart as far as acting skills. There’s no comparison. Cuoco just doesn’t have the depth or experience that Jean Smart has. Glitzy apparel only goes so far.

Season 2 of Hacks hasn’t even premiered yet…

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

Precisely. And the tones of each show are so different I really don’t think the performances are all too comparable – so voters are likely to resonate with one or another without much cross over (assuming s2 of hacks is well received)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

‘Hacks’ Review: Season 2 Is a Searingly Funny, Self-Reflective Road Trip with Both Leads in Top Gear

‘Hacks’ Season 2 review: Jean Smart and Hannah Einbinder hit the road in excellent sophomore season

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

Can we just pick up on ‘both leads’ 👀

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Can we just pick up on ‘both leads’

Yes, but until the Television Academy do something about defining it better, it will continue to happen.

Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

I don’t dispute the lack of regulation over submittals. I’m just glad industry recognises the inadequacy too

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

It won’t happen but Brian Tyree Henry and Donald Glover could basically switch categories and I wouldn’t bat an eye. This season has had more of a focus on Al than Earn — or at the very least they have been equally prominent— and (in my opinion) Henry’s performance is easily overshadowing Glover by nature of what the characters have gotten to do so far this season. Not sure if it has anything to do with Glover’s involvement behind the scenes, and I can’t remember if it felt that way in season 2. There are two more episodes that could pull the focus back to Earn, and I’m confident both will get nominated anyway.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

My God, the performance by Kaley Cuoco in the latest episode of The Flight Attendant.She should be winning the Emmy by a landslide.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.