Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I am a little bit worried about Atlanta honestly. The response to this last season from people around me who do watch the show was honestly divisive (I think most people who didn’t love the season thought that while the anthology episodes were great, they missed the main crew and were let down that there was so little of them compared to what they expected, which I can agree with to a certain extent). But, I can’t tell if that opinion reflects the greater public reaction to this season in any way, and I honestly can’t even tell how much buzz this season had at all. Thoughts?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I am rooting for William Stanford Davis to get in for his role as the janitor on Abbott Elementary.

Is he eligible for Guest or will be competing in supporting?

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Is he eligible for Guest or will be competing in supporting?

Pretty sure he was almost in every episode, so Supporting.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Other than Fleabag which was something of an anomaly I don’t think any other recent comedy series winner didn’t get 3 or more acting noms.

But Fleabag did get 3 main acting noms (PWB, Colman and Clifford) while also getting two guest actresses. Your point still stands though, to win series these days the show must have 3+ acting noms.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Clemons-Hopkins was the biggest joke of last year, his nomination was embarrassing and cited as the main indicator of an extraordinarily weak field.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Skyler Lindquist
    Topics:

I’m guessing Goldstein is the category’s frontrunner (I don’t believe it’s Shalhoub)? Do you think Winkler’s win-competitive?

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I think Anthony Carrigan will end up winning just because I don’t think there is a true standout or frontrunner and Hank is the most beloved character in the show. When nominations come out my rankings will not reflect the Gold Derby odds. Carrigan and Bryan Tyree Henry will be #1 and #2 for me.

Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

But Fleabag did get 3 main acting noms (PWB, Colman and Clifford) while also getting two guest actresses. Your point still stands though, to win series these days the show must have 3+ acting noms.

Thank you for the correction. But yes I think this furthers my belief Hacks likely either will get another acting nom or 2 in somewhere or may not be as strong for the series win.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Wholeheartedly endorse Anthony Carrigan winning in recognition of season 1 and 2.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I’m guessing Goldstein is the category’s frontrunner (I don’t believe it’s Shalhoub)? Do you think Winkler’s win-competitive?

After the last episode I think so, Goldstein is the frontrunner and I believe he’ll win in the end but Winkler is a strong 2nd, the reviews made it seem like Carrigan had a massive season/arc and to me he didn’t, he was good (i liked him more during S2) but Winkler was better (I liked him more during the first seasons) . Hank has his own story but most of it happens without Barry, which I think help Winkler the most. The last episode makes Winkler the supporting actor of Barry.

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

Well, I’m pretty sure I’ll be very pissed on Emmy night… Ted Lasso doesn’t deserve to win so many acting awards again.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Winkler is the only male supporting actor from Barry with a realistic chance at a nomination who actually deserves the nomination. Carrigan was good but not nomination worthy, Root was okay while others that do deserve something are long longshots.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Carrigan and Root are deserving of noms imo just not the win

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Carrigan and Root are deserving of noms imo just not the win

I’m 7 episodes into s3 and Root has done nothing this season. Haven’t seen the finale, but from what I’ve heard, that sentiment probably won’t change for me. He definitely doesn’t deserve a nom.

Winkler definitely the supporting actor standout for me.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Winkler definitely the supporting actor standout for me.

Agreed.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.