Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 513 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
probablyROB
String Cheese..
  • Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Abbott Elementary is really taking it isn’t it?

I would sincerely be shocked but it is the only genuine sitcom likely to be nominated and would lend credence to that mattering more than the execution and storytelling.

It’s a fine show and maybe even an important one so I won’t be upset if it wins. But it wouldn’t be because it was the best show in the category from my perspective.

Profile picture
    24Kgirl
    Topics:

Winners Predix

Series: Have no fucking clue

Actor: Bill Hader, Barry

Actress: Jean Smart, Hacks

Supporting Actor: Brett Goldstein , Ted Lasso

Supporting Actress: Janelle James, Abbott Elementary

Directing: 710N, Barry

Writing: Pilot, Abbott Elementary

This is kinda where my heart is thinking (it’s diverse in shows winning, would recognize all of
    the big hot 4 of Hacks, Ted Lasso, Barry and Abbott along with actually having diverse winners). But my brain can’t shake one show running the table and dominating like the last couple years and taking 4 plus categories.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I would sincerely be shocked but it is the only genuine sitcom likely to be nominated and would lend credence to that mattering more than the execution and storytelling.

It’s a fine show and maybe even an important one so I won’t be upset if it wins. But it wouldn’t be because it was the best show in the category from my perspective.

It just feels like it’s a show with growing buzz that keeps getting bigger every day, and it’s a show that will benefit from a field that’s so wide open and doesn’t have a consensus pick.
    It wouldn’t shock me and i personally don’t think it’s the best show too (although Janelle James is the Best Supporting Actress).

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

This scene and everything with Coco Vann in episode 5. The emotion Lancashire is serving with only her facial expressions.

What a thespian.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Abbott/Quinta winning Writing with Barry/Bill winning Directing completely fits with my fantasy.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Does Julia make anyone else want to cook? That’s the strongest take away so far.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Bebe Neuwirth did not allow herself to be submitted.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Does Julia make anyone else want to cook? That’s the strongest take away so far.

It makes me hungry.

Profile picture
    boolbameroon
    Topics:

Series: Abbott Elementary Actor: Bill Hader Actress: Quinta Brunson S. Actor: Brett Goldstein S. Actress: Janelle James Writing: Pilot, Abbott Elementary Directing: 710N, Barry

Literally my exact predictions.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Series: Abbott Elementary Actor: Bill Hader Actress: Quinta Brunson S. Actor: Brett Goldstein S. Actress: Janelle James Writing: Pilot, Abbott Elementary Directing: 710N, Barry

These wins (minus one of them…) are going to be a little too excellent.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But my brain can’t shake one show running the table and dominating like the last couple years and taking 4 plus categories.

This is why I think if Abbott takes series that Brunson will come along for the ride in actress too. I would prefer Jean Smart winning personally (although I don’t think Brunson would be by any means an undeserving winner) and sure we just had a case in which Kate Winslet won over Anya Taylor-Joy in the series winner but I just think it’s hard for industry voters to award the show without thinking about awarding the show’s breakout star. We’re already thinking that the show could be strong enough with the actors for James to win in a much more competitive field (where she could face internal competition) so why can’t Brunson win in a field where she faces no internal competition and could very well end up standing out as the most progressive choice.

For every Kate Winslet/Anya Taylor-Joy you have a Jeffrey Tambor/Donald Glover and Julia Louis-Dreyfus/Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Limited: Couldn’t care less

I just noticed this FYC and I LOVE it lol.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

I just noticed this FYC and I LOVE it lol.

right? I will not say it was a weak year for limited series but the fact that most of my favorite limited contenders of this season will probably be shout out in nomination day really don’t help in keep my interesting in these categories.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Finished Julia. I would be okay with it getting into series, directing, actress, supporting actor, supporting actress, and a bevy of BTL nominations. Thanks for forcing me to watch it. It was lovely. Sometimes you just need something lovely to sink into.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Both Leads of The Great chance for noms is dead, isn’t it?

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.