Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

How do I say this without sounding weird but I have a feeling the black cast of the show will be recognised before Chris Perfetti and Lisa Ann Walter unless they pull off a Modern Family and get literally everyone in (Quinta Brunson, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Tyler James Williams, Janelle James, Chris Perfetti and Lisa Ann Walter). With that being said, I believe Lisa Ann Walter has a stronger chance at a nomination than Chris Perfetti.

I actually think the opposite. Perfetti only has Williams to worry about, while Walter has both James and Ralph. Also, Perfetti’s material and performance are quite baity, not to mention, Supporting Actor is more open than Supporting Actress. I don’t really see Abbott Elementary getting 3 Supporting Actresses for its first season.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

You have more confidence in Maisel than I do. I’m still predicting it and Brosnahan but if either missed as the kind of “we accidentally forgot about you” choice of the year I would not be surprised. The season is buzzless and these categories are competitive this year. The same goes for Atlanta and Glover except I am actually expecting the show to miss there.

Atlanta isn’t buzzless, though. Divisive, sure. But not buzzless.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The black cast from Abbott obliterates the white one (and I love both Perfetti and Walter)

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I’ve only watched two eps of Atlanta this year (can’t watch everything) but is it possible they go there in series but not as heavily in acting, because of the structure? Would like some opinions as I can’t be terribly objective on that one.

BTH is most deserving of a nomination based purely on the material. He has two competitive tapes maybe even three. Zazie Beetz would be a lock in guest but she was only in like 3 episodes really. But she has some great material too. Lakieth Stanfield doesn’t really have a big showcase episode but was still great with the material given. Glover did the least of the four honestly. Although he’ll probably get in for Directing and writing which leads me to think he’ll also get the acting nomination regardless.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I am predicting both Glover & Hoult to get in. I think I dropped Cheadle and Anthony Anderson even though neither had missed before it seems. I am not convinced both Only Murders vets get in either. I don’t even think they’re terribly deserving if I’m being perfectly honest. But they are both such beloved legends that it feels like that will be more important for them than anything else. So I’m predicting both right now even if I don’t feel great about it. I’d rather Cheadle than Martin personally.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Melanie Lynskey about Sarah Goldberg in Barry Season 3:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think if Brosnahan does end up missing it would be interesting to see how well the other performers who’d get over her in this category’s shows do overall. The arguments for her pulling an Elisabeth Moss are compelling and even I as a massive fan of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel wouldn’t check her off this time round (even though I’d check off the show and Borstein, Kirby, Lynch and Shalhoub). That being said I have her in primarily because I still suspect that her’s and Maisel‘s visibility is stronger overall than a lot of her other competitors and their shows in this category.

Donald Glover at this point I have in purely because of industry respect and even then, it’s not like the same argument can’t be made for Anthony Anderson who arguably has a much more “urgent” narrative with this being his final season. I think Atlanta is probably going to get into series again because there does feel like a passionate enough base to carry it behind it but I’ve never really gotten the impression that it’s been much of an actors branch favourite to begin with an in a year like this I can see Glover pulling an Odenkirk/David.

Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

I’d like to see this comedy series lineup:

Abbott Elementary
    Atlanta
    Hacks
    Only Murders in the Building
    Reservation Dogs
    Ted Lasso

Not a weakling in the bunch.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I wonder if Reservation Dogs could spoil something, I’ve been seeing quite a campaign for it.
    I will be shocked if it misses writing.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

I feel like if Hacks is going to take series it has to or should get more than just 2 acting noms and it should get a supporting actor in (like last year). Other than Fleabag which was something of an anomaly I don’t think any other recent comedy series winner didn’t get 3 or more acting noms. But I also feel the top 8 in the prediction center are likely the 8 and no one can decide between Downs and Clemons-Hopkins.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I wonder if Reservation Dogs could spoil something, I’ve been seeing quite a campaign for it.
    I will be shocked if it misses writing.

I’d been keeping them along with WWDITS in my last two slots until just recently. But Abbott Elementary seems more and more inevitable and The Great feels like a natural jump after the second season. But id be thrilled if Reservation Dogs snuck in ahead of those three.

Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Better Abbott Elementary than Blackish. The latter’s decline has been pronounced over the past 3 years is stunning.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I feel like if Hacks is going to take series it has to or should get more than just 2 acting noms and it should get a supporting actor in (like last year). Other than Fleabag which was something of an anomaly I don’t think any other recent comedy series winner didn’t get 3 or more acting noms. But I also feel the top 8 in the prediction center are likely the 8 and no one can decide between Downs and Clemons-Hopkins.

I don’t think this season is really in contention. The reception to this season has not been terribly passionate or large. Personally, Hacks was like 5th or 6th on my rankings this year. I’d be fine with it winning but I just don’t think it read good enough to pull it out.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I am rooting for William Stanford Davis to get in for his role as the janitor on Abbott Elementary.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I wonder if Reservation Dogs could spoil something, I’ve been seeing quite a campaign for it. I will be shocked if it misses writing.

Even if Reservation Dogs misses, I think it’s a good one to keep in mind for S2. If Zahn McClarnon goes guest I’m going to predict him I think.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.