Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 315 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Manav
probablyROB
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

For future seasons:
    “Unprisoned, an eight-episode series from ABC Signature that stars Kerry Washington and Delroy Lindo, will streamed exclusively on Hulu in the U.S., Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other territories.

Inspired by the life of Tracy McMillan, Unprisoned is a half-hour about “a messy but perfectionist relationship therapist and single mom whose life is turned right-side-up when her dad gets out of prison and moves in with her and her teenage son.”

source: Deadline

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

All the actors in Pachinko, especially Yuh-Jung Youn and Minha Kim.
    Britt Lower for Severance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

EmmyMagazine

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I agree with everything in that article. It’s either a Smart repeat or someone new, like Brunson or Lancaashire. I’m trending towards the former because she’s also the creator. Cuoco’s performance is win worthy this season, but the show is still divisive.

For Julia I think Bebe Neuwirth is more likely than Hyde Pierce (if it gets a Supporting bom), because:
    1) Supporting Actress is way more open. In Supporting Actor you have 3 Barry guys, Ted Lasso guys, Tony Shalhoub, Kenan and Bowen and Tyree Henry who I think is the safest performer of Atlanta

2) Just like The Kominsky Method was more appealing to older male voters (I’m saying with zero proof) I think Julia will appeal to older female voters and Bebe plays a more friendly character to that demographic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I loved The Kominsky Method and I’m not old 😡

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I loved The Kominsky Method and I’m not old 😡

I’m a youngish guy, and I absolutely loved both Grace and Frankie and The Kominsky Method

EMMYS FYC

The White Lotus in all categories

Landscapers, Olivia Colman & David Thewlis

Ted Lasso in all Categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I really enjoyed the first season of Grace and Frankie too. Although, when I tried to watch season 2 I just wasn’t in the mood and never got back in the mood to keep up with it. But I remember really enjoying the first season a lot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

As I (finally) catch up on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, I’d argue that season has had some of Brosnahan’s best work on the show yet, but I can’t help but feel like she’s incredibly vulnerable to be snubbed for a performance with more passion.

Beyond Smart, Cuoco, and Brunson, I don’t think anyone in this category is safe.

FYC: PHYSICAL (Rose Byrne) THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS (Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp) YELLOWJACKETS (Samantha Hanratty, Christina Ricci) THE OTHER TWO (Drew Tarver, Helene Yorke) THE GREAT (Elle Fanning) BETTER THINGS (Pamela Adlon)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

As I (finally) catch up on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, I’d argue that season has had some of Brosnahan’s best work on the show yet, but I can’t help but feel like she’s incredibly vulnerable to be snubbed for a performance with more passion.

It’s weird because with all this great TV it’s almost like I keep forgetting that this was one of my favorite seasons of Maisel of the entire run. This season was too good to get snubbed and Brosnahan in particular would feel like a crime if she were to be snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m only 5/8 episodes through, but despite a few missteps in this season’s construction, I totally agree. Sure, it might not really be reinventing its formula, and I think it is about the right time for them to wrap all this up, but it’s still such a delightful show.

Lynch has been really really fantastic. I wouldn’t personally nominate her for OMITB, but I think it’s highly possible she gets two Guest nods this year.

I’m also already heartbroken about McClain’s inevitable second snub for this role. Shy’s scene in the bathroom with Midge was one of the best of the whole show so far. Really amazing character work delivered beautifully by both actors.

FYC: PHYSICAL (Rose Byrne) THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS (Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp) YELLOWJACKETS (Samantha Hanratty, Christina Ricci) THE OTHER TWO (Drew Tarver, Helene Yorke) THE GREAT (Elle Fanning) BETTER THINGS (Pamela Adlon)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

As I (finally) catch up on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, I’d argue that season has had some of Brosnahan’s best work on the show yet, but I can’t help but feel like she’s incredibly vulnerable to be snubbed for a performance with more passion. Beyond Smart, Cuoco, and Brunson, I don’t think anyone in this category is safe.

Been feeling this for a while. She’s giving me Moss for THT s3 vibes. Doesn’t help that Midge had barely any development this season and that for the first time, Susie became more interesting to follow than her, at least imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Brunson

I don’t think she is safe either

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Beyond Smart, Cuoco, and Brunson, I don’t think anyone in this category is safe.

Brosnahan is still a delight, but I feel like she didn’t get the material to really shine like she did in earlier seasons, i found myself more drowned to the Supporting Cast (specially Abe and Lenny, hell even Rose got her big moment in later episodes), so i am fine if she gets snubbed this time around.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

2) Just like The Kominsky Method was more appealing to older male voters (I’m saying with zero proof) I think Julia will appeal to older female voters and Bebe plays a more friendly character to that demographic.

This is the IMDB registered vote breakdown of all the winners vs some of the “older” shows

Those breakdowns would suggest Julia leans really old broadly (that % breakdown isn’t indicative of “actual” age breakdown, just viewer votes, 45+ voters don’t vote a lot, so the actual percentages are much higher) even compared to Grace and Frankie, Hacks, and The Kominsky Method.

Hacks and The Kominsky Method actually look like they have similar audiences.

`

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 315 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.