Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 513 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
String Cheese..
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

With the ongoing trend of shows not repeating in Comedy Series, I think the prize is ripe for Hacks or maybe Barry to take although Ted Lasso is still the default frontunner.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Honestly Abbott Elementary is giving me BIG Fleabag energy. Barry, Hacks, and Ted Lasso are all quite popular and acclaimed, but nothing feels like the show of the moment quite like Abbott. And it fits perfectly within the more lighthearted mold they’ve been awarding lately (why Barry is the only show of those four I’d confidently say won’t take the trophy). We’ll have to see what happens with the nominations, but I’m starting to think it’s going to go all the way.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

SERIES:
    Abbott Elementary

ACTOR:
    Jason Sudeikis

ACTRESS:
    Quinta Brunson

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Brett Goldstein

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Hannah Waddingham

WRITING:
    Abbott Elementary

DIRECTING:
    Barry

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ll also will add that Quinta Brunson has been feeling a lot like the auteur of the year for a while now in Coel/Sudeikis/PWB/Glover ways of buzz.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I’ll also will add that Quinta Brunson has been feeling a lot like the auteur of the year for a while now in Coel/Sudeikis/PWB/Glover ways of buzz.

I know it’s just my opinion but all of those shows were significantly better to me than Abbott was. Abbott feels more like a Parks and Rec type show than any of those other shows listed.

Bill Hader definitely is in the running for auteur of the year too.

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

Honestly Abbott Elementary is giving me BIG Fleabag energy. Barry, Hacks, and Ted Lasso are all quite popular and acclaimed, but nothing feels like the show of the moment quite like Abbott. And it fits perfectly within the more lighthearted mold they’ve been awarding lately (why Barry is the only show of those four I’d confidently say won’t take the trophy). We’ll have to see what happens with the nominations, but I’m starting to think it’s going to go all the way.

That’s the funniest post of the year. And people say a lot of ridiculous things around here.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think we should keep the “Abbott Elementary will win Series” arguments until nominations are announced and it’s clear that the Academy has responded/not responded to it.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

At this point, the buzz for Abbott peaked at the exact right time for them not to do well in nominations at this year’s Emmys. I’d be pretty shocked, actually. This place was definitely a weather vane for it because I didn’t see or hear any of it until about a month after everyone here was going on about it and carried through to ballots being released and voting opening.

So, I would genuinely be shocked if they don’t get a decent haul in nominations. I still don’t think they’ll win much if anything even if they do.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s a prediction forum, people should be able to predict a show will win if they have reasonable arguments, and IMO, those arguments do exist for Abbott. Ofc people can be wrong at the end of the day but that shouldn’t stop anyone from predicting what they are thinking and seeing.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Quinta on nomination morning when she proves her strength with a Black Lady Sketch Show nom

Joke's On Them

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I know it’s just my opinion but all of those shows were significantly better to me than Abbott was. Abbott feels more like a Parks and Rec type show than any of those other shows listed.

Bill Hader definitely is in the running for auteur of the year too.

Parks and Rec has always struggled with Emmys while we are already predicting Abbott to have a nice haul of nominations for its first season. Abbott already got 5 TCA nominations, so it also makes it stronger than Parks ever was with TCA.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s a prediction forum, people should be able to predict a show will win if they have reasonable arguments, and IMO, those arguments do exist for Abbott. Ofc people can be wrong at the end of the day but that shouldn’t stop anyone from predicting what they are thinking and seeing.

Say it louder for those in the back!

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Abbott also has a serious leg up because it hit the ground running. Parks and Rec’s first season was badly received, and most people would agree it didn’t really reach its full potential until season 3 with the departure of Mark and arrival of Scott and Lowe, so it had an uphill battle with getting back viewers who might’ve already written off the show because they disliked season one. Abbott doesn’t have that problem. Not saying it’s as good as it’ll ever get, because I think it’s still growing into itself as most shows do, but it doesn’t have to try to win anyone over for a second time.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

And Parks also had it’s own internal competition/bigger priorities from NBC’s Must See TV block, two previous serious winners that the industry adored (The Office and 30 Rock) and the cool new show with cult following/critically backing (Community).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Agreed with victor’s statement although the similar texts have been used to contradict arguments of others that shows haven’t premiered.

Say it louder for those in the back!

Anyways, somewhat of a hypocritic forum esp wrt to this particular quote.
    Going away from here for good. I wish there was a way to deactivate accounts.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.