Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Current Predictions:
    (Pre longlist reveal)

Only as per likelihood to get nominated, not the win.

1.) SERIES
    Lock
    Ted Lasso
    Hacks
    Barry

Safe
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Only Murders In The Building

Might make in
    Abbott Elementary
    Atlanta
    Russian Doll

Could replace the above three
    The Flight Attendant
    The Great
    What We Do In The Shadows

2.)ACTOR
    Lock
    Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso
    Bill Hader, Barry

Safe
    Martin Short, Murders In The Building
    Steve Martin, Only Murders In The Building
    Donald Glover, Atlanta

Might make in
    Anthony Anderson, Black-ish

Could replace the above mentioned
    Nicholas Hoult, The Great

3.) ACTRESS
    Lock
    Jean Smart, Hacks

Safe
    Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Might make in
    Kaley Cuoco, The Flight Attendant
    Quinta Brunson, Abbott Elementary Sarah Lancashire, Julia
    Elle Fanning, The Great

Could replace the above four
    Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll
    Sandra Oh, The Chair
    Issa Rae, Insecure
    Tracee Ellis Ross, Black-ish

4.) SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Lock
    Brett Goldstein, Ted Lasso
    Henry Winkler, Barry
    Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Safe
    Anthony Carrigan, Barry (probably I guess)

Might make in
    Carl Clemons Hopkins, Hacks
    Kenan Thompson, Saturday Night Live
    Bowen Yang, Saturday Night Live
    David Hyde Pierce, Julia

Brendan Hunt, Ted Lasso
    Brian Tyree Henry, Atlanta
    Nick Mohammad, Ted Lasso
    Paul W. Downs, Hacks

5.) SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Lock
    Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso
    Hannah Einbinder, Hacks

Safe
    Juno Temple, Ted Lasso
    Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Sarah Goldberg, Barry
    Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live

Might make in
    Cecily Strong, Saturday Night Live
    Janelle James, Abbott Elementary

Aidy Bryant, Saturday Night Live
    Marin Hinkle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’ll add that I can see Abbott Elementary get big with the actors branch like it’s predecessor Modern Family and get Sheryl Lee Ralph and Tyler James Williams in along with Janelle James and Quinta Brunson.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

You have more confidence in Maisel than I do. I’m still predicting it and Brosnahan but if either missed as the kind of “we accidentally forgot about you” choice of the year I would not be surprised. The season is buzzless and these categories are competitive this year. The same goes for Atlanta and Glover except I am actually expecting the show to miss there.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

You have more confidence in Maisel than I do. I’m still predicting it and Brosnahan but if either missed as the kind of “we accidentally forgot about you” choice of the year I would not be surprised. The season is buzzless and these categories are competitive this year. The same goes for Atlanta and Glover except I am actually expecting the show to miss there.

So who do you have replacing Glover and Brosnahan?

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

I’ll add that I can see Abbott Elementary get big with the actors branch like it’s predecessor Modern Family and get Sheryl Lee Ralph and Tyler James Williams in along with Janelle James and Quinta Brunson.

i…don’t see how these shows are the same.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

So who do you have replacing Glover and Brosnahan?

Like I said, I still have Brosnahan and Glover. But I could see a situation where either misses.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

i…don’t see how these shows are the same.

ABC mockumentaries with strong ensembles that are one of the top breakout hits of the season?

Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

I certainly would put Sheryl in as a good possibility. Chris seems more like a future season 2 or 3 nominee when a show traditionally builds and explodes in nominations in subsequent seasons.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Like I said, I still have Brosnahan and Glover. But I could see a situation where either misses.

I do think Glover can miss. While I think the Elisabeth Moss comparisons are logical, I just don’t buy Rachel Brosnahan missing all of a sudden for a show that has been really strong with the actors’ branch so far (barring the Jane Lynch snub). The ballot is unlimited which also helps her since there’s a possibility voters would check her off even if they haven’t watched the latest season by virtue of loving her performance in the past ones. But all these same conditions did apply to Elisabeth Moss as well with the only difference being that Maisel has come out much closer to voting compared to THT

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I hope Donald Glover misses and Nicholas Hoult get in. Atlanta was excellent as always but Glover didn’t do much acting wise, while Hoult was phenomenal. They’re both my 6th and 7th right now.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I certainly would put Sheryl in as a good possibility. Chris seems more like a future season 2 or 3 nominee when a show traditionally builds and explodes in nominations in subsequent seasons.

How do I say this without sounding weird but I have a feeling the black cast of the show will be recognised before Chris Perfetti and Lisa Ann Walter unless they pull off a Modern Family and get literally everyone in (Quinta Brunson, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Tyler James Williams, Janelle James, Chris Perfetti and Lisa Ann Walter). With that being said, I believe Lisa Ann Walter has a stronger chance at a nomination than Chris Perfetti.

Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

How do I say this without sounding weird but I have a feeling the black cast of the show will be recognised before Chris Perfetti and Lisa Ann Walter unless they pull off a Modern Family and get literally everyone in (Quinta Brunson, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Tyler James Williams, Janelle James, Chris Perfetti and Lisa Ann Walter). With that being said, I believe Lisa Ann Walter has a stronger chance at a nomination than Chris Perfetti.

I totally accidentally called Tyler James Williams Chris above thinking of him being on Everybody Hates Chris. That said I would put both Tyler James Williams and Chris Perfetti in as later season nominees.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I hope Donald Glover misses and Nicholas Hoult get in. Atlanta was excellent as always but Glover didn’t do much acting wise, while Hoult was phenomenal. They’re both are my 6th and 7th right now.

I’ve only watched two eps of Atlanta this year (can’t watch everything) but is it possible they go there in series but not as heavily in acting, because of the structure? Would like some opinions as I can’t be terribly objective on that one.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I hope Donald Glover misses and Nicholas Hoult get in. Atlanta was excellent as always but Glover didn’t do much acting wise, while Hoult was phenomenal. They’re both are my 6th and 7th right now.

As someone who watched both, I completely agree. Hoult is an absolute joy to watch in The Great and he steals every scene. Big cruel-yet-radiant himbo energy. Glover doesn’t seem to care much for acting these days but I did enjoy this season of Atlanta even if it felt like it was beating me over the head.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

ABC mockumentaries with strong ensembles that are one of the top breakout hits of the season?

abbott did 11% higher than the average network show this season.

Modern Family, 34% higher than the average show of its S1. abbott would be closer to cleveland show or cougar town from that season.

the neighborhood +18%. kevin can wait +31%. speechless +27%. american housewife +17%. good place +11%. blackish +36%.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.