Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Barry is not winning Comedy Series.

Well it should be 

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Well it should be

Deserves a sweep wbk.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Atlanta season 3 just came on Disney+ over here and the “Three Slaps” episode…

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I admired and enjoyed Barry seasons 1 and 2.

However this third season changed my perception towards the show in a whole new direction: it was absolutely mesmerizing. Not only it should win comedy series, but also lead actor, supporting actor for Henry Winkler, supporting actress, directing and more.

I’ll also add this: I did think this year the show turned into a drama with comedic elements which was not the case of the first two series, however the level of quality here was so inspiring that I don’t even care a lil bit. If they submitted in Reality Competition I’d still say they deserve to win lol.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Atlanta season 3 just came on Disney+ over here and the “Three Slaps” episode…

There are many moments and episodes like it. It’s a profoundly important season of TV even if the main actors are absent throughout.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The fact Barry was more dramatic this season becoming a Drama with comedic moments instead of a Comedy with dramatic elements, it’s why I don’t think it’ll. It’s a great show, but the change was significant this time.

Directing should be a lock for Hader tho. Those last 3 episodes were pure perfection.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Finally got around to honoring my promise to give Julia 2 episodes and I am on episode 4 now. It’s good. I find the men to be written in very 2 dimensional ways but I am sure that is how women tend to feel about most shows written by men.

The performances are strong but I am surprised by how much I enjoy the supporting performances so far. Bebe Neuwirth is fantastic and if she got a supporting nomination I wouldn’t hate it.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

The fact Barry was more dramatic this season becoming a Drama with comedic moments instead of a Comedy with dramatic elements, it’s why I don’t think it’ll. It’s a great show, but the change was significant this time.

Directing should be a lock for it tho.

This could go on my tombstone but if a dramatic show is still funnier than their competition in comedy then being dramatic should never be held against it and I don’t believe any of the comedy frontrunners are actually funnier than Barry. Ted Lasso is definitely sweeter but the laugh difference isn’t disproportionate either. Ted Lasso just tried harder to make me cry and indulged silliness to a point it made the show less compelling.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Directing should be a lock for Hader tho

+ lead actor

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.