Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just wondering- has any show recently repeated back to back in writing and directing? That seems tough to do.

Game of Thrones did it in 2015 and 2016. Although Mad Men was its main competitor in the former year in writing and it had two episodes nominated.

No comedy has ever repeated back to back in both writing and directing under this system and only two shows have ever actually repeated in either (Master of None in 2016 and 2017 and Transparent in 2015 and 2016).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Well Abbott Elementary did not exist last year.

And lol? I don’t see Abbott being a bigger Emmy favorite than Hacks. I think people are overestimating that one quite a bit. It’s one thing to get nominated but it’s a completely different thing to win.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

And lol? I don’t see Abbott being a bigger Emmy favorite than Hacks. I think people are overestimating that one quite a bit. It’s one thing to get nominated but it’s a completely different thing to win.

Finally someone said it

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I have a question – if Jean Smart gets nominated, will she be the first person to go three consecutive seasons as a nominee in different shows? (Watchmen-Mare-Hacks) (I know she got a Hacks nom last year).

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Game of Thrones did it in 2015 and 2016. Although Mad Men was its main competitor in the former year in writing and it had two episodes nominated.

It was a ranked ballot that year so I don’t think that would have been a problem.

And I agree Abbott can win writing for Brunson, even if it loses series honestly. I think Hacks is something that’s actually being overestimated a bit because some seem to think it’s locked for multiple ATL awards already, which couldn’t be farther from the truth imo.

Profile picture
    Stretchy
    Topics:

I have a question – if Jean Smart gets nominated, will she be the first person to go three consecutive seasons as a nominee in different shows? (Watchmen-Mare-Hacks) (I know she got a Hacks nom last year).

Connie Britton did it in ’11, ’12, ’13 for final season of Friday Night Lights, AHS season 1, then Nashville season 1. Lead actress drama-limited-drama.

Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

Hacks is something I feel that’s actually being overestimated somewhat because some seem to think it’s locked for multiple ATL awards already, which couldn’t be farther from the truth.

Wish I could like this!!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It’s undeniable that Hacks is a strong show but let’s not pretend it didn’t win writing and directing last year because Ted Lasso oversubmitted.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hacks is strong but lock is overkill.

Smart is, by far, the strongest.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

It’s undeniable that Hacks is a strong show but let’s not pretend it didn’t win writing and directing last year because Ted Lasso oversubmitted.

I mean, it followed up its Emmy wins with WGA and DGA wins as well. Ted Lasso didn’t have internal competition at WGA either.

It definitely didn’t win just because Ted Lasso oversubmitted. It’s obvious that the show has support.

And I never called it a lock in any category besides actress (Smart is a lock). I just said I was confident in it winning multiple above the line categories.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I absolutely agree with the Directing part of this. Imo Ted Lasso having three (!) Directing nominations paved the way for Hacks to win through a vote split (that’s not to say that Hacks didn’t have support or it won solely because of the split but it was a really huge factor in the absence of which I think Ted Lasso would have prevailed considering it won Casting as well).

Disagree with the Writing part though as I think Hacks would have won Writing (it’s a show about Writers and the commentary on women in entertainment was the most talked about aspect of the show outside Smart) even if Ted Lasso had only one submission.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Hacks is strong but lock is overkill. Smart is, by far, the strongest.

Agreed. Like I have said multiple times that Smart is stronger than Hacks as a series, I hope we can now finally put the argument (no shade at anyone :)) that “Hacks can win Series without winning Lead Actress” to rest.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I agree about Directing but I disagree about Writing. Hacks when on to beat Ted Lasso at WGA, so it shows the former has more support among writers than the latter. Ted Lasso also didn’t have that much competition at WGA for s1, considering Schitt’s Creek wasn’t eligible.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Why is my request for 2023 thread being removed but we aren’t getting any new threads?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Why is my request for 2023 thread being removed but we aren’t getting any new threads?

This 2023 thread removal is becoming ridiculous now. An explanation is owed for the removal of these threads. It’s a simple harmless request to divert focus constructively towards the next Emmy season.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.